ABUZZ-open invite to A2K

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 01:29 pm
I DO hope, you all remember, who won (sic!) the vice championship!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 01:38 pm
S.

Are you upstaging us with eye candy ? Or are you really on a roll ?
both maybe.....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 01:55 pm
On a roll, with honey-mustard
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 02:45 pm
I belong to about 5 or 6 places like this. I spend more time here than all the others combined.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 02:54 pm
I'm down to two right now--i used to drop in on site in Singapore at which everyone posted in english (for the practice i believe, as well as obviating the dialect problems of chinese-speakers posting on the www), but it was very clannish and unfriendly. I have also often looked in on some sites in France, and one in Italy where the members post in english--these latter because i wanted to see how Europeans viewed world events. However, the sense of community, of being known, and accepted by at least some, have narrowed my "board surfing" to this one and p45 in Ireland.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 03:25 pm
I enjoy this site, I've looked into other sites after afuzz went haywire. The other sites I looked into lacked "something" and eventually I posted on afuzz again, but very rarely. After my first vist here I knew this was what I had been looking for. It helps that there are a number of people here who I have respect for after either interacting with, or reading their posts on afuzz even though I may not agree with their opinions.

In short, I feel very comfortable here.

BTW, Debacle invited me here, just letting you know in case you need to blame someone for that darn pueo being here. :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 03:42 pm
One thing that I do like about this site is getting to know storied Abuzzers from days of old. Wink Pueo and Setanta are 2 I'd heard OF but hadn't really interacted with much 'til A2K.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 05:03 pm
sozobe- Me too- I recognize the names, but there are some people with whom I have never interacted- and I am looking forward to it now!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 07:35 pm
Add me to the list of folks who had escaped from Abuzz long ago. Hadn't posted much at all for a good year-plus and then I got the invite from jespah and figured I'd check this place out. I fell in love with it immediately because many of the people I most missed from abuzz are here and because it's a wonderful, fun site -- love the ability to post graphics, love the way you can do almost everything here (and it's easy enough for even computer idiots like me to learn).

Ditto the thanks to all involved. If it weren't for A2K I'd probably still be playing computer games every night instead of enjoying the company of so many nice folks. In my case, A2K replaced the games, not Abuzz.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 12:43 am
Jespah and Craven, is this site officially open? I have friends who weren't at abuzz who might like it a lot. Or would you rather that not happen?
0 Replies

JoanDark

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 01:51 am
Well,this site is my substitute for abuzz. Yes, Phoenix, abuzz displeased me. It used to be so wonderful, and, well, went so sadly downhill. I ceased going, became ignorant of what was going on there. Spent most of my time in email, or at the Crone's sites. When Jespah invited me here (thanks Jes!)I bookmarked the invite, but didn't come over here for quite a while. Nor did I go to abuzz. And when a friend said how much she was enjoying the site, it was, I finally got around to entering. I'm delighted!
It's perfectly lovely to see you all again, and in so nice an atmosphere!
Kraven, thanks for closing the abuzz link. It really frightened me when I was sent that email, and I'm glad "THEY" can't come here. I understand that , to you and Jes this site has nothing to do with abuzz, but, to many of us, it IS a substutute, and if we wanted to be with THEM, we wouldda stayed.
And while I'm at it, Thank you Jespah andCraven for building so awesome a site!
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 03:48 am
I still visit Abuzz a few times a week, but I'm selective about where I go there...Will definitely hit the Rainforest threads...some of the most decent people on Abuzz go to that site daily. I think my main reason for still going to Abuzz, though, is the fact that there are still some great people interacting there who haven't for whatever reason come here yet, and I would truly hate to lose contact with them. Abuzz had and still has some great qualities, but the impostors and such have taken their toll...It's not the fun place to go that it used to be.

This site, on the other hand, still offers me the chance to interact with a diverse population from around the world, but allows it to happen in a civilized manner. The people here like to exchange information, and discuss and debate topics without throwing garbage in each others faces...It's refreshing.

I, too, want to thank you Craven (and, anyone else responsible) for starting up this site. I don't look at it as a substitute for Abuzz, just a place to go that's more pleasant, and one I'll probably come to more and more as time goes by.
0 Replies

Smitty

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 01:43 pm
Feel I was on & off Abuzz for some 4 plus yrs. Often I would dial it in, then wander around to the different forms & since it seemed to be a bit heavy with name calling, foul language & such I would simply leave, though once in a while I would put in a post or two.
Feel I will like this one better. Mind you I am rather new & still sort of feeling my way around. Like I did a 'spell check' on THIS very spot & then must have erased it by hitting the wrong key so back to typing it out again. One is always learning & that is how life ticks.
Mind you I do spend a fair amount of time on some motorcycle sites & there I am advising a rider how to winterize his m/c for the 40th time or more. Also on comes someone with his/her eye on a very fast trotting m/c & we realize they have NEVER ridden a m/c SO we are politely suggesting they take the MSF course, then look at a more sensible m/c with nice pull at lower revs rather then an a powerful replica of a road racer & some sensible riding gear.
Still nice to get away from the m/c end once in a while & I feel it will be on this Site.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 04:53 pm
ossobuco and anyone else wondering about invitess - could you please PM me with the names of whoever you want invited to A2K? We are still doing invites (for the remainder of the year - we have a very long list to get through) and it's entirely possible that your list consists of people who are either on it for the future or have already been invited and for whatever reason haven't come here yet.

I do this because we are trying very, very hard not to duplicate invitations. I personally consider that to be a mark of disorganization and some people might take it as spamming. This also assures that people get all of the information they need, e. g. that they learn that they must use a valid email address, and where the registration validation email will be coming from, etc. That makes the whole sign-on process considerably easier for newbies.

Thanks for your patience!
0 Replies