If we all put Martin Timothy on Ignore will he go away?

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 03:49 pm
Just askin'... I hit my big "I" button.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,734 • Replies: 24
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 03:56 pm
@Green Witch,
i like him, he's wacky
Green Witch

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 03:58 pm
@djjd62,
Others do "wacky" much better. He's not even original. He's got the same old garden variety conspiracy theories you see everywhere. If you're going to do the crazy schtick at least get a little creative.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 04:05 pm
George bush was an alien who wore a suit made by Buffalo Bill.
Just ask Clarice..
Green Witch

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 04:21 pm
@shewolfnm,
See? Now, that's what I mean by creative out of the box looniness. Good for Clarice.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 04:25 pm
@Green Witch,
Did Clarice use Clairol? That's part of a corporation, you know, one deeply dedicated to blondes having more fun. Is that a Bush era premise?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 04:28 pm
To answer, it seems we like to play with fish. And I can see Farmerman's point, though I personally don't have the patience.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 04:29 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't think I ever met Clarice, you would have to check with SheWolf. Maybe Clarice is in Martin's conspiracy club, but a more advanced member and thus let in on the really good stuff.
JTT

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 04:39 pm
@Green Witch,
BEWARE!!

I got a big Mal-Ware warning that popped up on my screen when I was perusing the thread about the missile hitting the Pentagon. I didn't click on anything but it seemed just moving my cursor across the screen made it move to a new website. The MalWare popup gave me a safety button to escape.

I'm not shittin' you.
firefly

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 04:52 pm
@Green Witch,
Where is the ignore button? What happens if you hit it? (I don't want to go up in a puff of smoke). Do the person's posts then not appear in a thread you are reading?

Thanks for the warning, JTT.
dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 05:22 pm
@Green Witch,
To us he will.

I KNEW it...he's from Brisbane!!!

http://www.politicsandcurrentaffairs.co.uk/Forum/announcements-introductions/46838-my-name-martin-timothy.html
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 05:26 pm
@JTT,
Thanks, no chance in this case that I'd check it, but I can imagine checking it as you did.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 05:32 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Where is the ignore button?
on the profile page...
Quote:
What happens if you hit it? (I don't want to go up in a puff of smoke). Do the person's posts then not appear in a thread you are reading?
all of their posts are automatically collapsed...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 05:32 pm
@firefly,
Click on the user name at the start of the post - right there on top. This will bring you to the profile. You can peruse, and ignore, or decide not to. It is rescindable.

I've gotten, over time, the number of those I ignore to very few.
Suddenly the number is going up again.

Some folks never ignore, and I've no argument with that.

I get reasons for not ignoring, and I go back and forth on that, and that is literally possible. A thread can look like a different conversation, one way or the other, and you can just do that, see what it looks like either way.

firefly

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 10:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks, osso and Region. I don't know why I never noticed the "ignore" before. I will try using it just to see how it works.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 08:36 am
@ossobuco,
OMG! Is bush a blonde?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 08:41 am
When I saw the three conspiracy posts Martin Timothy (Timothy Martin reads better, don't you think?) posted not long ago, I didn't read any of them.

I did read the JFK thread today. I dislike reading busy type and highlighted passages but I thought it painful to see the smiling faces of JFK and Jackie just minutes before he was shot.
farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 08:53 am
@Green Witch,
Thatll mean I have spendi, The Indian nutjob, and now Timmy on ignore. I guiess I can handle not knowing what these 3 are "thinking" bye Timmy
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2010 11:43 am
I suspect that MT doesn't care whether or not people respond to his conspiracy theories.
panzade

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2010 12:37 pm
@plainoldme,
I suspect you're right.
Not to belabor the point, but I don't ever put anybody on ignore. The great experience that is A2K is all about a wide range of ideas and ...stupidity. I go through Martin's Manure looking for a kernel of corn. Who knows, someday I might find one.
0 Replies