A2K Avatars- What Messages Are They Sending?

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:51 am
I found shoehorns in my shoes today. Does that count?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:52 am
They are made from cedar, and smell quite nice.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:55 am
Were the shoehorns in the shoes when you went to bed?
Then they don't count.
If St. Nikolas brought them overnight ...
0 Replies

PatriUgg

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:57 am
Sometimes people see what they *want* to see.

Blast, now I'll have to change my avatar to show a different angle, before some clown begins to understand the true meaning of nothing . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 08:06 am
I chose my avatar because I have always favored John Steed of the Avengers and wanted something that looked like him.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 08:11 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
cavfancier wrote:
I would guess Mussolini there drom, regarding Italy.
Laughing That's very true...

As for Dlowan's, well I think it's saying; 'I'm amiable, until you get on my bad side: come on, who'll mess with a big white smoking rabbit.'

As for Frank, I always thought of the avatar: 'slightly deranged wise man.'

Slightly????

I see I gotta work a bit harder! :wink: :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 08:12 am
LOL, dys!
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 08:24 am
For some reason dlowan's rabbit reminds me of the rabbit creature in the movie Donnie Darko, Frank the rabitt.

I usually just choose something artsy.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 08:28 am
dròm_et_rêve- To me, your avatar looked like a sandy cliff, ending into a abyss. Actually, I perceive it as very peaceful, with the rounded edges, but there is a dark side.

dlowan- When I see your avatar, I think of "the iron fist in the velvet glove", which I think is what you were attempting to project!

dys- John Steed looked like that??? My memory must be slipping! Laughing

frank- I agree with dròm_et_rêve- Using your name, together with a picture of you with no clothing, sends a "What you see is what you get", message. Your expression is very wry, which I think is consonant with your personality.

Me? I like eyes. Eyes are the first thing that I notice in a person. When I picked this avatar, I though it was projected a bit more sensuality than I wanted, but now I would not think of changing it.

ehBeth- I think that you know that the one that you had with the animal with the flowers on its head was my absolute favorite in the whole forum. It was warm, friendly, with a nice touch of humor.

cav- I see a sense of humor, with a twist!

Eva- I see a very beautiful, sensitive image, that is really timeless.

PatriUgg- As a newbie, you may not feel comfortable enough to show any more of yourself. Don't worry, this crowd will open you up! Laughing

Edgarblythe- Laughing
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 08:28 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
cavfancier wrote:
I would guess Mussolini there drom, regarding Italy.
Laughing That's very true...

As for Dlowan's, well I think it's saying; 'I'm amiable, until you get on my bad side: come on, who'll mess with a big white smoking rabbit.'

As for Frank, I always thought of the avatar: 'slightly deranged wise man.'

Slightly????

I see I gotta work a bit harder! :wink: :wink:

Laughing Good luck! (You'll get there.)
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 08:50 am
Phoenix... Always wondered why you don't have a burning bird avatar... Is the greenish caste a side-effect of chemo? (Bad Seal! Bad! So unfunny no one should speak to you for several days!)

Anyway... I've been thinking of changing my avatar... perhaps I shall.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 09:00 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
dròm_et_rêve- To me, your avatar looked like a sandy cliff, ending into a abyss. Actually, I perceive it as very peaceful, with the rounded edges, but there is a dark side.

dlowan- When I see your avatar, I think of "the iron fist in the velvet glove", which I think is what you were attempting to project!

dys- John Steed looked like that??? My memory must be slipping! Laughing

frank- I agree with dròm_et_rêve- Using your name, together with a picture of you with no clothing, sends a "What you see is what you get", message. Your expression is very wry, which I think is consonant with your personality.

Me? I like eyes. Eyes are the first thing that I notice in a person. When I picked this avatar, I though it was projected a bit more sensuality than I wanted, but now I would not think of changing it.

ehBeth- I think that you know that the one that you had with the animal with the flowers on its head was my absolute favorite in the whole forum. It was warm, friendly, with a nice touch of humor.

cav- I see a sense of humor, with a twist!

Eva- I see a very beautiful, sensitive image, that is really timeless.

PatriUgg- As a newbie, you may not feel comfortable enough to show any more of yourself. Don't worry, this crowd will open you up! Laughing

Edgarblythe- Laughing

I agree with you on all of this. As for your avatar, I usually think 'open' and 'warm'; eyes being the keys to the soul, you don't hold back on your personality, but let it shine.

Yes, it was a sandy cliff- taken from the flats- ending in an abyss... I guess that it's showing that I have many sides. As for it being a corset/ bikini bottom, each to his/her own interpretations! Laughing

What's wrong with green make-up? That's a sick joke!

*Starts the Green Make-Up advocators versus Chemotherapy jokes foundation*
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 10:12 am
When I first joined - I chose my smiling wedding pic because I'm still in 'goofy newlywed stage' mentally.

I changed to the kissing teddybears because I believe in romance and in all things 'cute' and 'fun' ALSO my daughters and I are big-time eskimo kiss sharers. Eventually...the avatar will change to reflect some other part of my personality (maybe the snappy sarcastic part that shows up sometimes)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 10:21 am
Quote:
Phoenix... Always wondered why you don't have a burning bird avatar... Is the greenish caste a side-effect of chemo?

Seal Poet- I had looked at some burning bird avatars, but they weren't ME. Much too harsh for my taste.

The only thing that the chemo did to me was accellerate my chronic case of C.R.S.! Laughing

BTW, I LOVE your avatar. You look so playful and friendly!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 12:09 pm
Oh, I would miss sealpoet's avatar, I've always enjoyed it...

First I was a cherub from a2k's avatar collection, and next the dog, my dog, that I've had as avatar for quite a while now. These avatars are different in personality and not really very reflective of me, no angel, nor a dog. My dog has a calmer affect in that picture where he seems to be typing... than in real life, where he is often observed to be barking. He looks very thoughtful in the picture, in contrast to myself, who often looks a little confused and bemused at the same time. Still, I just like seeing him there by my posts.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 12:18 pm
I've never contemplated the message my avatar is sending. But I suppose it's saying I'm watching you.
All of you. I'm like big brother and you can't slip anything by me.
I guess, I figure with half my picture there, I portray some sort of truth, I can't look you in the face and lie.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 12:31 pm
Pacco is such a personable little dog.

I love 1930's - 40's dames, feminine but tough and smart. When I was looking for avatars early on I had a hard time finding one that fit all the different interactions I have here -- political/ debate ones where I want to be taken seriously, relationship advice, parenting advice, pure silliness. Rosie seemed to encompass all of that -- a certain "Just TRY to mess with me" aspect while not being too forbidding.

I like your eskimo-kiss teddies, onyxelle. Seems very you.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 12:40 pm
Well, mine's a picture of me. Yes, I'm a Boston terrier, wearin' naught but a stylin' purple collar. 'Course, it's freezing here today so perhaps I'll see if I can get a matching sweater.

-- Truth: this isn't even my dog. But, my alma mater, Boston University is - the terriers. And I like Boston terriers. I've also been a border collie, a picture of a painting in my home, and a tiger lily my Dad scanned this summer. I have grown attached to the purple collar-wearing pooch, though; I probably won't change her for a while.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 12:41 pm
My avatar chose me. You'll have to ask the rat why.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 01:26 pm
I changed to the Possum-cat, after the evil Craven put peanut-butter toast on my previous cat avatar, to make a perpetual motion machine. Ain't no-one gunna mess with this Poss-Cat (including me - I'm a slow learner - and I have the scars to prove it!)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 02:34:21