Why there are so many losers?

failures art

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 01:17 am
@TuringEquivalent,
You're avoiding the rich, because it contradicts your garbage rant. You've credited materialism as the problem for the poor, and called them losers. You aren't very well versed on the topic of poverty, so stop pretending. You're embarrassing yourself.

A
R
T
failures art

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 01:18 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent wrote:
I am not winning.
The truest keys you've ever struck.

A
R
T
0 Replies

TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 01:18 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

TuringEquivalent wrote:

Look at how many replies..

Jesus didn't brag about how many nails they put into him when was crucified, I don't think you should either.

TuringEquivalent wrote:

I am still right.

Precious.

TuringEquivalent wrote:

In general, people can raise above their misfortune by saving, hard work, studying, getting a good job, and investing wisely.

Lot's of people could be great cyclists with practice. It still takes a bicycle though. You shouldn't trivialize the hard work many struggling people do.

TuringEquivalent wrote:

The fact that they don ` t do it is because they are mentally weak. This is why they are losers.

They do, and they aren't.

TuringEquivalent wrote:

Their mental weakness is due to the materialistic culture around them.

And yet the most wealthy are the ones most invested in the materialistic culture.

You're still wrong.

A
R
T

There is no argument here at all. Where did i say anything about the "wealthy"? The reason why people remain poor is because they are losers. Do you have a single argument to the contrary?

Quote:
Lot's of people could be great cyclists with practice. It still takes a bicycle though. You shouldn't trivialize the hard work many struggling people do.

cyclists?

Is this a metaphor for why you suck? Give me a ******* argument, or go ******* die. OK?

Quote:
Jesus didn't brag

Yes, i am bragging, idiot.
failures art

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 01:26 am
@TuringEquivalent,
You're a bragging idiot? Is that a metaphor?

A
R
T
TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 01:26 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

You're avoiding the rich, because it contradicts your garbage rant. You've credited materialism as the problem for the poor, and called them losers. You aren't very well versed on the topic of poverty, so stop pretending. You're embarrassing yourself.

A
R
T

Where did i contradict myself? I never mention anything about rich people at all. Even if we make the assumption that a lot of rich people are materialistic, it does not contradict my the point the poor remain poor because they are materialistic. Rich people can afford to buy whatever they want, but poor people can ` t do that, else, they get themselves into debt. Understand, bitch?

0 Replies

TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 01:29 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

You're a bragging idiot? Is that a metaphor?

A
R
T

Sorry, i don ` t make up stuff like you. I prefer to argue using valid arguments, because this is the philosophy forum. I am not interest in bullshit you pull out of your ass. LOL I guess that is one metaphor!
failures art

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 01:51 am
@TuringEquivalent,
What kind of stuff do you make? What kind of bullshit are you interested in pulling out of an ass? Is that a metaphor?

A
R
T
TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 01:58 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

What kind of stuff do you make? What kind of bullshit are you interested in pulling out of an ass? Is that a metaphor?

A
R
T

LOL

sorry, it should be:

L
O
L

dumb bitch.
failures art

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 03:51 am
@TuringEquivalent,
You should be sorry? Dumb bitch? Is that a metaphor?

A
R
T
TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 04:20 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

You should be sorry? Dumb bitch? Is that a metaphor?

A
R
T

no. "dumb bitch" is not a metaphor.
failures art

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 07:36 am
@TuringEquivalent,
"No dumb bitch?" Make up your mind. What's with all the metaphors?

A
R
T
Thomas

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 08:16 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent wrote:
I equate losers with people with very little money, and "little money" is depended on how much one can buy at any given time. So, I can, without being vague classify people as "losers", because they are below a certain income.

Below what certain income, TE? Would you like to share the amount in dollars per year?
TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 08:54 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

"No dumb bitch?" Make up your mind. What's with all the metaphors?

A
R
T

There is no metaphor. I am just calling you a dumb bitch.
0 Replies

TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 08:57 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

TuringEquivalent wrote:
I equate losers with people with very little money, and "little money" is depended on how much one can buy at any given time. So, I can, without being vague classify people as "losers", because they are below a certain income.

Below what certain income, TE? Would you like to share the amount in dollars per year?

Any income below a certain poverty line is defined by the government. It also depends in the region you are in.
Thomas

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:28 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent wrote:
Any income below a certain poverty line is defined by the government. It also depends in the region you are in.

The per-capita income of the whole planet is lower than that, even if you account for them at Purchasing Power Parity. By your standard, more than half of all humans in the world are "losers". The reason for that differs from country to country, but it's usually one of two: (1) colonialism, civil war, and cultural impediments have kept whole societies from keeping up with the industrial revolution. That's what happened in most Third-World countries. Alternatively, (2) communism has held back economic development, locking the population of communist countries into poverty.

There is no need to search for character flaws among the people involved.
Zetherin

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 11:45 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent wrote:

Do you believe everyone is born with ample opportunity to prosper, and those who don't are simply lazy?

I hope not, as that would be incredibly naive.
TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 04:03 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

TuringEquivalent wrote:

The per-capita income of the whole planet is lower than that, even if you account for them at Purchasing Power Parity. By your standard, more than half of all humans in the world are "losers". The reason for that differs from country to country, but it's usually one of two: (1) colonialism, civil war, and cultural impediments have kept whole societies from keeping up with the industrial revolution. That's what happened in most Third-World countries. Alternatively, (2) communism has held back economic development, locking the population of communist countries into poverty.

There is no need to search for character flaws among the people involved.

Well, i am sure there are many unfortunate people in the world, but i am talking only about the situation in America. The working poor here have bad habits. They would invest their money in an iped, than an education.

TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 04:05 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:

TuringEquivalent wrote:

Do you believe everyone is born with ample opportunity to prosper, and those who don't are simply lazy?

I hope not, as that would be incredibly naive.

I believe everyone can work with what they have, and prosper with hard work, and planning. My view is mainly about Americans.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 04:45 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent wrote:
Well, i am sure there are many unfortunate people in the world, but i am talking only about the situation in America. The working poor here have bad habits. They would invest their money in an iped, than an education.

Is that a fact? If you think so, what is your evidence for that fact?
spendius

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 05:36 pm
@Thomas,
In general I would invest in an education but if the "Romance Novel--a collective effort" thread is anything to go by it wouldn't be an American one.
0 Replies