Erasing my post to appease a nutjob.

Ceili

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 07:20 pm
So, I write a post. A nutjob named dumb dumb doesn't like it and it gets erased? Really? It wasn't abusive, she just doesn't understand the obvious. Perhaps she's the kind of poster you want.
Maybe someone can explain.
Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 971 • Replies: 16

Mame

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 07:24 pm
@Ceili,
I don't think that's right, esp in light of the fact that multiple stupid topics (some by people named dumb dumb) are allowed to stay, even though they're stupid and dumb (the posts and the posters).

But I'd consider it an honour, were it me. It basically means that you're not dumb enough to be allowed to stay in the dumb post by the dumb poster. Hey! It's a win situation for you.

But I agree - it's not fair. Where are the rules? Are they posted anywhere? And do you really care that your not-dumb post was removed from a dumb post by a dumb poster? I wouldn't Smile
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 07:29 pm
I'm just curious why? I don't think it was offensive. I may have stretched the truth a wee bit, but seriously. I read all kinds of shite by the likes of Bill, Ionus and Hawkeye and they never get erased, so I'm curious, what line I crossed. Do the mods really want people like dumb dumb to keep posting stupid threads? Really?
Where's Leona, maybe they should invite her back too.
I'd just like someone to tell me what the rush to erase my post/s was, and why.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 08:36 pm
@Ceili,
In situations like this, I think the mods like people to click on Contact Us at the bottom of the page.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 08:50 pm
Maybe they should address this publicly so we all know the rules.
Now she's using two names, dumbwife and wifeontop, is that kosher too???
ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 09:09 pm
@Ceili,
Well, they often say, Contact Us. They have enough tasks just catching spam and answering the Contact Us thing without searching for threads like this one that hope to have them answer.

On the question, I dunno, but I-the-loudmouth haven't yet figured out what to say to the poster, as "sputter, sputter, sputter" doesn't do it and I don't have the patience to formulate a better response.
Ceili

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 09:32 pm
@ossobuco,
True.. I'll give it a thought. Thanks.
I've only contacted them once. A url directing people to a pedophile site. I thought that post was worthy of removal. I only regret two or three of my posts, nasty language wise, and those ones I could understand being expunged. I would actually love if they were.
This was not one of them.

0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 10:07 pm
Mea culpa maximus... I must now eat my words. I read something, assumed, shabbily investigated and then realized I'd made a fool of myself. Sorry.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 10:12 pm
@Ceili,
; )
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 11:36 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
Mea culpa maximus... I must now eat my words. I read something, assumed, shabbily investigated
and then realized I'd made a fool of myself. Sorry.
Does that mean that your post was NOT erased ??
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 07:39 am
@Ceili,
I think many of us do that regularly. You're in good company.
engineer

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 09:55 am
@Ceili,
Alright, you must tell us what the post was! I looked up your profile and couldn't find any other recent posts (although I did enjoy your self description.)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 03:21 pm

YES: WHAT was the post that was erased ???????
Ceili

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 03:51 pm
@engineer,
Thank you
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 03:55 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
As it turns out it wasn't erased after all thus the mea culpa.
The post that I believed she had erased also prompted her to feel sorry for Texan men, although I'm still not sure what the correlation was...
I told her that an italian woman would cut a mans balls off before she got down on her knees to please a man that had cheated and given her a potentially deadly disease.

It was crass but definitely not abusive. I also told her to look up the word vendetta. Long story short, I believe she and her many aliases have left the building. C'est la vie.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 04:01 pm
@JPB,
And I like the company I keep around here too... Thanks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 04:10 pm
@JPB,
Yeh, I have a recent spat I need to revisit, as I think I was out lunching without catching on to new information.

As I've said somewhere here, sometime, a2k is a way for many of us to learn how to argue comprehensibly.
0 Replies