About sitcoms.

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 06:07 pm
What is your favorite sitcom of childhood and what is your favorite sitcom of 80's. What is the character that you most liked in the sitcoms. Appreciate it if you answer? sort of curious
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,674 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 06:13 pm
My favorite sitcom was The Honeymooners. That was in the 1950s . . . in the 1980s, i didn't watch television (and still don't, except for movies or the news). Just about every sitcom which came along afterward used the same situations and gags as The Honeymooners, so i was unimpressed. All in the Family broke some ground for American television--it was a copy of a Britcom. Barney Miller was brilliant, Taxi not so much. Those were from the 70s, though, i believe.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 06:38 pm
@findingsolutions,
Since I grew up in the 80's:
MASH (more when it started in syndication then when it was on prime time); Cheers; Newhart; Family Ties; Murphy Brown; and the Cosby Show.

Oh and WKRP which creeped into the 80's. It has one of the single most hilarious episodes of all time: "Turkeys Away" (Oct/30/78)

I watched far too much television and well since I know now that I was relatively indiscriminate in my television viewing I know a lot of what I watched and somewhat enjoyed back then would not age gracefully and be rewatchable these days unlike many 80's fetishists who over-sentimentalize their coming of age television experiences.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 07:31 pm
I have been a fan of many sitcoms all my life, beginning with radio shows in the 1940s and on into the 21st century. As a kid, I liked The Great Gildersleve the most. Later on, it was The Honeymooners. Then Mary Tyler Moore. All in the Family. M*A*S*H*. The Cosby Show. Roseanne. Seinfeld. Currently, I watch 2 1/2 Men. These are not the only shows I liked, but they are my top favorites.
Roberta

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 08:18 am
@edgarblythe,
After rejecting myriad sitcoms for one reason or another, I finally decided that I liked the Dick Van Dyke Show well enough to mention it here. There were no characters I actively disliked (unusual for me), and it actually made me laugh on occasion.
0 Replies