Belief in God......

failures art

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 10:17 am
@john2054,
I can't see how that post was in anyway a reply to what I posted...

A
R
T
john2054

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 11:44 am
@failures art,
Hi failures, I'm actually holding three simulataneous discussions on this, a mental health and a martial arts website, around roughly the same topics. But on occassion I get my lines muddled and so i hope that helps to explain the discrepency. Does it?
0 Replies

john2054

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 01:55 pm
@failures art,
I suppose faith in God is something which you've got to feel from the heart. You either get it or you don't. Sure we can try and give as many possible hints for joining in the experience (such as going to friendly congregations and singing in them), but perhaps you are unwilling or unable to take this step. But either way, there is alot of depth and justification for good Christianity, much as there is good religion in general. Not withstanding the other points which I have made. Take care and don't take this as a personal attack becos that is not what it is supposed to be. Just a friendly discussion, that's all....
failures art

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 02:05 pm
@john2054,
john2054 wrote:

I suppose faith in God is something which you've got to feel from the heart.

or force yourself to believe because you're scared

john2054 wrote:

You either get it or you don't.

or you get that there isn't anything to get

john2054 wrote:

Sure we can try and give as many possible hints for joining in the experience (such as going to friendly congregations and singing in them), but perhaps you are unwilling or unable to take this step.

I've been there, done that. Nothing there.

john2054 wrote:

But either way, there is alot of depth and justification for good Christianity, much as there is good religion in general.

Really? So you'd be just as happy if you were in another religion? Tell me the good justification for believing in Greek mythology. That is a religion after all.

A
R
T
john2054

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 09:07 am
@failures art,
Hi Art, taking you up on your last point, after I read Nietzche's the birth of tragedy and Euripede's the Bacchae, I was all into Greek Mythology, particularly taking Dionysis' side in the war against Appollo, which in case you didn't already know was the war between theatre and fine art, or wine against sport. But now as my years steadily approach me my theological ideals have tempered, and I prefer to stick to my Christian roots. As inspired by gospel singing for example. (See sister Rossetta tharpe's Up above my head for a good example). And in so doing so I am content with what i have. Bye.
0 Replies