The Islamic Practice that Justifies Prostitution and Adultery

talk72000

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2010 07:29 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
We seldom think about it in such terms, but it is undeniable - Malay Muslims do not have religious freedom in Malaysia, in the sense that they are bound to practice only one faith and cannot explore, seriously consider, or convert to another faith. They are not free to choose their faith. Religiously and spiritually, they are not free.

http://www.malaysiakini.com/letters/123270
gungasnake

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2010 08:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
The practice of temporary marriage has long been common in Shiite Muslim communities, especially in Iran. The idea is that rather than having an affair, a man who wants to be sexually involved with a woman should marry her — for a few months, or even, hours — so the relationship will be legitimate.

Human muslims marrying eachother?? Wouldn't you call that a "mixed marriage" or something like that??

The Three Billygoats Gruff

Many years ago, in the Khwarism kingdom, the empire centered around the cities of Samarkand, Bukhara, and Gurgange in the territory now called Uzbekistan, there was a bridge across a narrow section of the Syr Daria river and this bridge was guarded by a troll, named Ali Mohammed Qa-eelbasi. This was before the padishah Mohammed of the Khwarism empire burned the beards off of four of the infidel dog Chengis Khan's ambassadors and Chengis Khan reduced that entire territory to a smoking ruin (may he who cannot take a joke endure Allah's curse).

Now, this Ali Mohammed Qa-eelbasi was quite wealthy by inheritance and by dint of clever investment strategies and stock trading and, having no need of money or wealth beyond his possessions, and being an islamic troll, rather than demanding money from travellers seeking to cross his bridge, was in the habit of demanding various other favors from them.

One morning while Ali Mohammed was guarding his bridge and attempting to catch fish in the Syr Daria, he heard the light clatter of little hooves on the wooden planks of his bridge and looked up to see a little billygoat traipsing across the bridge, trippity, clippity, clippity, trippity, and this little goat (Allah be praised!!) had glossy white fur and flowers in his mane, and was wearing a silk petticoat with what appeared to be lace panties underneath, Ali Mohammed could not be quite certain, and a little training bra from Bloomingdales', and had a coy smile upon his face.

"ALLAH BE PRAISED"!! shouted Ali Mohammed! Surely the faithful shall prosper, this must be my lucky day!!!!

And, the little goat looked at Ali Mohammed, the coy smile still on his lips, and said:

"Verily, I should be happy for you to have your way with me and ravish me to your heart's content but, were you to do that, you would then be too exhausted to appreciate my brother when he passes this way. He is only a short distance behind me and he is a larger, finer and more lovely goat than I; he buys ALL of his clothing from Victoria's Secret."
Now, when Ali Mohammed heard this, he was overcome with passion and desire, and could scarcely restrain himself; nonetheless, he replied: "Go then, with Allah's blessing", and allowed the little goat to cross the bridge unmolested. "I shall (eagerly) await your brother!"

Ali Mohammed went back to his efforts to catch fish and, about a half hour later, he heard a somewhat heavier fall of hooves across the wooden planks of his bridge: clippity cloppity clop, clippity cloppity clop, and Ali Mohammed looked up to a sight which aroused within him a veritable paroxism of passion. This was a larger goat with a gossamer veil over his face, red roses braided into his glossy white silky fur all around, a golden necklace and the thinnest sort of a purple gossamer bodice of finest khitan silk, and dark, brown bedroom eyes.

"ALLAH BE PRAISED!!!" shouted Ali Mohammed, "Verily, this must be the luckiest day of my life, for surely no troll has ever beheld so lovely, and desirable, and alluring a goat as thee!"

"Patience!" replied the goat. "Surely you might have me if you wish, but then you would be too exhausted to appreciate my eldest brother, who travels only a short distance behind me. He is the sexiest and most voluptuous and alluring goat in all the world, and he buys ALL of his clothing at Sexy Sadies Midnight Boutique. Verily, were he standing here beside me, you would not notice me at all!"

