Illegal drugs, and legal ones

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:01 pm
Should marijuana be legalized?

Also, which is the worse of the 2, marijuana or alcohol?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,439 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:02 pm
My plan is this:

Legalize marijuana and put a huge tax on it.....something like 20% or something....slowly the smokers would WEED themselves out, because of the high cost.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:04 pm
Yes, I believe that MJ should be legalized.

It is not a matter of which product is "worse". I think that either product, in moderation, used at appropriate times, is no problem. It is when one abuses alcohol or MJ that there is a problem.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:06 pm
I think it is alot harder to abuse marijuana than it is to abuse booze.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:32 pm
what was the quesshion. Gimme some more dem Liddle Debbies
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 03:43 am
Yes it should be legal, but I don't agree with the inflated pricing. If it's priced higher than it is on the streets, then people will continue to buy from the streets.

I think abuse of either pot or alcohol are both bad, so it's hard to say which I think is worse. I do tend to lean towards the abuse of alcohol being worse though.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 05:31 am
If it's legalized, people will grow their own. It is a weed, isn't it?

George Washington grew the stuff. Hemp... they used to make rope from it.

Stuff is insidious, though. Makes you so stupid that you don't realizer just how boring being a stoner is. I've smoked my life's quota... ain't gonna smoke no mo'.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 06:18 am
Quote:
Stuff is insidious, though. Makes you so stupid that you don't realizer just how boring being a stoner is.

SealPoet- Sure. and drinking yourself into oblivion is stupid and boring too. But I think that as an adult, a person is capable of using MJ without becoming a "stoner", just the way a person can have a cocktail at dinner, without becoming a drunk!

Just in case anyone is wondering, the entire issue to me, is the principal of the thing. I haven't smoked pot in 25 years, and I drink very little, at this point in time.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 06:46 am
I agree with Phoenix.

It should be legalized -- and questioning which is worse probably should not play a part, because both are poison in the hands of the wrong people.

I do think a huge tax is appropriate, and I do NOT worry about what concerns Montana, because even if the tax on an ounce were $50 -- when added to the cost of growing the stuff, the price would still be $51 per ounce.

Current street price is between $250 and $500 per ounce.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 07:48 am
I agree with legalization. It's about time it came into government control. Maybe they could clear the deficit. I have also seen the effects of both pot and alcohol abuse. Both can be abused, and both can be addictive, depending on the personality of the user.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 05:16 pm
Montana wrote:
Yes it should be legal, but I don't agree with the inflated pricing. If it's priced higher than it is on the streets, then people will continue to buy from the streets.

I think abuse of either pot or alcohol are both bad, so it's hard to say which I think is worse. I do tend to lean towards the abuse of alcohol being worse though.

The punishment for selling it illegally would be death.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 05:17 pm
SealPoet wrote:

Stuff is insidious, though. Makes you so stupid that you don't realizer just how boring being a stoner is. I've smoked my life's quota... ain't gonna smoke no mo'.

A permit for growing it would be needed....and growing it without a permit, death...reward for turning in someone who is growing without a permit, free permit.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 05:18 pm
Just think of the revenue it would bring in for the USA economy.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 05:27 pm
SealPoet wrote:

I don't think it's a weed, that is just a nickname.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 01:49 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
I agree with Phoenix.

It should be legalized -- and questioning which is worse probably should not play a part, because both are poison in the hands of the wrong people.

I do think a huge tax is appropriate, and I do NOT worry about what concerns Montana, because even if the tax on an ounce were $50 -- when added to the cost of growing the stuff, the price would still be $51 per ounce.

Current street price is between $250 and $500 per ounce.

Of course if the price of the pot itself were reasonable, then that's different ;-)

If I was still an occational smoker, I would simply grow my own. When you've got a green thumb, you've got to run with it, lol!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 12:04 pm
Child: it is a weed. Grows with little help from anyone, in the right climate. Of course the stuff grown without any help doesn't have the same kick...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 12:12 pm
Wow, Child! I believe in the death penalty, but even I am not quite ready to extend it to tax evasion.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 01:30 pm
SealPoet wrote:
Child: it is a weed. Grows with little help from anyone, in the right climate. Of course the stuff grown without any help doesn't have the same kick...

Whoa, you seem to know alot about this stuff.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 01:31 pm
roger wrote:
Wow, Child! I believe in the death penalty, but even I am not quite ready to extend it to tax evasion.

Yeah, I'm wacky.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 01:49 pm
Child of the Light

You gotta chill out.

What you need is some smokin' dope.

Weed.

Mary Jane.
0 Replies