Elmo Doesn't Want To Play

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 12:16 pm
Katy Perry's romp with Elmo got pulled from Sesame Street.

You be the judge.

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/a-line/sesame-street-pulls-controversial-katy-perry-duet/624?nc

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,160 • Replies: 9
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 12:18 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yeah, I saw that.... a friend on Facebook said her preschool daughter had seen it on Youtube and loved it.

The costume is a bit booby but whatever.

I think it's silly to pull it. I don't think the kids would register anything in particular.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 12:19 pm
@sozobe,
I laughed when I saw that last night. As one of the commentators put, cleavage isn't something you wear, it's what you have.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 12:19 pm
But what WERE they (producers, costumers, etc) thinking??
Linkat

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 12:28 pm
@PUNKEY,
Well I saw an interview with Elmo this morning on one of the morning shows - he said that he is planning another play date with Katy.

It isn't Elmo it is all those grumpy old adults.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 12:30 pm
@sozobe,
I agree - it was kinda cute I thought. My daughters were watching it with me this morning and asked why they weren't going to show it on Sesame Street. I said that some adults felt she wasn't dressed appropriately for young children. My 2nd grader said yeah you can almost see her underwear.

But little toddlers where this is geared towards - I doubt they'd even notice. I think she looks a bit like she is wearing a ballet costume.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 12:31 pm
@PUNKEY,
I don't think they decided - my guess it was Katy's idea. It is her all over. My kids although liking some of her songs do say that she dresses and acts inappropriatedly. Which my take is more why the parents don't like it. It is who she is and what she is like (besides within this video).
farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 05:51 pm
@Linkat,
Elmo said that he felt he and Katy had a special communication and each responded to the other. SO ELmo later said that felt he could get lucky.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 06:01 pm
@PUNKEY,
What I read somewhere is that they want parents watching with their kids, so they do stuff to pull them in. They've been doing that since I was kid, I remember my parents walking by and doing a double take and saying, "Hey, that's ______!" (Some person I'd never heard of but who was cool/ famous in some way.)
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sat 25 Sep, 2010 11:23 am
Posted on Twitter
Laughing

"This episode of Sesame Street is brought to you by the letters T and A."

0 Replies