Fake Red Ferrari – I’ll Still Take It

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 12:32 pm
Fake Red Ferrari – I’ll Still Take It
by Lex / April 16th, 2010

Matthew Broderick’s infamous Ferrari from Ferris Bueller’s day off will be on auction soon. The auction house was hoping it would go for between $45,000 to $65,000. Thanks to Broderick’s confessions, though, they might not get their quota.

Not only did he confess that it was a fake Ferrari, but he also added that it was in poor condition. Apparently the souped up MG was souped up to resemble a 1961 Ferrari 250GT California Spyder. I believe Broderick’s choice words were a “kit” car. Upon reminiscing, he recalls having a hard time starting the car and even admits that will “bring the price down” since he called the car “unreliable.”

What less could we expect from Bueller, though? Luckily, when the car was just sitting in the garage it was a real Ferrari, apparently they just didn’t trust a young Broderick behind the wheel.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 645 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 01:02 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Good for Matthew Broderick for telling the truth about the car these unscrupulous quacks were trying to pawn off on some sucker. Isn't it illegal to sell an item while openly lying about it's provenance/authenticity?
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 01:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
Why do men love those powerful cars when there is rarely a road on which they can drive that fast?

BBB
0 Replies