HOLY ****, HOWMANEE GEEZERS WE GOT HERE??

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 06:06 pm
@spendius,
You're awfully vocal here with the old geezers, spendius.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 10:27 pm
Oh, shut up, the lot of you.
I just attended a birthday party for my friend, Noah Keen, (look him up) .
He's 90 and gave the most articulate, funny, low brow, acerbic birthday party speech to a crowded room of well-wishers ever.

And he blew out all the candles.

63?
ppppfffftttt!
Joe(call me when you are 80, then you might qualify to be called an elder.)Nation
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 03:05 am
@Joe Nation,
You are sounding awfully like a geezer there Joe. When I was not a geezer, I used to just let stuff like this go by. Now , I get annoyed quite easily, like you just did.Complaining about everything, no matter how minor is a sure sign of increasing geezeishness Except I get annoyed whenever my keys go wandering around and I cant find em.

Whether 55 or 90, yer still a geezer adn you just might as well acknowledge the increasing slope.

Quote:

Its not exactly like climbing K2 without oxygen now is it?

Pardon my testyness, Im a geezer dont ya know.
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 03:14 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I can piss all over you any day of the week.
You should have that checked, incontinance can be easily controlled these days with meds.

Why dont we have a phrase matchy off and let the readers decide who wins? Or ARE YOU JUST A WHINING PUSSY YOU OLD GEEZER?
FBM

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 05:28 am
I'm just a poor old man.... ....my eyes are poor, my nose is knackered. ....

WOULD Y'ALL TYPE LOUDER, PLEASE? THANK YOU!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 05:33 am
HOW'S THIS . . . BETTER?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 05:34 am
I ain't no feckin' geezer. I can do anything a 25 year old can do, usually better, and I can provide testimonials.

My secret? Drugs. I can afford them. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 05:43 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Literary "style" isnt a forced attempt to cram so many words into a single sentence.
Think "Call me Ishmael" and not some damned instruction pamphlet for an Indonesian Toaster Oven. You lack acreativity and artistry. Even though you are a fraud in science, you should try harder to create thoughts that dont diefrom your own brand of word constipation.
I would laugh, and did; if I did not know how central to thought the Bible was when "Call me Ishmael", was written... I have never read the whole Bible, or the Holy Qu'ran for that matter, and people like my self, and perhaps you, who may own hundreds of books cannot grasp to what extent a single book can own a person... And I must say that if I read Moby Dick a dozen times without help, I would not likely catch all the levels of meaning or the subtle existential arguments found there... Melville was an outcast, and a failure, and not because of some sin, or curse, or weakness; but only because his cruel age could not comprehend him... Everyone was just too busy, busy, busy... And we can afford to be kind, but we cannot comprehend upon what cruelties our technology was built that allows such kindness and sentamentality to caress us...What if underneath our thin veneer of caring, for animals, for the environment, and for each other if there is little more than civilized brutality thirsting for blood and suffering to make us feel real??? Because I see that tilt in the old who know life's cruelty and care not, and I see that in our politics that seeks to make legal great suffering for whole swathes of people, strip them of their rights, and make them slaves, or see them die without hope; and those who push such poison dress like others, and walk like others and only their speech reveals their criminal nature...
Excuse this post... There is perhaps a better place for it... Maybe I was constipated and had to let it fly..
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 05:53 am
@Fido,
Holy ****! Reading Farmerman's thread topic, I began to wonder how **** became endowed with holiness? Will **** achieve sainthood during my life time? Will **** rise to heaven if we can identify it's location in our universe?

BBB
Fido

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 06:27 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You are sounding awfully like a geezer there Joe. When I was not a geezer, I used to just let stuff like this go by. Now , I get annoyed quite easily, like you just did.Complaining about everything, no matter how minor is a sure sign of increasing geezeishness Except I get annoyed whenever my keys go wandering around and I cant find em.

Whether 55 or 90, yer still a geezer adn you just might as well acknowledge the increasing slope.

Quote:

Its not exactly like climbing K2 without oxygen now is it?

Pardon my testyness, Im a geezer dont ya know.

Years ago in an age long past, a travelling sales man came across a ninty year old republican rocking on his front porch... In the course of their conversation, the sales man said: In ninety years you must have seen a lot of changes...
Yes, agreed the republican; and I was agin every one of them...

Can you imagine what negativity is involved in defining yourself solely by what you are against; and yet in talking to a lot of older folks, that is what I often encounter.... That is a side of all our social forms, that not one save humanity embraces all people and excludes none, but so often people seek out those groups that include few and exclude all... In a world where everyone is young the old are automatically excluded from so much, and their thoughts and feeling are often disregarded as a matter of course... And from the point of view of one 57, and getting there, I can see it from the perspective of the Young as well: We did nothing to solve the problems they face on a daily basis... IN taking ours, our nice retirements and good incomes we really were messing up the environment and confounding human relations around the globe... And on the other hand, what power did we actually have in our lives??? We could not accept the good we were given- as a rational and informed choice, and as **** is handed to the next gen, what choice has any of them, or us in our lives???

