As an artist, if you could, would you buy your artwork back?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 08:24 pm
Ah, an art in itself, the gardens...
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:56 pm
I love gardening, I really miss having a yard.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 01:09 am
Hi, Aldistar. I am a long time gardener on some kind of sabbatical in my own yard. I design gardens and such for a living.

If I can get myself motivated, I am going to try to add a lot of garden info to the portal here at a2k.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:52 am
Cool! I am also into gardening, although, right now I have to do it in many pots (I live in an apartment.)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 10:22 am
BBB
I have only one painting that I regret not keeping. Many years ago, I painted a very large canvas for friends. They were very contemporary people who loved antiques. I combined those qualities into a beautiful and unusual abstract with antique qualities. My friends loved the painting but I have always wished I'd kept it for myself. Other professional artist friends told me I could have sold it for a lot of money, but I painted it as a gift for friends.

BBB
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 10:29 am
absolutely not;
i see art as an emotional statement, and as such is entirely cathartic in nature. The art of an artist is (whether or not it has attained this status) public domain!
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 06:31 pm
B3...There is no easy answer to parting with artwork.....I am kicking myself for 2 paintings that I did not charge big $$$$$$$$
for....I WANT THEM BACK!!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 11:52 pm
Hi, Shepaints! I think Anton is talking about his artistic wife, not me - let me see, I have the body of a 61 year old, the mind of a ..... well, a 61 year old. And yes, I mean to get back the gardening threads...
0 Replies

zincwhite

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 05:19 pm
I read the response, "like parting with a child" and now I know that I am not alone...........the only ones I want to part with are the ones I don't feel are very good, and that is probably what should not be out on display!!!
I would like to have 2 paintings back, one I gave to a boyfriend who eventually married a woman who made him give it away ( or maybe she destroyed it, I dont know, it is supposedly in Florida) and the other, a portrait of a friend who died and when his parents, one of whom is alive and has it, I would at least like to see it again, it has been so many years. So, now after a hiatus of about 10 years, I am painting and hoarding my recent work. Oh, and yeah, one my cousin took from my grandmother's house when she died. So, I guess the ones that I wish to see again are the ones which are tied to old memories of persons gone by, and the emotion that went in to the making of them.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 07:36 pm
Zincwhite, BiPolarBear started a topic recently on moving to Scotland. If I find it, I'll try to come back here and give you a link in case you'd like to see the comments or add to the information..
0 Replies