need2know?

William

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 05:56 am
Need to Know?

Who is it who does that? Determines what another needs to know? Please, anyone, tell me? It seems it all comes down to one who makes those final decisions as to what is known and what is not known. Who in the hell is that? If you notice, I said “it all comes DOWN to”, ha! That just might be a hint as to he is that does that, huh? Perhaps when He is gone we will all be UP to the occasion.

William
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,071 • Replies: 11
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 06:40 am
@William,
Quote:
Need to Know?

Who is it who does that?

That would be you. knowledge is accessible. The most important thing we learn is how to learn.
0 Replies

kennethamy

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 06:50 am
@William,
William wrote:

Need to Know?

Who is it who does that? Determines what another needs to know? Please, anyone, tell me? It seems it all comes down to one who makes those final decisions as to what is known and what is not known. Who in the hell is that? If you notice, I said “it all comes DOWN to”, ha! That just might be a hint as to he is that does that, huh? Perhaps when He is gone we will all be UP to the occasion.

William

But it is just a matter of fact that you don't need to know some things. For example, you don't need to know tensor calculus to tie your shoes. And you do not need to know that Paris is the capital of France to know that Obama is the president of the United States. So, no one decides what you need to know.
0 Replies

William

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 07:29 am
To whom it may concern, a comment I made on FACEBOOK was stricken from the record without contacting me first as to why. No private message or warning as to what I offered was made to me. It was just gone. Someone took it upon themselves to strike/erase/omit what I offered on their own.

I will admit the comment I made there was one error on my part and the last statement I made should have had a "?" rather than a "." That could have easily been resolved had they contacted me first.

That's the point I am making here. The fact that is was done is what disturbs me. Just how much freedom do we have in these particular "get to know each other" domains? Perhaps it is facebook only, that does that? That was the first time it has ever happen to me with the exception of being temporarily banned from philforum once. I wasn't contacted prior that time either.

These domains are a good thing as communication between us is so very important. If anyone offers anything that another considers inappropriate that will cause them to flag that offering, then the person who declared the statement be allowed to review it to determine if it was indeed appropriate and correct any mistakes they may have made. It will be the discussion then by those present in that final decision making process as to if it will be allowed to remain, rather than any one just striking it themselves because they may disagree or it was just against the rules.

I don't care to be ruled/governed/controlled by any one. NO ONE DOES and god help the one who does. There's a big difference in helping others and ruling them.

Tomorrow is, what is considered by some, independence day. Perhaps we are not so independent as we think we are as we soon will learn how so very dependent we are on each other for our very survival. When we do learn that, then and only then will we need no rules or regulations that command us, force us to bond and abide. We will then understand what freedom truly means and what life is and should be!?

Enjoy your day tomorrow and think of me for those of your who are BAR-B-Qing those RIBS and making all that noise with your fireworks.

Until tomorrow, have a good day and evening now. Know, no one knows what tomorrow will bring. We all will have to wait until it's here, huh!?

William
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 07:37 am
@William,
William wrote:

Need to Know?

William
Well the entertainment industry and media certainly play a part in what is "known", as far as general public consciousness is concerned.
0 Replies

William

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 06:19 pm
Sorry thack, I am not ignoring you. We were 8 minutes apart on our posts and hopefully you read my most previous one as to the why, particularly why, I composed the thread.

As to what you say about the media by definition, we are exactly that; are we not? Do we not communicate with each other!? Yes, the media of which you speak is a one-way edited stream and virtually impossible to respond to. That also tends to make one wonder who is determining what every one needs to know, huh!?

William
0 Replies

anonymous6059

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 09:24 am
@William,
I am under the current understanding that public education in the United States is for creating desirable citizens, not acknowledged individuals. Now, I am not saying this is a negative, this is how society can exist and grow, still who exactly controls what information the public will be educated in I do not know. Also, if that education is best for the individual I also do not know. However, I am sure there is some level of propaganda in the education system.
0 Replies

William

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 01:45 am
anonymous6059 wrote:

I am under the current understanding that public education in the United States is for creating desirable citizens, not acknowledged individuals. Now, I am not saying this is a negative, this is how society can exist and grow, still who exactly controls what information the public will be educated in I do not know. Also, if that education is best for the individual I also do not know. However, I am sure there is some level of propaganda in the education system.

Hello Anonymous. Thank you for your response. I think here in the United States government is the determining judge for what it taught in our public educational system?

That’s the system I really know about. I did attend one year of higher? learning that did cost, but only a year of that. Couldn’t afford any more that that and I think that is a major part of our entire educational system. If one does not have what society and the government deem appropriate the doors of learning are closed to them if they don’t have the means to enter those doors.

