Is this true or a hoax? Texans, what do you know about this?

djjd62

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 03:17 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:
The goal is to get Americans to see people with brown skin as the enemy.

wait, what Shocked

you mean they're not

is this some kind of hoax Confused
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 04:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

This would be one of those front page stories, with TV stations breaking in endlessly with "updates." Hawgwarsh.

The source of the information has been identified as the Minutemen organization of San Diego, California. Minutemen organizations are noted for their highly sophisticated covert intelligence operations. Surely we can rely on them to break through the massive government and media conspiracy to keep this quiet.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 04:22 pm
@wandeljw,
They're such goobers.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 04:41 pm
So basically, you're all saying you have no idea. Hmmm... ****, thought this was A2K.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 04:46 pm
@Mame,
well, you didn't ask about homosexuals swimming in public pools, we could answer that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 05:57 pm
@Mame,
Zetas are real (from my reading, New Yorker, link mentioned sometime earlier) but it looks like they've got some odd promotion going on.

Think of it, two (or more) groups using fear in some kind of weird conjunction.

That's William Finnegan, Letter from Mexico, NYer, May 31, 2010.

(Zetas aren't hogwash, but this story is.)
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 06:07 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

So basically, you're all saying you have no idea. Hmmm... ****, thought this was A2K.

Most of us are saying that we are HIGHLY skeptical. Edgarblythe lives in Texas and called the story hogwash.

Are you asking us to prove a negative?
Mame

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 06:38 pm
@wandeljw,
No, wandel, on another board this guy is trumpeting about that this is a conspiracy - that the media are being told to keep quiet, that there is proof that it happened... well, this is what he's saying:

"What if I were to share that an OLD friend of mine's parents live in Laredo and have for 40 years? What if I were to tell you that I got an email from this friend stating how saddned and shocked the poor people in Laredo are that this is not being ''believed''???

What if I were to tell you that sources at Tv News IN LAREDO (where threats of assasination are common for speaking out against The Mexican Nationals are commone) are reporting that this happened???

What if I told you that one of these Tv stations in Laredo was CBS/13?

What if I were to tell you that the ownership conglomerate for this station is DECIDEDLY Conervative/Republican (you know, the folks who DONT want this reported - and I AM a conservative and Im still willing to speak this Truth)??

What if I were to tell you that newspapers not only in Laredo but in Juarez and Guadalahara (these cities are in this situation together) are reporting this situation as FACT???

Like ''The Laredo Morning Times.''???

What if I were to tell you that this action of property being overrun and seized by soldiers in The Mexican Drug Cartel's Privately-Funded Army is NOT a first but only being viewed more skeptically this time because of the word ''Ranch''????

That homes and business and warehouses in these cities have being seized for years by these soldiers?

What if I were to tell you that for YEARS now in these Border Towns, in this Border War, these cities, in these states, (Arizona and Texas and California and New Mexico) have had - on The AMERICAN Side) a great influx of Property-Seizings, Prostitution Rings, Human Slave Rings, Drug Transits and Arms Smuggling???

What if, when you ask ''Then why is the media in the REST of the country not ALL OVER this?'' I were to shake my head at you in disbelief that you could really ask such a thing.

An understanding of 9/11, Political Journalism and the nature of a ''Cover Up'' and the term ''Squeezing/Suppressing The Media'' is neccesary.

What if I were to tell you that?

What if I were to tell you that it is a logical fallacy to make the statement '' I don't ''believe'' this happened'' is like saying ''I don't believe the sun came out yesterday'' ???

These are facts. They are not open to debate. They HAPPENED.

What if I were to tell you that clearly, and inarguably, stating a skepticism over this story is the EXACT same as not believing that a plane crashed into the pentagon on 9/11?

Folks, not ''believeing'' this story is the same as those loons who say they don't believe we ever walked on the moon - or that they don't believe The Holocaust actually happened.

The exact same.

