What about "Monk"?

Roberta

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 06:06 am
I enjoyed the first season of Monk. It was a bit unexpected, well acted, and a smidge different. The second season was a disappointment. What happened? IMO, the writers/producers/whoevers started making a broad joke of Monk's obsessive compulsive disorder. It wasn't enough that he had the disorder? Now it has to be played up? I hope the third season, starting soon, returns to the tone of the first.

Anybody else watch this show?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,075 • Replies: 13
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 06:08 am
We watch it, but we are still on the first season. Dang, now I'm not looking forward to the second. Sad
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 06:10 am
Hey, Cav. What do I know. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way. Gee, it's possible I'm wrong. Nah.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 06:12 am
I can already extrapolate your feelings from your description. I hate it when television reduces a clever twist into an unclever, lame joke.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 06:46 am
Cav querido, you read my mind!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 07:06 am
I shoulda been a psychologist, but I liked cooking too much. My poor, aching Jewish mother....worrying about my income and all...Laughing
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:59 am
Hey, Roberta. I've seen two episodes of Monk and I love it. The last one I watched was the one with Willie Nelson. Old Willie didn't do a bad job either.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:15 am
So I guess hubby and I were lucky that we couldn't find the show and missed, it looks like, the entire second season. We both enjoyed the episodes we caught from the first season. There's something a little quirky about the show that makes it special.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:20 am
Darn -- I tried to watch a show from the second season and it didn't grab me at all.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 01:28 pm
Letty, The Willie Nelson episode was a good one--first season.

LW, Sorry you missed the first season. I think you might have liked the show.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 09:22 am
Well, Roberta. I watched the first episode of Monk for 1994. It was absolutely hilarious and the part with his psychologist had me laughing out loud, something that I haven't done in a while. It is sooooo different, and such a fresh approach.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 09:29 am
I loved the first season, but scheduling changes made me miss the second. I plan to tune in tonight just to see how it is now.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 12:27 pm
This season's first episode wasn't half bad. In fact it was more than half good. Letty, I also laughed out loud when Monk started singing. The difference seems to be that the focus is back on plot, not Monk's tics and nervous problems. They're still there, but they're not the whole show. I'm looking forward to next week.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 06:51 pm
I saw Monk the other night. I enjoyed it very much. He's sort of a variation of Columbo - But, where Columbo irritates the suspect deliberately, Monk does it inadvertantly.
0 Replies