Ali Mohammed somehow or other managed to restrain his lust and passion and allowed this goat to pass as well and, after ten or twelve minutes when he collected his wits and got his pulse and breath back under control, returned to his fishing poles.

Now when the eldest brother amongst the three goats came up to the bridge over the Syr Daria river and walked upon its wooden planks, Ali Mohammed did not notice at first, because this goat's hooves, for some reason, made no sound. Ali Mohammed was in fact taken by complete surprise as this third goat walked up to within five feet before the troll ever saw him at all. This goat had a silken veil as did the second goat, and gossamer clothing but, underneath the gossamer, appeared to be a very strange goat indeed, yellowish with black stripes, a long tail, fearsome claws, and huge, very non-goatlike teeth. This third goat spoke these words:

Bless, O Lord, this food to my use and me to thy service, and make me ever mindful of the needs of others through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
and, with that, seized the unlucky troll in his mighty jaws, chewed him into bitesized pieces, and wolfed him down.

roger

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2010 10:12 pm
@gungasnake,
Delightful! Now, how long have you been waiting for a chance to plant that yarn?
gungasnake

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2010 10:26 pm
@roger,
Feel free to pass it around...
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2010 10:37 pm
@talk72000,
What's the hell is your point Talk? This is a thread about temporary marriage. Sure, you bring up every negative article written about Muslims. I will agree with many of them. I particularly believe in religious freedom and find the laws in Malaysia to be quite troubling.

But so what? This has nothing to do with the discussion of temporary marriage.

And how is this different then the religious Christians in this country trying to prevent homosexuals from serving in the military or getting married.

If I were a Malay, I would be working hard to try to bring religious freedom to my country (of course religious freedom would include protecting the rights of Muslims).

But I am not a Malay, although this bothers me as an distant observer, it is not my struggle.

I am an American. My biggest concern is with religious freedom in my own country. Right now the threats to religious freedom involve fundamentalist Christians trying to dictate laws concerning morality, and trying to keep people from practicing other religions.

Bigotry (particularly against Islam) the greatest threat to religious freedom in my country. That is why I oppose it so strongly when I see it here.

0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 12:00 am
@allegoria,
allegoria wrote:
Child support is not taken care of when this tradition legally and religiously supports prostitution in such countries are Iraq or Iran or SA, etc!

Your passion is commendable, but misinformed. A husband's obligations to children from a temporary marriage are the same as his obligations to children from any other marriage. See, for example, Wikipedia's article on Islamic law:

Wikipedia wrote:
The husband is financially responsible for any children resulting from the marriage. As it is believed that a woman should not be burdened with the responsibility of providing for a family, she is allowed to work and spend her money as she chooses.

Source

The abuses your describe aren't problems with the terms of those marriages. They are problems with men breaking the terms of those marriages.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 01:02 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

It is a shame that there is no prostitution or adultery in Christian countries.

Man, are you living on this planet or Mars? Which Christian countries lack male/female prostitution and adultery?
Miller

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 01:07 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I find this type of defamation leveled toward Jews ... cultures that people distrust but have very little understanding of, to be distasteful and dangerous.

How did we enter this new topic? And by the way, where is this Muslim practice encouraged by Jews?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 01:08 am
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

Did you know that in Muslim countries they do not allow people to change their religion?

No, I didn't.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 01:11 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I am an American,...

So ? Is this an excuse?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 01:12 am
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

Muslims are bigots against other religions by not allowing other religions to be practiced or allow people to change their religions.

Yes, they're extreme bigots.
Thomas

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 07:50 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

talk72000 wrote:

Muslims are bigots against other religions by not allowing other religions to be practiced or allow people to change their religions.

Yes, they're extreme bigots.

Really? The whole billion of them? You are painting with an awfully broad brush here. For example, please show me the particular laws of Indonesia and Turkey, two of the largest Muslim nations, prohibiting that Muslims convert to a different religion.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 09:19 am
@Miller,
Miller doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humor (I don't like the smileys especially when the joke is so obvious).
0 Replies