How can I override iPod's limit to download audiobooks from more than 2 Audible.com accounts?

Kay-Dub

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 09:30 am
I have an 8GB video iPod and enjoy listening to audiobooks. I have four different accounts from Audible.com but have learned that iPod will only allow files from two Audible accounts to be downloaded to the device. We all know there are loopholes and workarounds with iPods so I am writing to ask if anyone knows of one that will allow me to download content from all four Audible accounts.

Thanks for the help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,640 • Replies: 3
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 10:04 am
@Kay-Dub,
I did look into buying online audio books but once I found that they all copy protected the files I said the hell with it.

Now instead of them getting my money I take the books out of the public library and ripped them to mp3 files for free.

Not going to pay good money for copy protected material and end up running into your type of a problem.

Suggest you stop buying audio books online as long as they sell them with copy protections.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 08:37 pm
@Kay-Dub,
I guess I am unclear why you would have 4 accounts with Audible.

I doubt you can force your Ipod to accept 3 or more accounts. Certainly you could do a work around that would allow you to change which 2 accounts are on your ipod but that would probably get a little ugly in wiping, reloading software and resyncing.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 08:43 pm
@parados,
I had that same question parados. I'm not sure why anyone would have even two accounts. Is one (or more) of these accounts <<inherited>> from someone who is no longer using their audiobooks My Library archive?
0 Replies