Apologies to our host R.G.

Tryagain

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 05:27 pm
Dear friends...Ok, dear friend......Alright already; dear acquaintances, due in no way to the efforts of the 99,987 member who created a deafening silence in support of the one man who can set those people free...

If I may just take a moment to thank all our erstwhile contributors, not forgetting Jespah for pointing out the correct spelling was indeed 'JEFE'.

Although for American audiences it is pounced with a 'H', so for simplicity it is also pronounced that way in Mexico.

Osso, I fully understand; with you in his corner, I am sure he will be up for any fight.....Just keep a wet sponge handy.

I too should remain silent, for it is better I be thought a fool than to open my mouth and confirm it! But I repeat...

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled forum masses yearning to breathe free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these homeless Phil folk, tempest-tossed, to us: we lift our lamp beside the golden A2K door . . .

Margo, oh Margo how I love our little exchanges.

"... perhaps a bullshit merchant! (I typed mechant - should have left it there!"

There is no doubt about it and you did indeed answer your own question: Attention, chien méchant! - my bite is worse than my bark.

In retrospect y'all are quite right and any admonishment well deserved - I shall rectify that anomaly forthwith...

Nick Ashley is also a great guy and deserving recognition of the precipitous learning curve recent events have exacted on his hamster training schedule.

Ok, so let's give it up for Nick...and the other guy!

Remember, we are gunning for that despotic thread ' This forum is useless' and we are gonna kick their butt! Be afraid, very afraid.....No, not us them pesky Republicans' - no self respecting Democrats would have pulled a stunt like that!

MEMBERS UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED ¬ Embiggen (A perfectly cromulent word) them both with a panacea riposte...
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 06:19 pm
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 06:58 pm
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled forum masses yearning to breathe free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these homeless Phil folk, tempest-tossed, to us: we lift our lamp beside the golden A2K door . . .

Couldn't describe that any better.

...and they came, and they came, thousands of them...people who lost their home.
And, were ever so ungrateful to R.G. But, in their coming, and going, and posting two foot long posts, A2K was revived. It's better, no? Brought back some A2Kers who had left. Have to see the good side of things, no? It's noisier, more traffic. I rather like it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 07:06 pm
@Tryagain,
**** you very much, you you you you. piece of wit.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 07:04 am
Oh my, did I have an attack of the vapours over the weekend. It was when I was told that Jespah had ordered a satellite navigation device including maps for Costa Rico ! ! ! Now, call me a fornicating little nitwit if you will, but comeon, the alarm bell are starting to toll. Thatguy lives down thereaways! Who is gonna tell R.P.?

Now I don't wanna cast aspersions, heck, I don't even like fishin' but what story did Jes come up with to justify probably another thousand bucks for that obscure map which has only sold six copies?

I could just imagine it now: Jes, " But Riccardo dear, what happens if I'm on the Massachusetts Turnpike and miss the off ramp to Newton and find myself on Highway 32 outta San Jose searching for the turn to Guadalupe? RP, "You make a compelling point snuggles, it will indeed be a wise investment..."

A ray of sunshine was provided by Butrflynet with a hilarious and much needed humorous interlude - Thank you so much.

Son of Pemer, I simply cannot take credit for the work of others:

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

For which we must thank- Emma Lazarus, 1883

I'm sure Emma would have liked what you wrote.....In fact 'no' is the new 'YES'. Just don't mention the traffic or we will have Jes boasting about her new Sat-Nav!

Oh Osso, I had a premonition it would come to this; every time I have mentioned Nick Ashley the result has been the same! Mentioned once then this happened - 100% hit rate!

It grieves me so to think that two kindred souls could drift apart. We have so much in common; our love for the environment, gardening, design, animals, cooking and Italy. Why I even have a little cottage on the lake at Parco Naturale di Migliarino-San Rossore-Massaciuccoli in Lucca.

Any perceived slight was never intended and I hope you can find it within your heart to give me a hug of forgiveness. I would apologize, but in the interest of fairness I would also have to apologize to all those who have felt discombobulated; that would have to include all Republicans, Yankees, anyone living South of the Mason-Dixon line no matter who they voted for, French, Europeans, Puerto Ricans, Wandeljw et al.

But not before I give a rain check to all the hard working moderating backroom staff - Your day will come -

Take it away Wynonna Judd... you-beaut!

Pack up all your tears
Bury the past
Send them away
Don't let 'em hold you back

Love will find you again
You'll find another way to begin
And you'll trust in someone
Your day will come...

In retrospect, I think it would be easier if I just went over to the Phil Forum...
0 Replies