Will the sky be falling on Tuesday Aug. 2nd, 2010?

farmerman

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 03:39 pm
@farmerman,
I as out on Long Island last 3 day nd I tried goingdown to the shore line SE of Islandia. It was so fuckin hot that the sky ws rippling and I couldnt see any auroras.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 08:15 pm
@farmerman,
You didn't chance run across any trust fund baby-zombies headed out to the Hamptons Farmerman?
farmerman

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 08:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
only two or three, but, like any good zombie, they were searching for brains to gustate
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 10:42 pm
@farmerman,
Wow, Farmer. This has been quite a day for you. Sleep well tonight.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 10:42 pm
@farmerman,
Wow, Farmer. This has been quite a day for you. Sleep well tonight.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 10:50 pm
@JLNobody,
and may he and she have a meal to tell us all about..
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 06:32 pm
Quote:
Could a solar storm send us back to the Stone Age?
In 1859, a powerful solar storm burned telegraph wires all across Europe and America and electrified the skies. As the sun awakens from a period of dormancy, it's worth remembering that a storm of that magnitude today could bring modernity to a sudden halt.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/Cool-Astronomy/2010/0809/Could-a-solar-storm-send-us-back-to-the-Stone-Age
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 09:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
Maybe we shoud put up mirrors ?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 03:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Or solar panels up in space. Store all that energy up for a potential future moon colony or something along those lines.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:05 pm
Hello ?? Its been a while....can I stop playing dead now ?
roger

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:21 pm
@Ionus,
I guess I better answer that so you don't think you're the last person left alive. Been a rocky month though, hasn't it?
Ionus

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 08:57 pm
@roger,
I note it is the USA turn to have a hung Parliament. Britain did it, Oz did it...your turn.
roger

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:24 pm
@Ionus,
A hung Parliament? Fantastic idea! At best, all we ever do is vote the bums out of Congress.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 03:48 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Whereas I am not going to bet you can even use a dictionary. You, **** and arseholes...ever wonder why I call you Gomer the Turd ?
No youre doing fine, just keep holding yer breath acouple more days.

Looks like we dodged another " anticipated bullet of high expectations". We seem to elevate all kind of punditry to a level of priesthood. When they are always wromg, we dont seem t5o ask ofr any accounatbility/ Im still looking for the guy who started the entire Y2K crap.
Ionus

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:18 pm
@farmerman,
Dont be petulent. Do you know why they have a thread rather than a cluster-**** of postings ? It is so clowns like you cant confuse everything but you seem to have outwitted them and confused threads anyway. Stick to the topic clown.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:22 pm
@farmerman,
Oh, that was me. I had a garage full of survival rations that were nearing their expiration date, and, you know. . . .
Ionus

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 05:49 am
@roger,
Quote:
I had a garage full of survival rations
I had a whole stack of uneaten army rations that I took fishing. I went to the wharf and traded them for fresh prawns (insert shrimp for USA audience)...the fishermen love them because they might have a need for them one day.
roger

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 01:30 pm
@Ionus,
You traded food for bait? I'm not that generous, but good for you.
Ionus

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 10:21 pm
@roger,
It was a win-win. They got survival rations of first class quality and I got fresh sea food dinner. I actually had it written on my personnel file docs (as a joke) not to be issued more than one ration pack at a time. We were out on a nature hike/camping trip in the middle of a very large forest and it was discovered the boss hadnt ordered enough rations. Those of us who had already been issued 3 days worth of ration packs were told not to eat them until it was clear more rations would be arriving in time for those who were only issued two. In sheer panic at having to share, I ate 3 ration packs in one day. Anyone who has eaten ration packs would think that is impossible. I could barely walk, but at least I didnt have to share.
roger

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 10:34 pm
@Ionus,
Of course, the stockpile of rations was my explanation for planting the y2k rumors. Hope it didn't inconvenience anyone, but I had to sort of develop a market.