Where Could i get good storage baskets/Boxes. Anyone have tips on Tidying?

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 11:14 pm
Anywhere i can buy storage boxes or tips on tidying...?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,139 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 03:48 am
@christina smith,
I found a couple of sturdy milk cartons at a local thrift store. Naturally, they won't keep the contents clean, but they sure are sturdy.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 05:34 am
@christina smith,
Cardboard moving boxes are usually sold at storage places. Plastic storage boxes are available at Lowes and Home Depot, but can also be found at Kmarts and Wal Marts.

As for tips, there are several very inexpensive things you can do to organize. In the garage, consider putting up peg board on one wall. I put up two 4x8 sheets. All you have to do it screw them into the studs and put a couple of nuts between them and the wall so that you have some clearance. You can hang just about anything off of them from small tools to rakes and shovels. If you have an attic space you want to clean up, you can get decent metal shelving at your local hardware store. That helps you get all that stuff off the floor and gives you more room to get around.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 03:42 pm
@christina smith,
In my garage. Hah, but I'm keeping them for myself.

Places like UHaul have many sizes of cardboard packing boxes and lots of kinds of tape. I consider that expensive, which is why I folded up my moving boxes and keep them, since I have room to do that.

Places like Target, and I suppose WalMart, have myriads of plastic storage boxes.
I've kept most of those too.

Roger is right, some "milk boxes" are fairly sturdy.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 03:51 pm
Are you looking to store nice things you need to get to quick, or stuff to put away somewhere? Plastic boxes are perfect for placing stuff under the bed or above closets. Also, those woven baskets (found in all those stores) are attractive for placing under end tables, sofa tables, in bathrooms, etc. and they look nice on bookshelves. Target, Walmart, Ikea is good too.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 04:05 pm
@Pemerson,
I happen to love baskets, and have more than I need, so they are clumped above my kitchen. Most of them were from thrift stores in California. So far, I haven't seen baskets in thrifts here in New Mexico.

Pemerson

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 04:25 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, they aren't exactly baskets, but squared off with slits to carry them, or pull them out much like a drawer. They are woven but can also be canvas, and are heavily enforced. I have one under my hall table for hats, caps, gloves, leashes, etc. They come in all sizes, small to about two feet long.
What are they?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 09:39 am
@christina smith,
I show alot of these storage bins in Job lot or Odd lot - one of those junky type stores that sell stuff cheap.
0 Replies