This is my take on our educational system here. It’s a filtering system that sets people up for the auction block! From the time they enter they are judged/graded/scored on how well they CAN obey, with very little attention to who they really are and what they do know that comes easily to them and why they have to study/cram to get those good grades. And yes you are accurate if they do; they do become desirable and they will be acknowledged.

That word, desirable, should be reserved for only two people; a man and a woman and not just any two. Hopefully they will come together. NO PUN INTENDED. Perhaps they will become attracted to each other when people stop desiring to make spectacles of themselves. They do say there’s good money in it? Damn! Perhaps being famous, popular and so known is not such a good thing.

Please understand I was a poor student and barely graduated. Ha, I cheated too. Hell, I had to. I never could seem to abide by being taught/told what I should and should not do or learn as far back as I can remember? That is one thing I do have, a good memory. No subjects for that though as many have to study like hell to learn what they are told if they want to know what is good for them.

Only an individual themselves can know what is good for them. They will naturally gravitate toward that. When another dictates what they should know, that person is veered off course and becomes a slave to the very system that programmed them and they become a commodity..................for sale. Like a stalk of corn being raise for the grist mill.

What we learn begins in the womb from the moment we enter this physical domain and that male female connection is made. In that first nine months I think all of us would be greatly surprised as to what we do learn in that limited time we do spend there before we observe the light of day; that particular event horizon. Without going in to all that we do to the young in that state, I’ll just leave it at that so I don’t lose my composure.

Anon, I am truly not familiar what is being taught in schools these days but I do know it can use a lot of improvement. Let me just say this and I have offered it before. We bring with us a program already in tack. Now who or what is doing that we will possibly never know. Now popular consensus is that one is GOD. He determines what we bring and what we don’t.

Now let’s, you and I, just believe this is true for the moment. If we did know that. how would we treat that new being? Would we not allow that one to be free to adapt and come to recognize that they were once familiar with.

It is now assumed they are nothing until we TEACH them? Of course we would not do that. We would make sure their time in that womb would be a most comfortable one. We would truly welcome that new being into this world and do all we could to allow them to continue.

The reason we don’t remember, is because that God, has STRICKEN all that was not appropriate from that ones memory/mind/record. Our educational system now keeps cramming it back into them what the highest authority as already determined is not to be known by that individual. It is forgotten and forgiven.

Now I know I ask you to believe this and you do have the freedom to determine whether you will or won’t. I ask that you think about it a lot as you observe what is happening in this world now. All of that is because many don’t believe what they are being taught or told to learn. They are just fending for themselves and surviving anyway they can. See list.

Please consider the words ADULTS ONLY and the child venturing into those domains that exist there secreted from their naturally peering view? That’s one hell of a legacy for them to look forward to. Huh? Please, no rationalizing, just think about it. It’s those same adults that are teaching our young!!!!

Now Anon let me offer what could to be done NOW. If one does enroll there child in a public educational system, in those first few years there needs to be TWO people/teachers. One man and one woman devoted to each other in each class room. Preferably young couples who have not had children but truly want to. I know finding such a couple, will not be easy. I think there should be an extended search for them so those, so very many young people who have no idea of what a loving relationship is between a man and a woman, could observe what that relationship at least looks like!

William
roger

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 03:02 am
@William,
So, what you know is limited to what you have been spoon fed? Sorry to hear that.
William

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 03:22 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

So, what you know is limited to what you have been spoon fed? Sorry to hear that.

Hello roger, considering your avatar and what your profile information says about you, and what you want others to know; I do understand why you would make such a comment. As far as what I know, I am happy to say I am blissfully ignorant and I like it like that. And I am sorry you have no idea as to what that means.

William
roger

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 04:12 am
@William,
All I can do is read what you wrote. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Do you know what you wrote means?
William

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 04:28 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

All I can do is read what you wrote. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Do you know what you wrote means?

Hello Roger, I offer. I don't argue. What I offer cannot be understood by all and it not for me to try and reach everyone. I regret the you did not understand and please don't feel bad about the fact that you didn't. What I might suggest is you copy and paste what I said and allow others to help you.

Now if you would like to be specific and identify a particular part of what I said that is confusing to you, then I might be able to help you. We can then take it step by step. You can even message me privately if you like.

Our educational system as it is, has many, many problems as it GRADES people. That is the very beginning of one becoming discriminatory and condescending. That's bad, no matter how one wishes to rationalize it. That's just one problem I didn't address.

William
0 Replies