Miller

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:15 am
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

I think I blacked out and when I came to I could feel my stomach burping with gas. I knew it was the acid from the oranges. It was maybe a few seconds. I can't remember what I did then. Maybe I drank some water or ate some cheese or peanuts to neutralize the acid. From that time on I never ate too much of anything.

Sounds like sugar oveload. Are you diabetic?
talk72000

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 03:43 pm
@Miller,
That was when I was a kid and had no illness that I know of. My memory of that event is somewhat hazy as I am not absolutely sure if I blacked out. Maybe there wasn't. I am trying to remember. Maybe I just stood still for a while with my arms holding onto the table thus not falling down.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 06:28 pm
@Miller,
Are you responding to me? My symptoms were all very by-the-book migraine.
Miller

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 12:23 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Are you responding to me? My symptoms were all very by-the-book migraine.

Numbness in the fingers?
littlek

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 02:41 pm
@Miller,
yep.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 12:57 pm
i have a minor nagging migraine that i tried to keep at bay with lotsa liquids and painkillers....but it's not going away. it is bloody annoying as i have to prepare for a class for tomorrow, so there's no option of just sleeping it off. which i'd love to, as light makes it worse, as does computer screen.

any instant minor miracle available out there for at least a 3- 4 hour relief? after that i promise to get a good night sleep.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 01:16 pm
@dagmaraka,
A piece of dark chocolate and a strong coffee with a bit of lemon should help.
It's late at your side though, you might not be able to sleep with all the caffein.
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 01:19 pm
@CalamityJane,
i did a head stand (tends to help me) and discovered an M&M from yesterday under the couch. I was desperate enough to eat it and it actually helped for whole one minute. now it's creeping back, ugh.

i found yoga against migraine - will try that
http://www.yogawiz.com/yoga-therapy/further-yoga-exercises-for-migraine.html
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 01:27 pm
@dagmaraka,
If you have lemons at home, squeeze three or four in a cup of chamomile tea
and add honey. Honey is a natural pain reliefer.
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 01:46 pm
@CalamityJane,
that can't hurt in any case, even if i had no migraine. will do. thanks CJ.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 04:39 pm
How did it go, Dasha? Headache gone? Get any sleep?
dagmaraka

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 02:21 am
@littlek,
The migraine is gone today. Eventually I took a looong shower in the dark -most recommended! The attempts at exercise not so much, that seemed to make it only worse.
I gave up and slept and am sans migraine today, but also utterly exhausted, puffy eyes and all. don't know how i'll handle the class this afternoon. ugh.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 11:10 am
...and i canceled the class. i am more or less ok, but exhausted and was in no shape to prepare. i still have a funny vision, upset stomach, sensitive skin
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 04:47 pm
It's important to let yourself recover. You probably should have canceled class last night so you weren't stressed out while migraining.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 04:23 am
yep. that's a lesson learned. all those hours spent trying to concentrate without head exploding could have been spent better. at least i have a class ready for tomorrow.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 12:36 pm
@littlek,
Migrena can be caused by several factors.

- lack of water
- fungal spores
- make up with agressive chemicals
- hysterical triggerd
- stress
..etc.
0 Replies