It is at that point where happiness is denied to all of us, that the essential control over our affairs is missing... We have no democracy and we can all see out socieity flailing about like a drowning man, and taking us down with it, but not one of us is given the opportunity to do anything about it... We did not vote ourselves into this mess and cannot vote ourselves out of it because we do not have democracy... So I do not deny bitterness to the old... When people wish their entire lives away because they never feel free to strike out against the injustice that grips them at every step of their existence until suddenly they find death waiting behind their next wish, and they are too old or infirm to turn against the boot that crushes them, then they are entitled to bitterness...

I would suggest that we all embrace democracy not for its common use of making legal the injury of others, and their removal from their rights; but to free us all from exploitation, and to give us sovereignty in our own affairs... To live is society is to endure some injustice, but it should not be ramapant... People should be free in their own affairs to the extent that their affairs do not affect others, and to the extent that their affairs affect others democracy should control them, and in that way we could have both freedom and protection...

The young should take a lesson from the old, not from what they say, but from their attitudes and perpetual scowls of injustice... There is never a good excuse for accepting injustice only because it is suffered by others and seems to benefit ones self... If we did not know the extent to which we benefitted from injustice, the exploitation of people here and in the third world, and the universal ongoing explotation of the environment it is because we did not want to know; and if we did not kick, or ever raise our voices against it, then we deserve all the injustice old age can heap upon us, and should smile at our just deserts...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 06:34 am
@Fido,
Quote:
And I must say that if I read Moby Dick a dozen times without help, I would not likely catch all the levels of meaning or the subtle existential arguments found there...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 06:36 am
@Fido,
Quote:
Maybe I was constipated and had to let it fly..

Well , at least your writing reaches and attains a point. Spendi just tries out new unconnected phrases within which he loves to namedrop fols who are always irrelevant to the topic.
Fido

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 06:46 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Holy ****! Reading Farmerman's thread topic, I began to wonder how **** became endowed with holiness? Will **** achieve sainthood during my life time? Will **** rise to heaven if we can identify it's location in our universe?

BBB

Desiderius Erasmus mentioned a dirty old shoe being offered as relic of a saint for a kiss... How far can any shoe be from **** in the inelegance of ignorance that blinds us???
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 06:49 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Maybe I was constipated and had to let it fly..

Well , at least your writing reaches and attains a point. Spendi just tries out new unconnected phrases within which he loves to namedrop fols who are always irrelevant to the topic.

I should not have risen to his bait...
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 07:08 am
@Fido,
You can redeem yourself by finding an answer to my question: "Holy ****! Reading Farmerman's thread topic, I began to wonder how **** became endowed with holiness? Will **** achieve sainthood during my life time? Will **** rise to heaven if we can identify it's location in our universe?"

BBB
Fido

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 07:22 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

You can redeem yourself by finding an answer to my question: "Holy ****! Reading Farmerman's thread topic, I began to wonder how **** became endowed with holiness? Will **** achieve sainthood during my life time? Will **** rise to heaven if we can identify it's location in our universe?"

BBB

Then I shall remain unredeemed... **** certainly has its spiritual qualities and is infinite...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 08:11 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Why dont we have a phrase matchy off and let the readers decide who wins? Or ARE YOU JUST A WHINING PUSSY YOU OLD GEEZER?

Okay then. I'll have a go at anything. I don't mind losing.

Right then--we are gathered together on this Tues afternoon for our tea and cakes. The nurse has been round with her tray of coloured simples and we are settled into our chintz covered armchairs. fammie and eddie have had their bibs tied on.

We are to decide the entertainment for Sat Nite. The usual procedure is a few rounds of Bingo, then a quiet listen to a Palm Court of the Grande Hotel LP. This is followed by a drinks break with our resident pianist tinkling out a few Golden Oldies during which discussions are encouraged on such topics as, say, whether it is best to be cremated, buried, sign up for a cryogenic's tenancy or to donate our bodies to scientific research establishments, or whether a proper currach can be constructed out of DIY materials using power tools. Anything to get our pulses racing and the veins on our temples swollen with indignation.

And the top of the bill, to jolly us all off to our rooms in a pleasant frame of mind, is a brought in act which we choose and which is paid for by a pork-barrel funding operation to help garner the votes of the elderly and those in various stages of dotage. $200 top limit. Forfeit if unused.

I have a suggestion and fammie has a suggestion. And we are both on 10% agent's commission. We have to sell our act to the cantankerous, impatient and discerning residents of Sunset Vistas in 200 words maximum.

After our respective presentations a vote is taken.

farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 09:50 am
@spendius,
I thimk, that without me saying ANYTHING, youve defeated yourself with that last one.
spendius

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 10:32 am
@farmerman,
No fammie. You have ducked out as I knew you would. You threw down the gauntlet. I picked it up and thus had choice of weapons. Then you had recourse to the usual simple formula (the assertion) to wave the white flag whilst trying to look dignified which made you look even more ridiculous.

It didn't say in the Sunset Vistas brochure that residents needed to put up with being addressed as if they are three years old.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 11:13 am
How's about a joint rolling competition?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kr1sboZVCc1qzp1zzo1_400.jpg

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 01:42:18