ABUZZ-open invite to A2K

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 07:38 am
I refuse to return to Afuzz, left a long time ago, and have no guilt . . .
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:05 am
Setanta, you've changed your image, are you now mans best friend ?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:37 am
Y'know, I'm slightly (very slightly) amused by the whole thing in that it's such a bad impostering of me. I mean, the idjit doesn't even spell jespah backwards correctly!

Craven, many, many thanks for doing the link back thing. That should help to stop this nonsense. And if people think that's me, or aren't sure, well, why the heck don't they just send me an email???

My email has been openly posted on Abuzz for nearly 2 years. It's been listed in more than one place. I can't believe people will swallow what an imposter says - hook, line and sinker - and not take a few minutes to contact me and - here's a wild concept - ASK.

Sorry if this is a bit harsh but I'm sick of assumption on top of assumption. I still post on Abuzz. I don't post there much, but I'm not gone. Any visit to my featured interaction there will reveal that I post there pretty much every day.

And this site was never, ever intended to be a substitute for Abuzz (it's neither Abuzz Junior nor Abuzz II). Nope, never. Why are there a lot of Abuzzers here? It's because we're in the process of inviting our friends, and our circle of friends is fairly well dominated by Abuzzers. Did you also know that there are over 100 members here who were never Abuzzers? Out of fewer than 300 total members, that's an awfully high percentage, don't you think? And we're listed on Google. I fully expect - heck, I welcome! - non-Abuzzers will be coming here, and hopefully, like Craven has said, the idea that it's us or them will die down.

Sheesh. There are something like a billion sites on the Internet. Anyone here can (heck, you should) go to any one of those sites. No one here is stopping you. It's not disloyalty; it's curiosity. And it's freedom. Folks, if I may throw in a little unsolicited advice here - don't let anyone ever tell you that you can't go here, there or anywhere because it's somehow a show of disloyalty. That's no more a show of 'disloyalty' than eating a turkey sandwich one day or even for several days makes you disloyal to hamburger.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:39 am
But.. but.. Hamburger is wayyyyyyyyy better than Turkey! Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:41 am
Algis . . . arf, arf, woof?

Fishin' . . . a nice warm bun and a huge hunk of meat . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:43 am
I don't know. When I was a kid, my mother would not walk into Macy's with a Gimbel's bag! Laughing
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:44 am
Jespah, like you I really I dislike assumptions they will get you into trouble more often than not and create a barrier to true knowldege. My opinion is mine and you cannot know what I am thinking unless you ask me what I am thinking and I certainly do not know what anyone else is thinking unless they tell me.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:45 am
Setanta wrote:
Fishin' . . . a nice warm bun and a huge hunk of meat . . .

That could be taken several different ways ya know! lmao
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:45 am
(Responding to Joanne)

Yes, Boss, an' even then, the odds that they are either lying or self-deluded are awfully high . . . speaking of awfully high, has anyone seen BLatham . . . i mean, he was gonna recommend a . . . a . . . a greengrocer . . . yeah, that's it . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:47 am
That is a little tendencious, ain't it, hadn't thought of that . . .

http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/otn/realhappy/xxrotflmao.gif
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 11:31 am
Craven, this is a replacement for Abuzz to me.

The above is supposed to be a quote... but couldn't find the right button.

I had pretty much dropped off aBuzz as well... then I was invited here, and here I am. It's the social aspect here that dissapeared, well, dissapated, in all of the turd-word-storm.

Was just poking around (on company time! I could get fired for this!) in the member list. There was a 'member' here with the nom-de-net of 'temper'. NOT our friend Corrie, but almost certainly bobsal and/or one of his cronies/imposters/foes/who-can-tell-or-who-cares-what-the-difference-is.

I notice that that member is no longer. Censorship issn't always a bad thing, eh Craven? I've no doubt that that miscreant is the culprit for the posting on aBuzz.

For myself... there are some that might still come over from aBuzz that would be welcome. Others... well, I have no problems with the powers that be (Craven, Jespah etc) keeping this an exclusive club.

And if you ever find yourself in doubt, just repeat Idea Idea Idea

I think icon
I think icon
I think icon...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 11:34 am
Exclusive club ? ! ? ! ?

Oh jeeze, there won't be a dress code, will there?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 11:35 am
You can walk around nekkid, Setanta, long as ehBeth doesn't mind.

Oops, did I just say that?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 11:37 am
She don't mind, she just runs aroun' closin' all the drapes . . .

jespah wrote:
Oops, did I just say that?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 11:41 am
Gosh, I think Evil Jespah is posting....
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 11:56 am
I still drop into abuzz once in a blue moon, but It's just not my cup of tea anymore. This is my kind of place and I'm staying, ok! LOL. Well, that is if I don't get thrown out Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 11:57 am
I never would have found out about this site if it weren't for abuzz friends who emailed me an invitation. I don't have lots of time to spend on the web, looking for a forum to have civilized conversation with intelligent people. So I'm thankful to be here, because even though I was only on Abuzz for 8 months, I was disappointed by how it deteriorated. It's very different from Abuzz, so I can't say it's a replacement. But I certainly more drawn to spend my few moments online here, where there are still so many interesting ways to navigate that simply didn't exist on Abuzz. Thank you Craven, and Jespah, And phoenix and all the people who've made this a great place to be.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 12:00 pm
Able2Know is my substitute for Abuzz, also.
The regular meltdowns, plus the proliferation of loonies make Abuzz not serious anymore.
For a while, I found refuge in Raven's Realm, but there were too few discussions. I even entered a MSN Soccer chat (I just love to bug Italian and English footie fans).

Like many of you, the mentions of able2know in ABuzz made me weary, because of the bad vibes they would create.
Unlike Craven, I would like to see more Abuzzers get into this site. And at the same time, I would like to be secured that the gnats, imposters and intollerants will not get in here.

In that sense, surveillance is necessary. And the moderators have all my confidence.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 12:27 pm
fbaezer! Footie... my friend!!! I adore English and Italian AND Mexican soccer. I'd like others too, I'm sure, but getting to know a team when there is no television coverage is v. difficult. How was the MSN soccer chat?

I feel as Dream does, that this is a good substitute for an abuzz which has broken down. I got in on the tail end of abuzz last year -- I could see that it was both the best of internet worlds and the worst. The creeps just got nastier and nastier. I'm so glad that there is no invitation on abuzz and that it is blocked now. There are enough connections. I'd still like to contact Toussaint and a.d.rian, in particular, though. They were so interesting and nice. And I wish Vincent, chun chun and some others would come over, too.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 12:36 pm
Many (if not all) of those people have been invited, Piffka. Vincent joined but hasn't posted yet.
0 Replies