0.152ppm Manganese.
0.052ppm Iron.
58ppm Chloride.
23ppm Sodium.
7.13 pH.
Less than 1ppm Nitrate.
No bacteria.
Flow rate maybe 4 or 5 gpm.
Thinking of a Fleck 5600SXT 48K. Possibly a 7000.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,529 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Andy CWS

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:03 pm
@Lloyd Alias Free,
Your water is hardly what I would call challenging. In reality, you need neiother a turbulator (recommended for high iron). Fine mesh resin will give a slightly more efficency but since your hardness is only around 13 grains per gallon, that resin is not necessary, either.

Either valve is a fine product and others here may prefer one or the other.

Are you sure you ave 23 ppm sodium? Recommended maximum for drinking water is 20 ppm. I would recommend an RO for all consummable water.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
Lloyd Alias Free

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 07:18 am
@Andy CWS,
Thanks for your reply, Andy.

The test results show 23mg/l of sodium. That equals 23ppm, I think. It also lists 250mg/l of sodium (and chloride) as the acceptable limit. Is this incorrect? The house had a softener, but it is off and bypasses. Maybe some sodium remains in the copper pipes? The results also claim 0.152ppm of Manganese is 3X the limit. I asked about the turbulator or fine mesh for this, as well as the fact that it's well water. I had heard that Manganese is alleviated the same way as Iron.

We mostly drink bottled water (or beer!), but RO for the kitchen sink sounds like a good idea.

Thanks again,

"Lloyd"
0 Replies