How can i get my mom to let me smoke weed?

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:41 pm
my mom found weed on me for the third time (after promising not to do it). we argued for a long time and basically her whole argument was "i dont care if its addictive, i dont care if its harmful, i know its illegal and if i even suspect you 1 more time you're moving in with your dad". I'm 18 right now and i just want her to accept weed. she smokes cig's and has let me drink beers (law says age 19) so shes a total hippocrite. ive explained everything about weed to her but she says "im not going to discuss this with you."

how can i get her to let me smoke weed? she literally took 2 grams off me and im never gonna see it again Sad

ive even told her that i use it for anxiety and depression.

ebrown p

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:51 pm
@niyesuh1212,
Why not move out of her house? You are 18. This is now an option.

If you live in her house, you have to live by her rules. That's life.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 12:06 am
@ebrown p,
Oh, look, I agree with ebrown on this one.

on my own, I'll say, whatta prince.
Plus he mother is not so dumb and was trying to help him best she could.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 05:49 am
@niyesuh1212,
Quote:
took 2 grams off me and im never gonna see it again

little wonder you're anxious and depressed
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 06:04 am
Doesn't sound to me like you have a snowball's chance in hell of getting your mom to let you smoke weed, bubba.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 07:06 am
@niyesuh1212,
I think you should stop and think on this for a bit. Depending on where you live, weed is illegal. If a policeman took those two grams off of you, you'd be cited. If someone found it in your mother's house, she'd be in trouble as well. Both of you could face job implications if cited by the police. If you want to risk yourself, that is one of the decisions adults get to make, but as pointed out above, you need to fully grasp adulthood to do that and that means moving out. Using illegal drugs is not in the same camp as using legal ones like beer and cigarettes.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 07:19 am
Well, you are right: your mom is a hypocrite. She allows you to use alcohol but puts her foot down on pot. Both are probably harmful for you at your age to be doing in any great quantity (daily) anyway. As a parent, I'd be concerned that you are using either.

Please find out why you are anxious and depressed - and why you are using alcohol and pot to deal with those feelings.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 09:28 am
@niyesuh1212,
How did you get caught three times? There are a number of avenues that, theoretically, could be persued here, some that could even improve the quality of your life long-term. But you're 18. So all I'll say is learn to hide that **** better, man. That's way easier than trying to change your mother's mind. I mean do you have any idea what you're asking?
0 Replies

AwTin

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 09:38 am
@niyesuh1212,
I'm all for marijuana use to be legal for adults. A joint contains more carcinogens than a cigarette, but THC itself has been found to have virtually no adverse effects when used moderately. Vaporize the weed and you're good to go.

However, not to be mean, but you sound a little pathetic. You don't need marijuana to be happy or to treat anxiety/depression.

Anxious? Get more sleep, or perhaps less if you're sleeping more than about eight hours per day. You'd be surprised how a good night's sleep can affect your emotions during the day. Ensure that you're waking up at the end of a sleep cycle. The five sleep cycles last about 90 minutes.

Or perhaps try something else if sleep doesn't work. I take a perfectly legal and virtually harmless supplement of Kava Kava for mild euphoria when I'm anxious or unhappy. Perhaps try phenibut, or, hell, take a multivitamin.

I don't care if you smoke weed, but don't act like weed is the only way to be satisfied with life.

0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 09:39 am
@niyesuh1212,
P.S. Stop stashing that **** inside your guitar or any old toys you still have. Like your Power Ranger Wolf Morpher (see below). That's the first place she'll look.

http://junglefury.powerrangersgateway.com/images/prjf-wolf-morpher-01.jpg

0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 08:21 pm
I think you just need to be a bit more sly. Maybe you should start plugging it Wink

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 09:09 pm
Leave it with a friend - who doesn't smoke weed. Find some sort of favor you can do to repay. You are entirely too sloppy if you've been caught three times. I was never caught - and my dad was a cop. Don't smoke at home. Jeez. Get with the program.
AwTin

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 05:41 am
@Lash,
>>Leave it with a friend - who doesn't smoke weed. Find some sort of favor you can do to repay. You are entirely too sloppy if you've been caught three times. I was never caught - and my dad was a cop. Don't smoke at home. Jeez. Get with the program.<<

Leave it with a friend so he can take the punishment it's found? Not worth it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 06:55 am
@niyesuh1212,
I have no problem with adults smoking weed, and I believe that it should be decriminalized. Saying that I am inferring from your words that you are smoking joints to allay depression and anxiety.

It is one thing to smoke a joint after a hard day's work, and to relax. It is quite another to self medicate with marijuana for emotional problems that are better handled by a professional mental health person.

It is well known that many emotionally troubled men will self medicate with alcohol. I would suspect that you are doing a similar thing with pot.

The fact that your mother may be a hypocrite is an entirely separate issue. Apparently there are some problems with her and your dad, and she is being cruel by threatening to abandon you to your father.

I get the impression that you do not have a very emotionally comforting life. IMO, you need to deal with that, and learn better ways of coping than smoking yourself into oblivion.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:01 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Leave it with a friend - who doesn't smoke weed. Find some sort of favor you can do to repay. You are entirely too sloppy if you've been caught three times. I was never caught - and my dad was a cop. Don't smoke at home. Jeez. Get with the program.

I agree w/ awtin.
The friends mom finds it, it's gonna get more complicated.

yeah, learn to hide it better.

we're all hippocrites about something.
Lash

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 05:26 pm
@chai2,
I was thinking it's not the hiding- but the taking out and smoking - that contributed to getting caught. So, I thought a decent hiding place where it wasn't being taken out and the kid in the house wasn't high was an easy fix.
0 Replies