Why The Lady Diane is so adored by A2Kers?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 10:21 pm
We have 5000 things to argue about. Adored, well, sure.

I can't link back.
farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:34 am
@ossobuco,
I dont think shes adored as much as she is feared. She was a nun after all.
Two of the most feared symbols in our ociety are clowns and nuns.

I cross over if I see some nuns coming my way on the same side of the street
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:41 am
I told you Diane comes when I need her. About three years ago, I was sitting in my living room when I had a vertigo episode. I knew I could not stand up to get to my bed, so I called Diane to help me. She had the key to my house and when she arrived, she got me into a chair with wheels, and rolled me to my bed. She gave me my vertigo pills to swallow. Great! Everything was fine. Then I up-chucked all over my bed and on the carpet. My dear friend cleaned up everything and stayed with me until I was over the dizzy spell.

We laughed a lot. Diane said a friend wouldn't puke on another friend if she really loved her. Then I sent her home to tell Dys of her latest adventure.

Now, that's a true friend, don't you think?

BBB

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:43 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Eyup! I would only allow a dear friend to puke on me! Laughing

Well, I might make an exception for a stranger under the age of three.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:46 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix, I thought you were so kind that you would help a four year old. I'm so disappointed in you. Wink

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 11:00 am
Another time the Lady Diane came to my rescue. When I got a phone call that my son had been seriously injured on the job and was in the hospital. I called Diane, asking her if she could drive me to the hospital because I was shaking so badly I couldn't drive my car. She came to pick me up immediately and drove me to the hospital. She sat with me until my son was out of danger. Then, she drove me back home. That's the kind of friend you should have.

We can laugh now about how Diane got me to the hospital. She had to stop and get gas in the car. We left so suddenly, that neither of us knew the way to the hospital, so we made several stops to get directions. We drove around the parking garage trying to find a vacant space. She put her arms around my shoulders so I wouldn't fall as we headed to the emergency room.

Such a good friend I adore.

BBB
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 12:43 pm
and still she tolerates that Bob chap!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 02:10 pm
@margo,
I think it's the moccasins..
(I've no idea of Dys' moccasin source or I'd link a photo)
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 10:30 pm
BBB, that's what friends do for friends.

Diane

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 10:33 pm
This thread has me thinking of flattery, no matter how sincere and how often any of us has the experience. Most just go about living their lives and perhaps get a compliment, but seldom expressions of friendship or flattery.

I would be interested in how people have been complimented and if it has been a public affair of some sort.

But I'm too tired--maybe tomorrow.
Diane

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 10:37 pm
@farmerman,
And, farmerman, I have a windup nun which, when would up, hisses with little bits of electricity coming out of her mouth.

If you ever visit us in ABQ, wear body armor.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 10:53 pm
Recently, a fellow hiker who was relatively new to the group paid me a compliment. About 20 of us were packed into a look-out tower with views of Boston and the hills to the West and North. This young woman told me I had "the most beautiful eyes". Everyone stopped talking and looked at me. Eek!
Roberta

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 01:25 am
@Diane,
Diane wrote:

This thread has me thinking of flattery, no matter how sincere and how often any of us has the experience. Most just go about living their lives and perhaps get a compliment, but seldom expressions of friendship or flattery.

I would be interested in how people have been complimented and if it has been a public affair of some sort.

But I'm too tired--maybe tomorrow.

Not sure where you're going with this, Diane, but I'll give it a shot.

The PR person at the hospital I go to calls me a superstar. A bit of flattery. She has suggested me as a possible subject to people writing books and articles.

She also called me personally on a Sunday afternoon to get my advice on a couple of books she's writing.

I just keep rolling along croaking a song.

A certain Lady Diane called me sweet AGAIN! Not a compliment. I took it like a trooper. She's too far away for me to slug her.

Many years ago I was walking down the aisle at the office. A new assistant called out to me, "You know, you have a perfect profile." I didn't even know she was talking to me. Never saw my profile. Spent several days with mirrors trying to see it. I'm still mystified. Don't know why I remembered that, but I did.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 08:00 am
@Diane,
Diane, I've taken an oath to never get dizzy and up-chuck on you again.

I've made my son and daughter vow to never get hurt again and to stay healthy.

As for me, I've taken an oath to never fall down and go boom again---if I can avoid it.

I also promise to try to be a good friend to my friend.

BBB

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 08:06 am
@littlek,
Quote:
This young woman told me I had "the most beautiful eyes". Everyone stopped talking and looked at me. Eek!

Smile
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 09:18 am
@Diane,
Diane wrote:

Ms. Olga called me "wonderful" earlier today. In public! And I have to say it felt good. I'm not going to show an aw-shucks attitude about it that I'm not feeling. Neither am I going to show any false modesty: Ms. Olga's comment was very perceptive---as usual.
dyslexia

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 09:32 am
@Thomas,
I'm just wondering who I'm going to piss off today; the list of candidates grows longer by the minute.
Thomas

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 09:44 am
@dyslexia,
Aw. Are you having a bad day?
dyslexia

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 09:57 am
@Thomas,
not at all. it's a very good day but as usual I find myself often not responding to threads/posts because I know that expressing my actual thoughts on a topic will only result in pissing someone off. I'm thinking I'm reaching the upper limit of allowable pissing off.
Thomas

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:00 am
@dyslexia,
Yeah. So? Why don't you just piss off some more people and find out? Personally, if I write to a political thread and my post doesn't get at least one down-vote, I worry that I haven't stated my point clearly enough.