The Official a2k Earth Shattering Gripes Committee thread!

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 05:00 am
Air out your gripes on whatever happened to you throughout your day and that you want fate to rectify! In only loving support of others in our a2k community can we seize the day and build a brand new utopia for all to live in!

I'll start!:
I'm eating my morning cereal without milk! Damn you milk gremlins for making me forget I ran out of milk yesterday morning!!!

I know we are a community dear a2k but don't start a violent global riot over on my account! We need to get that dairy godmother for not replenishing our supply of milk but we need to use the peaceful route of satyagraha (nonviolent protest) to solve our dairy related grievances!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,201 • Replies: 19
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 05:06 am
My big gripe is the number of policitcal signs stuck in every corner of our community. They are ugly and distracting. And about half will never be picked up. There oughta be a law . . .
BillRM

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 06:39 am
@PUNKEY,
Add to that having phone calls from one politician or another ringing your phone three or four times a day.
Mame

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 06:44 am
My big gripe today is the generator isn't working so the water heater isn't working so I had a cold friggin shower and I am frozen from head to toe. What i wouldn't give for a hot shower or just to be warm!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 07:30 am
My gripe - it is jeans Friday and my good jeans are still in the wash - I had to wear my older, skinny jeans.

Life s*cks.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 07:30 am
@BillRM,
Ditto the political junk mail that I immediately throw in the trash without even looking at it.

I am on the ""do not call", "do not write" lists, so I don't get a lot of junk mail. Years ago, before I was on the list, Mr. P. tried an experiment. At the beginning of the year, he took a small carton, and put all the charitable solicitations in the carton. By the end of the year, the carton was filled to bursting. What I found fascinating, was that some charities sent over a dozen mailings.

We have our favorite charities, and no amount of solicitations will cause us to give to any charity that we were not planning to give to anyway.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 08:47 am
@tsarstepan,
I get riled at the crap that is spewed by the Media, the cable so-called news stations.

BBB
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 12:52 pm
Will the construction on my block never end?!? It's been like 7-8 years pretty much non-stop. First one condo, then the Swiss Consulate, then the new library and underground parking garage, then another condo, then the streets, then the second floor of the Swiss Consulate, and then another condo, then the sidewalks, triple-decker condos, then the streets again (post-sidewalk redesign). All the while Nstar electric swings by every year to redo wiring and take up parking spaces.

I know I live in a city, but come on!
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 01:30 pm
@littlek,
I don't blame you for being pissed at the racket. Did you know all of this construction was planned when you bought your home?

BBB
littlek

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 05:13 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I don't own - I rent. I didn't know.

I forgot to add the construction on the high school which is on-going.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 05:26 pm
My computer goes off without warning. It takes multiple starts to get it on long enough to do anything. I was concerned with the start on front, but a poster on a website insists it is the power box in the back. So, I took an old tower apart and saw what he was describing. It would not be hard to change out, after I bought one. I don't want to try the used one, because I want to get it right the first time.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 05:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
a hammer and some duct tape ought to do the trick.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 05:40 pm
There's no one to blame but me, me, or me. I could just fire me outright, you know.

I knew it was a stretch to dig out the big plastic container on the top of my refrigerator that I use to let dough rise in, out from behind the stack of ceramic bowls, bottles of mineral water, cans of Jumex* pineapple coconut or banana strawberry nectar, a bottle of sauvignon blanc, some more ceramic bowls with a tempting bag of tortilla chips in the top bowl....

I almost got the container through the available space, but then the sauvignon blanc flew to the tile floor and crashed with a big bang into glass shards of different fetching shapes, coating the entire kitchen area with 1/2 gallon of cheapo white wine.

Well, hey, maybe it killed some floor bacteria as I was getting the whole mess cleaned up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumex

To top it off, I let the no knead dough sit too long in too warm a room, and tossed the dough too.

That was yesterday and today. Tomorrow will be better.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 06:18 pm
Dys, you forgot WD40!

Osso.... I temp fate like that all the time. Usually it works out ok! Once in a while it is a catastrophe.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 06:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
Running out of milk in the morning is no problem comparing to running out of soft cat foods.

When my head cat wake me up around 6 AM by slowly pressing her front claws into the side of my face I better wake up and open a can for the pride.

If I go downstairs and I am out of can food then I need to open a can of tuner fish or run out to 7/11 no matter what the weather happen to be for at least one can of overprice cat food.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 05:26 am
One thing that bugs me is the one hit wonders who post here and never re-enter the conversation.

They drop these explosive questions, e.g. "My boyfriend beats me. Should we have a baby or build a house?"

Several people answer and the OP never enters the conversation again.

Sometimes I think these questions are "plants"

dadpad

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 07:59 am
@PUNKEY,
I was always of the opinion that these peole were not able to find their way back again Punkey.
They forgot to bookmark the site or cant remember the passwrod they used or cant find the thread again.
littlek

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 09:08 am
@dadpad,
Or, they plastered a dozen social networking sites with the same commentary/question and can't even recall where they did that.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 09:09 am
@littlek,
That seems to be the trend these days. <<<sigh>>>
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:45 am
May be also, that when getting just the answer they want is not instantaneous, they give up and leave.
0 Replies