Where can i find this material

rk1951

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 07:28 pm
I am looking for some kind of material that will stick to car headlights. It doesn't have to be clear, but I don't want an actual sticker.

For example: I remember when i was younger we had Holloween decorations that would stick to the windows, like ghosts and witches, but they would peel off and we would re use them for years.

Does this make any sense? What kind of plastic material is this, and where can I buy a sheet of it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,174 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 08:27 pm
Any thin plastic with a slight layer of water between it and the window will usually last for a while. Squeegee the window, then apply the plastic, or wet the plastic and apply to glass surface.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 08:28 pm
Wouldn't that be illegal?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 08:34 pm
I believe you would be correct, Fealola. Most states have laws that specifiy the color that headlight lenses must be.
0 Replies

rk1951

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 09:05 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
I believe you would be correct, Fealola. Most states have laws that specifiy the color that headlight lenses must be.

I race in an amateur racing club called NASA. Anyway this would only be track use and not on the street. See, when I'm on the track I get rock scratches on the headlight. I mostly use painters tape, but I'm sick of buying it all the time, everyone is using it and next thing you know its gone or lost. I thought it would be a good idea to have a material that I could just cut to my headlights size and stick on it, and have it re usable like the holloween decorations i was talking about. Smile
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 10:26 pm
What about that plastic stuff they put on windows to reflect the sunshine outside to make the inside warmer? Isn't some of that stuff removeable and multi-stickable?

I think this is what you're looking for. It's called Static cling plastic and this looks like a source for it. If not, type "static cling plastic" into Google and you'll get the same list of them where I got this one.

Hope it works for you.

By the way, there's a new plastic wrap product being advertised by one of the big supermarket brands (can't remember which one at the moment) called something like Press n Seal Plastic Wrap. That also might fit the application you are wanting.
0 Replies

rk1951

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 12:55 am
Perfect!!!! Thanks Flynet. Razz
0 Replies