Banksy - Renowned Street Artist: "I remember when all this was trees."

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 04:23 pm
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/15/renowned-street-artist-banksy-tags-detroit-ignites-controversy/
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/07/banksy-detroit-self-opt-1279212944.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,465 • Replies: 5
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 04:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
i like this guy, he does some pretty cool stuff
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 02:42 pm
@djjd62,
Well, you must be the only one, besides me.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 03:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm sure I've posted positively on Banksy before on a2k.

I'm a little iffier on Banksy than I used to be. But I'm mixed re regular graffiti as an fine mode in the first place. And I do mean genuinely mixed, empathetic at the same time angry as low level homeowner. I see the art part, see neighborhoods crushingly messed up, but the graffiti part of that as just a sign. Also understand protest, to the extent graffiti is protest. Still don't like a fence I built being tagged.

Banksy reminds me in a way of Robbie Conal, whom I've liked. Now I'm thinking he's getting a little precious - but I may get over it.

Well, precious two ways, in that these guys' work has value as a commodity now.
And I took the tree thing as perhaps facile, though of course I agree with his point. I might take back the facile, but I've a whiff of it. But that's taking him as the artist..
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 05:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Good stuff. I think Robert G. did a thread, at some point, in the past on him and street art.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 06:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
0 Replies