Dualism vs non dualism

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:54 am
I won’t be so bold to say that all human conflict is rooted in dualist vs. non dualist thought, but it seems to me that throughout history much of human conflict can be traced, in one way or another, to the differences between those schools of thought. It further seems to me that those differences are irreconcilable.

So what do y’all think?

kennethamy

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:57 am
@chad3006,
chad3006 wrote:

I won’t be so bold to say that all human conflict is rooted in dualist vs. non dualist thought, but it seems to me that throughout history much of human conflict can be traced, in one way or another, to the differences between those schools of thought. It further seems to me that those differences are irreconcilable.

So what do y’all think?

I think it is a good thing you are not so bold as to say that, since if you did, you would need some reasons to think it was true, and do far as I can tell, you have none. Boldness is fine, but maintaining views without support is folly.
0 Replies

Arjuna

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 12:01 pm
@chad3006,
chad3006 wrote:

So what do y’all think?

Fascinating topic. By dualist, do you refer to Abrahamic religions?

All human conflict begins with duality and ends without it. That's how we got to be a global creature. Very Happy
chad3006

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 12:13 pm
@Arjuna,
Arjuna wrote:

chad3006 wrote:

So what do y’all think?

Fascinating topic. By dualist, do you refer to Abrahamic religions?

All human conflict begins with duality and ends without it. That's how we got to be a global creature. Very Happy

Well I wasn’t necessarily thinking strictly in terms of religions, but yes that could certainly be included. I should also say that many times these schools of thought aren’t always referred to with these particular terms. I’m thinking of a kind of “big picture” that includes the grey areas between these schools of thought as well.
Arjuna

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 12:27 pm
@chad3006,
chad3006 wrote:

Well I wasn’t necessarily thinking strictly in terms of religions, but yes that could certainly be included. I should also say that many times these schools of thought aren’t always referred to with these particular terms. I’m thinking of a kind of “big picture” that includes the grey areas between these schools of thought as well.
Could you give an example?
chad3006

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 12:34 pm
@Arjuna,
Well let's see .... in some instances perhaps, Native Americans vs. Western colonists, or Western philosophy vs. Eastern philosophy. Again, I'm not meaning to imply that these instances are always stricly dualist or non dualist, but in more general terms.
kennethamy

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 12:40 pm
@chad3006,
chad3006 wrote:

Well let's see .... in some instances perhaps, Native Americans vs. Western colonists, or Western philosophy vs. Eastern philosophy. Again, I'm not meaning to imply that these instances are always stricly dualist or non dualist, but in more general terms.

Very general, indeed. How do you feel about male and female. Are you against that too?
chad3006

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 12:45 pm
@kennethamy,
Yes, I'm very much against male and female. That should be obvious.
kennethamy

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:18 pm
@chad3006,
chad3006 wrote:

Yes, I'm very much against male and female. That should be obvious.

You don't think there is any difference between men and women? The famous story goes that during the long debate at the French National Assembly over women's suffrage, one member arose to say that after all, the difference between men and women was very small, at which another member arose to shout out, "Mais, vive la differance". (Hooray for the difference!). I agree with him.
0 Replies

jeeprs

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:28 pm
@chad3006,
the problem is that (1) I don't think you understand what 'non-dualist' means - correct me if I'm wrong - and (2) there is actually no conflict between non-dualism and dualism, because a non-dualism is generally a very pacifist outlook which avoids conflict.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sat 2 Sep, 2023 02:04 am
@chad3006,
I would suggest that DUALISTIC thought is associated with symmetrically balanced electromagnetic force interactions…..+/-=+/-

PRESENCE experiences dualistic thought when it ENGAGES with these symmetrically balanced electromagnetic forces of nature.

PRESENCE knows by experience when it is engaging in DUALISTIC thought because PRESENCE “toggles” backwards and forwards between two different consciousness states.

You could rewrite the formula as follows:

+/- PRESENCE +/-
Jasper10

Fri 17 Nov, 2023 10:59 pm
@Jasper10,
Dualism,

Science needs forces with specific characteristics on the left and on the right to be able to explain the sinusoidal nature of light/wave particles and thought (electrical signals)

Firstly,these forces need to interact.Secondly,they need to be symmetrical thirdly’,they need to be able to change their state to an equal but opposite state.Fourthly,they need to create movement as a result of their interactions.

Non Dualsim.

Being AWARE of and observing the above.

bobsal u1553115

Sat 18 Nov, 2023 10:14 am
@Jasper10,
Trying to get a 2010 thread locked, too?
izzythepush

Sat 18 Nov, 2023 11:06 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Dualism is the two gerbils arguing over who has the controls in Jasper's head.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sat 18 Nov, 2023 11:18 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Just explaining how to bypass dualism Bobsal.You place both equal but opposite electromagnetic forces on the right and left.
izzythepush

Sat 18 Nov, 2023 11:21 am
@Jasper10,
Sez Inky. Give Binky a turn.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sat 18 Nov, 2023 12:11 pm
@Jasper10,
You just stay in the middle.Who gives a monkey about the other two fellas.LOL.
0 Replies