All that is needed for these atrocities to continue is for everyone to keep burying their head in the sand, keep doubting, keep disbelieving..."

Okay, so he sounds like a wingnut Smile but then someone else posted this:

http://www.newpatriotjournal.com/Articles/Confirmation_of_authorities_on_scene

So... I still don't know, wandel.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 06:49 pm
http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/003441.html
I followed several links off Laredo news sources to this:
wandeljw

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 06:51 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
Okay, so he sounds like a wingnut Smile but then someone else posted this:

http://www.newpatriotjournal.com/Articles/Confirmation_of_authorities_on_scene

Why does that last post worry you? THAT website has not updated their report since July 25. Conservative websites posted the story on July 24 and July 25. Today is July 29. If the July 24 and July 25 blogosphere postings were true, we would have heard reports outside the blogosphere.

What if I were to tell that guy that Richard Gere has never confirmed or denied that gerbil-stuffing story and that Jamie Lee Curtis has never confirmed or denied the stories that she is a hermaphrodite?
wandeljw

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 06:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
The story on diggersrealm.com has not been updated since July 26. I am still waiting for Katie Couric to mention this story.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:01 pm
@wandeljw,
They could not keep a story like this down. We would know by now if there were any truths involved.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:03 pm
@wandeljw,
No, no, the last post doesn't worry me, and yes, I see it's not uptodate. Just saying that I find this whole situation weird. And don't play the What If game like that lunatic, and I think he IS a bit of a lunatic. That was not his first post on the subject. Earlier he'd raised patriotism, call your Senator, get out and protest, etc etc etc... I just want to know if this is true, a hoax, a conspiracy theory, a plot, plausible, what?

Gonna check out Edgar's links now.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
So what do you make of it?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:12 pm
It may be some of them passed by the ranches and frightened some people out. I don't see any reason to think they holed up there. What would be the point? They are out to kill others, in the pursuit of drug riches, not to get killed, as they surely would be, were the story true. They would know that the US law agencies would not tolerate an invasion and they would come in shooting if necessary.
Mame

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well, my first thought would be "Invasion!", the army would be out there... so that's why I think it's a hoax. Why wouldn't the army be there, if this was the case? Why all this time delay and nobody seems to be in charge? The Laredo PD say it's not their jurisdiction, but it's got to be somebody's - Webb County? The Feds? Anyway, it's so weird, like a Twilight Zone movie.

That guy I quoted takes it all to heart, he has posts about proof and other examples, and other people are chiming in... I just don't think the American Govt. would stand for it. I should find his original post for you Wink

Okay, here it is Smile

This reads like something out of a Sci-Fi or Old West Comic Book - NOT 2010 America. Its unreal. The most Bizzare thing I have ever seen.

Read that last line about the local and national media in this country being ''silent'' on this so far.

You think??? Shocking....Not really, actually. ... It makes total sense, actually, if you think about it. 3 Reasons why WASHINGTON is IGNORING This and why they are SQUEEZING The Media to not cover this very loudly.

1 Its EMBARRASING!!! - Its one thing to have a ''Mysterious'' (even though most of us have been familiar with The Taliban, Al Quaeda and Al Jazzaara for years) Terrorist Group from The ''Far Away'' Middle East to fly across oceans and SNEAK Attack us like the DIRTY COWARDS they are on 9/11...it is QUITE ANOTHER to allow Soldiers in the Army (funded by The Drug Cartels) cross a MUTUAL BORDER that is LAND-LOCKED and SEIZE territory on OUR SIDE of The Border. Unreal.

2 I smell a RAT. I am not the usual Conspiracy Theorist but this would not be the FIRST TIME someone in Washington was having his palm greased by kickbacks of drug money coming into this country through the cartels. Dirty Rats.

