longfun

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 08:20 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Perhaps you could describe the alternate solution?

It would lead us to far as not only present economy, banking but also society, its values etc would need to change accordingly. and as the "who has the upper hand" would drastically change within the world all power would shift toward differently owned enterprises even nations. Sure you would have less or different personal glorification. (Edison didn't make all his inventions himself, he had some ideas and the right team and finances behind him, he patented them all on his name)

We have this system and don't complain as we have the upper hand, but we need to reduce the power of patents and copyright to a minimum to protect the ones unable to pay for the use of patents
DrewDad

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 08:22 am
@longfun,
In other words, no you could not describe an alternate solution.
longfun

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 09:35 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

To keep it simple, remove copyright altogether. If a story or song is worth telling it will be told or heared. Look at the net.
A perfect example of what a lack of copyright can do is to look at the bible or the Koran LOL both exist way before copyright appeared.
It is most probably one of the reasons for it's success.Smile
If you look at the amount of books and related literature and films made based on this original. I can imagine the royalties organized religion is missing out on.
anyway, I simply see no reason for me to describe an alternative solution.
In fact I had hoped China and Europe to come up with one having less restrictions to say the least.
0 Replies

longfun

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 09:53 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

In china you have a limitation a citizen shall be the lifetime of the author and fifty years after his death
the same for copyright within companies is fifty years after the first Publication of such work, provided that any such work that has not been published within fifty years after the completion of its creation shall no longer be protected under this Law. etc
http://www.chinaiprlaw.com/english/laws/laws10.htm
Look at this: A work may be exploited without permission from, and without payment of remuneration to, the copyright owner, provided that the name of the author and the title of the work shall be mentioned and the other rights enjoyed by the copyright owner ....
so in their eyes they are doing nothing wrong if they mention the original owner.

Notice that the early copyright law in the US was even less controlling, but present US copyright law although the idea is the same that the author's interest needs to be secondary to that of the public is now way past this point.
0 Replies