A2K Avatars- What Messages Are They Sending?

colorbook

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 10:58 pm
I used to work in a large corporation where I dealt with the same people on the phone, everyday for years. When I finally met these people I couldn't believe it. People I thought fat were skinny, tall were short and visa versa. The guys with the really hot voices were not hot. I don't hear the voices of A2K people, I only try to picture what I think they might look like, and I'm sure my impression of them is wrong.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 11:30 pm
hey this looks like a fun topic
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 12:30 am
Diane, Mysterious? Moi? As for your nun gone bad--wouldn't you have to have been a nun in order to go bad. Never thought of you that way, kid.

Phoenix, I honestly never thought the panther meant anything--except that I like black panthers.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 03:00 am
Better still, if called by a panther,
Don't anther....
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 05:27 am
Rolling Eyes
I found this one after my 'candle for peace' seemed a little dim.

That's a spider up there above my keyboard. Spiders are industrious, logical and, when pressed into action for their survival, able to deliver a most potent bite. None of which describes me.

I keep trying to take a digital picture of me to use as an avatar, but they keep coming out as photos of a middle aged fat man about whom I have no knowledge.

Arrow Joe
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 05:31 am
Hey Joe! I'd love to see that middle-aged fat man even if you don't recognize him! I have a middle-aged, not-thin-enough woman who lurks near the mirror and leaps in front whenever I try to see myself, and then frowns. I NEVER frown.
Do you like my cherub? I like it because of the obvious boredom of posing for a Christmas card. I use it because I like it, didn't actually think of it as me!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 05:32 am
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BY THE WAY JOE
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 06:07 am
Just thought I'd have a real picture of myself, enjoying life and toasting all you a2k'er friends!

It was a good night of fine wine in France - happy memories!

I wanted to be as much "myself" as possible - which seems to have made sense to those who commented when I first used it.

KP
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 06:12 am
Quote:
I wanted to be as much "myself" as possible - which seems to have made sense to those who commented when I first used it.

What I see, is an open, friendly human being, who is a lot of fun. You look like a person whom I would like to know!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 07:00 am
I am, ofocurse, an Indian prince, royal, sauve, spoilt, a bit haughty, a bit naughty - but without a harem.

And I expect to be treated as such.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 09:46 am
How does one treat someone lacking a harem?
With pity?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 09:54 am
Yes. With oodles of pity !
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 09:55 am
Ceili wrote:
How does one treat someone lacking a harem?
With pity?

I find that a healthy combination of 90% pity and 10% disdain usually works.

Imagine lacking such a thing! Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:03 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
I couldn't think of anything clever, so I chose my high school graduation picture.......

Bi- You mean that your mother let you out of the house without shaving? Laughing

By the time I got to high school my mom was well out of the picture and I did as I pleased......besides that I needed a fierce look to cover my pathologically low self esteem....I've stuck with it ever since :wink:
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:11 am
You could knock me over with a feather.
<<<<THUD>>>>>
What the hell happened to the bear.
I almost didn't recognize you.
You look almost pathologically normal............festive?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:13 am
Look close and you will see a cub in the womans arms.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:14 am
I remember a friend (can't quite remember who) sending me this piccie as a joke and when I opened it I nearly wet my pants I was laughing so hard. After I picked myself up off the floor, I saved it and finally got to use it - here. I never figured it as a representation of me until I thought about it and yeah it is me.

I am not pretty but I am adorable.
I can be sharp and rip you a new a-hole with my wicked beak but at the same time my fluffy bed-head emphasises I am a mushy git.
I am not like every other bird but sometimes I do need to be part of a flock.
My beady eyes see everything but I can stick my head in the sand when I want to.

I find laughter and humor a most vital part of my personality without which I couldn't imagine what life would be like.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:20 am
So it is, a wee bear in swaddling clothes.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:22 am
Or a bear wee-weeing on swaddling clothes.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:32 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:

What I see, is an open, friendly human being, who is a lot of fun. You look like a person whom I would like to know!

Phoenix, you made me blush!!! Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:30:41