How do you know if you are spending too much time with a2k?

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 06:50 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

c.i., I'm so sorry to hear this.
My best wishes to both of you.

He's just pulling our legs, MsOlga Very Happy
ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 06:52 pm
@Intrepid,
Poor match, I think.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 08:13 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:
http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/184291b8ee86bc442d82d6f362ac5351?r=R&d=identicon&s=60

... when you know exactly who this is.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 08:22 pm
@Intrepid,
Phonetic I can handle; but OSD language is something else! Mr. Green
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 08:38 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
He's just pulling our legs, MsOlga Very Happy

He is, Jane?
By golly, I'll have his guts for garters, then!!! Sucked in! Evil or Very Mad Razz

(I'm very happy & relieved to hear that.
Seemed sort of unbelievable ... but after reading that thread about the surge in baby boomer divorces, I thought ... )
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 08:40 pm
I think a definite sign that one is spending too much time with A2K is when one's own posts start to look rather boring .... to one's self. Neutral
roger

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:12 pm
@msolga,
When your own rumor comes back and sounds plausible, it's time to ponder.
msolga

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:15 pm
@roger,
It is indeed time for some pondering, roger.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 07:23 am
You wanna ponder Roger...oh my!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 07:49 am
You know you are spending too much time with a2k when you consistently hit the back button instead of "Reply" after typing up a response because it's all been said over and over again...
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 07:55 am
You know you are spending too much time with a2k when you consistently hit reply instead of back after typing up a response, despite the fact that it's all been said before.
JPB

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 08:44 am
@Chumly,
that too
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 07:55 am
You know that you have been on A2K too long when you see a long thread that you haven't really kept up with. You want to write something, but have to look through the thread to make sure that you haven't said it already.

I recently had an experience where I got into a subject with which I seldom participate. I made some remarks, together with a quote. I was "scolded" for repeating something that had already been talked about months before.

Such is life! Rolling Eyes
MonaLeeza

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 06:07 pm
This is my first post here. Any advice?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 06:12 pm
@MonaLeeza,
Use a2k for entertainment and learning. Don't take issues too seriously, but give and take opinions that are reasonable with a seasoning of common sense.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 06:14 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Or even worse... there is a long-running thread (or it started a while ago and then was revived), you don't read back, and then you go ahead and say pretty much exactly the same thing you said three years ago (I recently did that on Chai's [?] thread about hearing aids... oops...)
ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 06:32 pm
@sozobe,
That works out, since few others look back either.

(I'm always glad when you post on hearing issues.)
Intrepid

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 06:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Am I the only one who goes back and reads everything in a thread that I haven't already read?

I find it a bit annoying when somebody comes into a thread late and doesn't bother to read anything further than the first post or the last post and starts replying like they have been there all along.

Yup, I think I spend too much time. I read a lot more than I post.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 06:38 pm
@Intrepid,
Actually, I do a lot - though not always, let's say most of the time - but, for example, I don't have it in me to reread the whole Obama thread.

I need to read the Climate Change thread (the main one). One of these sunny days..

Maybe I'll finish the book I'm reading on the History of Rome, the book with all the pink stripes by an apparent student, first. (I'm making progress, I'm on page 41, and the stripes end on page 80.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 06:43 pm
@Intrepid,
I usually do!

And it's sometimes very fun to come across things from myself that I've completely forgotten about. If that's the measure, I'm a very consistent person (whatever I said then tends to be very close to what I would say now).