WATERTOWN - BOSTON - REAL ESTATE TIMING

ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 05:52 pm
@ehBeth,
It took a while, but my colleague gave her notice today. They're moving to some point where Watertown and Belmont (?) meet. Her hubby's been happily living in Cambridge for a year, she fell in love with the area on her first (!) visit about a week ago - thanks to littlek for the resto recommendation that might have tipped the balance.
littlek

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 06:56 pm
@ehBeth,
They didn't even go to the restaurant! While the Watertown/Belmont area doesn't have great rail service to the city, it has busses!
ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 07:03 pm
@littlek,
Ole

She's still telling everyone about it.

She loves how everyone walks, takes buses, rides bikes. I didn't mention that your winter is crazier than ours.
littlek

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 08:23 pm
@ehBeth,
Ole!

Perhaps you should mention that! Or, if she's moving here no matter what, maybe don't tell her until October.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 08:34 pm
@littlek,
They signed the lease on the weekend. She gave notice at work. Jb and the kid are moving.
littlek

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 08:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Ok, so it's probably now ok to warn her about our winters. #1 priority are waterproof winter boots (LL Bean makes reasonable ones). My guess is that the amount of slush we have here might be a big difference between here and there, but I could be wrong.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 08:47 pm
@littlek,
She's more of a Louboutin girl than an LL Bean gal, but she'll figure it out.

Their daughter will love it - she's a wonderful winter baby!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 04:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Funny I just saw this - I lived on the Belmont Watertown line over 15 years ago - in Belmont. Loved the area. It was easy to get into Boston - just a bus ride to Harvard Square or a short drive to the train line. Quick and easy to drive in from there as well.
jespah

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2011 06:14 am
@Linkat,
That's off Route 2, yes? If so, it's not too terribly far from us. Smile
Linkat

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2011 07:19 am
@jespah,
Yes - near route 2. I lived about a mile from the Watertown line. To drive, I'd actually go through Watertown and hop onto the Mass Pike near Newton - quickest way in during rush hour.

And after that I moved to Arlington - right off route 2 - and bonus I could walk to Alewife from where I lived.

Not bonus - my roommate ended up being Kathy Bates when she was on Misery -
0 Replies