the four maries

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 11:57 pm
l have a chromo litho titled the three maries mary carmichael/mary seaton/ mary of scots/ mary beaton.these are the three on this colour print it is a garden setting one is sitting down on lounge et one is playing musical instrument sitting on the grass the other two ladies are chatting together along side the lounge et i would like to know more about this print l brought this print in frame covered with glass many years ago. l would love more in fo linda jacobson
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,138 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 12:11 am
@buell1999,
I thought it was "mary carmichael, mary seaton, and mary beaton, and me", but that comes from the Child Ballads. Can't help with the litho.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 02:22 am
When my sister was a kid in England she used to read a comic called "Bunty" which had a long running strip about four girls at a boarding school who were all called Mary. It was called "The Four Marys". I am not sure if the plural of "Mary" is "Marys" everywhere but it certainly is in UK English.

roger

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 08:23 am
@contrex,
Now, that is a question that never crossed my mind.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 08:40 am
Here they are:

Mary Cotter, Mary Field, Mary Radleigh and Mary Simpson.

http://www.ica.org.uk/thumbnail.php?id=2998&max=450
0 Replies