HOLY ****, HOWMANEE GEEZERS WE GOT HERE??

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:27 pm
@farmerman,
I almost started a thread recently re the impact of certain birthdays when Ragman turned sixty, but... I forgot.

There's a whole bunch of you boomers here that I can frown at as kids.

Tempus fugits faster over time.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:28 pm
This is by far the most enjoyable thread for me since joining a2k. Laughing

"Hey, I guess they're right. Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose."
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:28 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

No kiddin' . . . you'll don't get any older than dead, and i'm happy to be alive. Any way, when Alexander the Not So Great was my age, he had been dead for twenty-seven years.

Ya; What ever happened to live fast, die young???
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:33 pm
@Roberta,
You will? I know that, of course I know that. I have you still in your fifties in my mind.
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Try to keep up Osso, your dribbling on the keyboard.
Fido

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:35 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Alex the Great had an occupational hazard as conqueror of the then known-world. Those life spans were short. I think he died at age 32, didn't he?
Wasn't that the conquest method of importing malaria to Europe??? Worked for syphilus, small pox, and Measles too... Let me not forget lead poisoning... Think of all the things you could die from and how few things you can live from...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:41 pm
@mags314772,
Me too, Mags
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:42 pm
@farmerman,
Ok. Reaching for the paper towels.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:44 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Thirty-three . . . he died of disease, though, not from wounds. There have been allegations of poison, but none were contemporary, which, with "great" men is usually a good sign that there was no poisoning.

Anyway, he was no geezer. When Niccolò Machiavelli was my age, he had been dead for two years.

Rare to find such a scum bag and philosopher combined in one skin... Reminds me of the joke of the fellow reading a grave stone saying: here lies a lawyer and an honest man; and concluding, there must be two people in that grave...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:47 pm
One of our older posters, possibly our most mellow person, personality wise, is JLNobody. And besides that, funny on occasion.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:48 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Thad be me... Too soon old; too late smart...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:55 pm
I ain't as good as I once was, but - fool me once, shame on - fool - me twice, as I once was. Dang. What thread is this?
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:59 pm
Getting on in years isn't all bad. Except that now it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 07:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Say, it burns me plenty that cremation plans and offers of hospice services reach my mailbox daily. Bunch a wise guys. If any of 'em show their kissers around here, I'll give 'em the works. I'll cut their water off.

Maybe they know something you don't know... Maybe your doctor or insurance provider is feeding them information for a kickback... Nice knowing you...
Fido

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 07:08 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

No wonder folks resist being put into Old Folks Homes. Imagine this conversation with us all sat around a coffee table with a flowerpot in the middle on fairly comfy chintz armchairs waiting for Godot.

Three old guys were sitting around complaining about their health... The first one said: I can't crap any more... I get up at seven o'clock every day and sit on the pot till eight, and all I do is fart...

The second man said: I know what you mean; I can't pee no more... I get up at seven, and can stand at the toilet till eight, and all I do is drip...

The third guy said: I don't know about you two, but every morning at seven I **** and piss regular...

The other two said: So what's wrong with that???

The third guy said: Well; I don't usually get up till eight...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 07:09 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Then ya shouldnt be driving ya old coot.

If you don't like the way I drive stay off the side walk...
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 07:12 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Then ya shouldnt be driving ya old coot.

If you don't like the way I drive stay off the side walk...

That's good advice.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 07:14 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Say, it burns me plenty that cremation plans and offers of hospice services reach my mailbox daily. Bunch a wise guys. If any of 'em show their kissers around here, I'll give 'em the works. I'll cut their water off.

Maybe they know something you don't know... Maybe your doctor or insurance provider is feeding them information for a kickback... Nice knowing you...

I'll live to dance in their gravy.
msolga

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 07:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
<sigh> I'm afraid I must confess (yet again!) to being an old geezer, along with the rest of you. I'm not going to give my exact age because I don't want to become too depressed so early in the weekend. <sigh>
Baby boomer. Enough said.

However, on the credit side, I'm not a candidate (yet!) for a hip replacement & I can still find my house keys & stuff like that ... so things aren't too bad yet, I guess? Smile

In preparation for the fun & games which lie ahead, I'm looking for examples of folk who do old age with verve & panache! There must be lots of them out there, right?

My current inspiration, who gives me a little hope for when I'm a "senior", is Leonard. If he can be so cool, so intelligent & humorous in his mid seventies, then there's hope for the rest of us, right?
Right?:

Now my friends are gone and my hair is grey
I ache in the places I used to play ..

Fido

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 07:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Fido wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

I'll live to dance in their gravy.

Insert poop for dance, and I'll believe you... No one gets old without knowing how and when to get even...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:17:51