Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:57 am
The "Diner Scene" from "When Harry Met Sally"

"I'll have what she's having"

OR

The Monologue From "Say Anything"
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 09:21 am
The scene in The Inlaws when Peter Falk instructs Alan Arkin to "Serpentine" as bullets fly all around him.

The scene in My Favorite Year when Peter O'Toole joins Lainie Kazan and family for dinner.

Young Frankenstein - The horses whinnying in terror every time they hear Frau Blucher's name.

The Producers - Springtime for Hitler in Germany and the auditions for the role of Hitler

The Cheap Detective - The parody of Casablanca

The scene in The Big Bus at the cemetery when the visitors talking to their deceased loved ones, asking forgiveness, etc., begin to drown one another out and get louder and louder almost causing a riot amongst themselves.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 01:35 pm
Oh, my. A lot of them. John Candy crashing down the door in "The Great Outdoors" with that shocked look on his face as he says:

Bear, big bear!

Fred Gwenn in "My Cousin Vinny", when he asks Joe Peci:

Ah, Mr. Gambini. What are yutes?

Sid Caesar when he hurriedly replies to Peter Falk in Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad World:

We fell into yellow!
0 Replies

vroonika

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 02:20 pm
lol completely agree with you on that one Neoquin!!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 03:33 pm
willow_tl wrote:
There's a scene in "Uncle Buck" where John Candy goes to the principals office to discuss one of the kids...

Me too! It's not great cinema, but I cracked up when I saw it!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 03:41 pm
Other one from Nine Months when the men go shopping for toys and run foul of a dinosaur that gives them the finger and they commence to rumble.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 01:00 am
Mr. StillH20 - I forgot about that! Yeah, that's good.

Spaceballs, when they load up Spaceballs the Movie to find Lone Star and Vespa.

Not Laugh-So-Hard-You-Fart funny, but I rather enjoyed the scene in The Wedding Singer at the end where Billy Idol pushes Glen into the back of the plane.

Tom Hanks telling Elizabeth Perkins "Okay, but I get to be on top!" when she said she wanted to sleep with him in Big

Big Business, when the two sets of twins meet up with each other finally in the bathroom.

And the end of the same movie, when the triplets try to check into the same hotel.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 04:35 am
The Wedding Singer is the only bit of Adam Sandler I can take. When he turns up all teary and gets the crowd to sing 'Love Stinks' leading to a riot, ending with him hiding in the dumpster/mini-skip until the guests leave was brilliant!
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 04:38 am
Jim Carrey "I've had better." "The pen is blue! The pen is blue! The god-dammed pen is blue!" "Stop breaking the law, moron!" Most of Liar Liar, for that matter.

Cary Elwes in Robin Hood, Men in Tights "Unlike some other actors, I can speak with an English Accent!" Hell... most of that movie.

Blazing Saddles. . . 'nuff said. . .
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 05:58 am
Tommy Boy "You can get good look at a bulls ass if you stick yer head up in there"

Steve Martin going off on John Candy in the hotel room in "planes, trains and automobiles".

Austin Powers kicking the midget's ass in Goldmember.

Leslie Neilson singing the national anthem in the "naked gun" and frisking them ball players

the line of people waiting to smack the hysterical woman in "air plane"

"besides... that's a beer truck, ay?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 06:01 am
Great idea line guy! I'll be renting What's up doc this weekend. Also, you may just have hit it with that cheech and chong scene.
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 09:50 am
The Producers:

Gene Wilders's character shouts "I'm hysterical"

Zero Mostel throws a glass of water in his face

Wilder: Now I'm wet and hysterical!!

Zero slaps Wilder/

Wilder; now I'm wet, hysterical and in pain!!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 10:03 pm
Just remembered this one, The Man with Two Brains

http://membres.lycos.fr/cinephilia/brains/BRAIN65.JPG
"I don't want to fukc a gorilla!"
0 Replies

Hazlitt

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 08:19 pm
You never know, at any given time, what will make you laugh, but the scene at which I laughed the longest and hardest was in Monsieur Beaucaire with Bob Hope. Hope was the court barber and was called upon to cut the kings's hair. He decided to take advantage of the occasion to request the kings permission to wed the chambermaid (probably the king's chambermaid). Hope gets nervous and flustered, and he makes a mess of the haircut and incenses the king. I was watching the movie on TV about 40 years ago. It set me to laughing and I thought I'd pass out for want of catching my breath.

I've seen much smoother comedy, but I've never laughed so hard.

One funny bit that I've enjoyed over and over is the song and dance done by Fred Astaire and Jane Powell in Royal Wedding: How Could You Believe Me When I Told You That I Love You When You Know I've Been a No Good Liar All My No Good Rotten Life? I have a tape of the movie set to that routine so I can watch it whenever I feel like it.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2003 04:30 pm
I second Kenji's nomination of the scene in "The Court Jester". Danny Kaye is about to joust with a killer knight, and his friends try to fix the fight:
"Just remember- the potion with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle. The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."
As soon as Kaye has that memorized: "But wait a minute. They broke the vessel with the pestle and replaced it with a flagon with a dragon. So they put the potion with the poison in the chalice from the palace and the flagon with the dragon is the brew that is true"
Meanwhile, Kaye is struck by lightning and his armor magnetized. His rival hears of the poison, and the two of them march side by side, chanting "the potion with the poison..." while iron objects, including the bad guy's helmet, start sticking to Kaye. Trust me, it is HILARIOUS.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2003 04:32 pm
Oh, and the scene in Young Frankenstein where the blind man pours soup in the monster's lap and lights his thumb!
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2003 04:36 pm
Also, the storm scene in Buster Keaton's silent film "Steamboat Bill, Jr" must be seen. This includes the famous bit with the facade of a house collapsing on Buster and him not being hurt because he's standing right where the second-floor open window falls.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2003 10:21 pm
Horsey - that was a REAL house-front and in 'The General' that was a REAL steam-train complete with REAL driving-rods that he sat on!! Talk about puting art before life!!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2003 10:23 pm
Equus wrote:
Oh, and the scene in Young Frankenstein where the blind man pours soup in the monster's lap and lights his thumb!

I need a visual on that, Equus!! Where am I gonna find one!!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 10:10 am
I'm glad to see someone mentioned Keaton in "Steamboat Bill Jr." and Chaplin in "The Gold Rush." I'd add the boxing match from "City Lights" as another hilarious Chaplin scene. And if you ever get a chance to see Harold Lloyd's "Safety Last," for God's sake don't miss it!

I think the hardest and longest I've ever laughed at a movie would be the Mr. Creosote scene from Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life." People talk about laughing so hard that they fall on the floor, but they usually don't mean it literally. Well, I was literally on the floor.
0 Replies