3 Those folks in their fancy offices in Washington don't think it is IMPORTANT enough yet...The far tip of West Texas might as well be Mars to these screwballs. I am SO SICK of their tomfoolery!!! People are dying. Families are losing their homes. But it isn't even really considered AMERICA by them probably...but it IS. The town in the article (Laredo) is in the state of TEXAS (my state, incidentally) ... Also, Washington doesn't care as long as it is just poor Pedro who is trying to feed his family on $12 a day by being a farmer in Laredo Texas that is losing his farm. ... Trust Me, when it is some HOT SHOT Politician or Dignitary (especially if they are lining the pockets of some senator's re-election campaign) then you will hear ALL the Drums being Banged and the outrage being expressed from The White House.

The problem, folks, is these things NEVER get any BETTER ... They only escalate to more severe levels. yesterday it was an American citizen in West Texas being kidnapped. Then it was 1 ranch in America being seized...then 2 ranches...then a town...then 2 towns...then its closer to Central Texas and not just ''Deep West Texas'' anymore...THEN, Wshington HAS to send The Army in and you have battles in our streets. In America. Some people call that War.

I am not trying to sound hysterical, but this is real folks. It is real.

Lincoln expressed it most accurately when he first saw discontent brewing BEFORE The Civil War whenhe said:

''"In your hands, my dissatisfied fellow-countrymen, and not in mine, is the momentous issue of civil war. The Government will not assail you. You can have no conflict without being yourselves the aggressors. You have no oath registered in heaven to destroy the Government, while I shall have the most solemn one to preserve, protect, and defend it.''''

Now, President Lincoln was speaking about the internal battle that he saw looming in the Civil War but the principle remains the same for this current situation. Its unreal.

What happened to our government's ''solemn oath to protect and defend'' those of us in this country.

New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, California...we have been BEGGING for Federal Reinforcemetns. State Militias can not stand up to the heavy artillery these soldiers are using - arms bought by the Drug Money. The Arms Smuggling and The Drug Trade (as well as Human Slave Trading) - they are all interconnected.

We have to have STRONG IMMIGRATION LAWS.

This is NOT racism.

I am NOT talking about the poor man or woman that is trying to come into this country to live a better life or help their family...I SUPPORT those people.

Over the last 20 years, every proposed act of legislation for Immigration Law has been a joke. Either is has been FAR too LAX - or it has punished the wrong poor people.

We have to get this right, friends.

We are ALL Americans.

Right???

I am talking about THESE situations.

I am ending now. For those that read this...thank you...forgive my RED LINING Anger over this.

Please write a congressman, check out a website, call the Office of Homeland Security. Anything. Please. Thank you.

......Thursday, June, 28, 2010 I read that land on United States soil had been taken over by foreign soldiers......and wondered if anyone noticed.

How Freaking Bizzare.

I Love My Country So Very Much.

And I am So Deeply Ashamed of My Government today...

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:39 pm
I see that no one takes note of my piquant view of the Zetas and the hoaxers making a super fear blot just about by mistake. I take it as the hoaxers using real Zeta fear.

One of the problems is that NYer article is not easy to access, but it's pretty interesting.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:44 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
Thursday, June, 28, 2010 I read that land on United States soil had been taken over by foreign soldiers......and wondered if anyone noticed.

My God.. June 28th.. they took over a ranch...
Where is PETA? The poor cows must be starving to death by this time.

Wait, ***BREAKING NEWS ****
I have it on good authority that members of PETA have disguised themselves as drug mules and are currently filming the mistreatment of cattle by the Zeta cartel on those ranches.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:55 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
This is NOT racism.

This is the worst lie of all. It is racism.
ebrown p

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 08:03 pm
@ebrown p,

What happened here is simple. White supremacists made up a story to stoke up fear against the people they call brown skinned "invaders". It had to be a great story, filled with war images with national pride and featuring a despicable enemy.

They fed this story to their Minuteman and Tea Party friends. Each of these groups often act as front groups to feed a "sanitized" version of their hateful rhetoric to the public.

Then someone read the sensationalist story (that was invented by hate groups) in publications, such as New Patriot Journal, and posted it here.

Please stop spreading the gospel for hate groups.