A2K Avatars- What Messages Are They Sending?

dlowan

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 02:25 pm
I'LL mess with poss cat, Margo!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 02:49 pm
There's been some discussion on this thread concerning the identity of this avatar....
http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/14694113603fcf45ce15fa1.jpg

I see several things. Let me run them by you:

!.) A great white shark hurling itself from the ocean's depth to clamp down on the ass of Fat Albert

2.) (turning your head to the left) The view from a cave near Mount Vesuvius, moments before eruption

3.) (turning your head to the right) A small, inquisitive black dog, silhouetted by a snow bank, with the slate -gray November skies causing the viewer to feel sympathetic toward the dog. Lost perhaps? Cold?

4,) (standing on your head and looking at the image) A festive carnival. Jugglers and merchants, lions and tigers, activity everywhere... explosions of color. But that might be caused from the blood running to my head. Next time I'll just turn the monitor over.

For now I don't see anything else because I've got this pounding headache from standing on my head and looking at that stupid avatar for so long, trying to see something, anything, until finally the carnival came into view.

Oh, and about my avatar. I'm just trying to project kindness and hope for the fellow A2Ker's. Simple as that.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 03:22 pm
LOL Gus!

Mine is the way I see myself.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 04:17 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
There's been some discussion on this thread concerning the identity of this avatar....
http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/14694113603fcf45ce15fa1.jpg

I see several things. Let me run them by you:

!.) A great white shark hurling itself from the ocean's depth to clamp down on the ass of Fat Albert

2.) (turning your head to the left) The view from a cave near Mount Vesuvius, moments before eruption

3.) (turning your head to the right) A small, inquisitive black dog, silhouetted by a snow bank, with the slate -gray November skies causing the viewer to feel sympathetic toward the dog. Lost perhaps? Cold?

4,) (standing on your head and looking at the image) A festive carnival. Jugglers and merchants, lions and tigers, activity everywhere... explosions of color. But that might be caused from the blood running to my head. Next time I'll just turn the monitor over.

For now I don't see anything else because I've got this pounding headache from standing on my head and looking at that stupid avatar for so long, trying to see something, anything, until finally the carnival came into view.

Oh, and about my avatar. I'm just trying to project kindness and hope for the fellow A2Ker's. Simple as that.

Laughing Laughing :lol:My avatar and I feel honoured to have been put under such scrutiny (allowing for wonderful poeticism Smile) by everyone here. As for its multiple meanings, perhaps I'm a multifaceted character; on the other side of the coin, it might mean that I'm a complete nutcase, changing identity every day, eventually aiming to abduct everyone on A2K for my own amusement.

Whoops... did I let that slip? Hmm... *looks for diversion* A man walked into a vet's office with his dying budgie... Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 05:05 pm
...and asked "Can you save me bird?"

The veterinarian says "I haven't seen your wife in ages, and I'm an animal doctor, not a witch doctor!"
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 05:06 pm
cavfancier wrote:
...and asked "Can you save me bird?"

The veterinarian says "I haven't seen your wife in ages, and I'm an animal doctor, not a witch doctor!"

*comedic drumroll* Laughing

(Thanks cav, you saved the operation!)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 05:08 pm
Thought you'd appreciate that one. Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 05:45 pm
... back to the avatars ... Mine looks EXACTLY like me. Dunno why the whiskers were omitted, but ...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 05:46 pm
does this mean I don't look like John Steed?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 05:49 pm
If you change it SealPoet, I really liked the line drawing of the little seal on a white background.
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 05:57 pm
Um...mine says that I don't like to sit still? LOL...

When I saw it, I just *had* to use it... Laughing

L
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:20 pm
Dys seemed confused and hurt when he asked....

Quote:
does this mean I don't look like John Steed?

Completely untrue. I remember the first time I saw your avatar I opened my window and screamed to the neighbors. "Hey everybody! The guy from The Avengers is on the computer!

Everyone came running. They all were in awe. There he was, bigger than life.... John Steed

I still remember that day clearly.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:33 pm
and did they think the '50 chev pickup I was driving was a Bentley?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:35 pm
yes. I was there....in spirit.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:52 pm
The nun gone bad is reflective of major changes in my life--all for the better!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 08:51 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
...on the other side of the coin, it might mean that I'm a complete nutcase, changing identity every day, eventually aiming to abduct everyone on A2K for my own amusement. ...

Would this involve us all living in some large pit? 'Cause the humidity is very bad for my hair and if we're all going into the pit, I want dibs on a climate-controlled one.

Thanks in advance.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 08:59 pm
Pits are the pits.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 04:12 am
jespah wrote:
Would this involve us all living in some large pit? 'Cause the humidity is very bad for my hair and if we're all going into the pit, I want dibs on a climate-controlled one.

Thanks in advance.

Laughing I was thinking more along the lines of a big house on a little island near Nova Scotia, but the pits idea would be more cost-effective.

Either way, I will make sure that you get a climate-controlled one, as we don't want your hair to be ruined.

Do you have any other requests?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 04:33 am
Beter stay out of the pits today. It's snowing like crazy and the wind is trying to blow me down.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 04:50 am
Montana wrote:
Beter stay out of the pits today. It's snowing like crazy and the wind is trying to blow me down.

Oh no... is the storm still brewing? Do you have to go out in it?

My pits are in the sun belt! Very Happy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 11:11:57