Mame's Digression Thread

dadpad

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 05:44 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Floor tiles are exactly one foot square.

Joe(unless they aren't)Nation

purpously one foot so you dont step on the crack
A service to mothers everywhere.

(step on a crack break your mothers back)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 06:19 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
Re: Joe Nation (Post 4280159)
The one-foot-square ones are one-foot-square, Joe.

It sounds so philisophical when you say it.
Okay.
Joe(I don't want to fight.)Nation
Roberta

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 07:04 am
@Joe Nation,
Philisophical? I thought I was being pragmatic.

After all, the ones that ain't one-foot-square, ain't one-foot-square.

Ro(I don't want to fight either)berta
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 07:08 am
@Roberta,
A. $
B. 4 legged
c. two cirkel
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 11:08 pm
I meant to mention that:
when asked less then half of the people responding could explain the difference between a bicuspid and a canine.

I would say the solution would be not to ask them anything.

No wonder Lassie couldn't make them understand that Timmy was in the well.
Joe(Ruff! 'He's on the roof?' Arf! "No?! What do mean no?')Nation
Roberta

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 11:45 pm
@Joe Nation,
How many times does that stoopid kid have to fall in the well before they put a ladder in there?
roger

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 12:14 am
@Roberta,
I just checked, and by remarkable coincidence they also contain one square foot. Still checking, but that's what I come up with so far.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 04:27 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
How many times does that stoopid kid have to fall in the well before they put a ladder in there?

It's a little known fact but I wrote the original concept for the Timmy Show about the exploits of a farmboy in the 1950s. In the first episode the family collie falls down a well and Timmy, our hero, races to the farmhouse to inform his grandfather of the trouble, but the grandfather is an irritable cuss (there are hints of a drinking problem) and won't help, so Timmy has to solve the problem all on his own.

As he lifts the wet dog out of the well in a rope net he devised himself, Timmy thinks of the reward and adulation he will get for performing such a deed, but he finds none. When he and "Sassie" arrive back at the farmhouse, the old man is napping.

The final shot is a swing zoom past Timmy's upturned face as he resolves to take his life into his own hands and find ways to protect those he loves and who love him. The camera stops just behind him and zooms out to reveal the woods and the farm and the looming sunset.

Walter Brennan was slated to play the Grandfather but signed with another show just before script/pilot approval.

Other shows were going to be:
Sheep stuck in a fence.
Cow bothered by flies.
Horse stuck in a fence.
Sheep fallen down well.
You can see the possibilities were endless.

But then, just as we start shooting, somebody named Weatherwax who owned the stupid dog says

"Hey, how about if the dog saves Timmy?"
Joe(dumbest idea I ever heard of)Nation
dlowan

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 05:16 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

We can't eliminate ALL aspects of natural selection you know.

It's bad for the herd.
Mame

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 05:50 am
@Joe Nation,
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 05:56 am
I don't know where that stuff percolates from Joe, but it is brilliant
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 06:19 am
@dlowan,
dlowan

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 05:36 am
@panzade,
Heh heh heh....
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2021 02:26 pm
Did you know that ancient Egyptians shaved off their eyebrows when their cats died as a sign of mourning and that peanuts are one of the ingredients used to make dynamite?

Source: The Best of Uncle John's bathroom reader, pp 148 & 149.
Mame

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2021 02:28 pm
Sadly, I miss a lot of the people in this thread. But on the positive side, since they're not here, we can talk about them behind their backs!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2021 02:30 pm
@Mame,
One of my step uncles in California used to play with dynamite the same way kids play with firecrackers. He once caused an explosion so strong out in his Mom's orchard it was felt all the way in town. The town government made it illegal to blast without permission after that.
Mame

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2021 03:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
Every 2 weeks I go to my son's house to make them dinner. I'm going next Thursday to show him how to make prawn tempura and sushi rolls. He loves to cook. Last time we made Moroccan Chicken and the time before that we made Gordon Ramsay's Fiery Lamb Shanks (yum).

The original jukeboxes came with earphones - only one person could listen at a time.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2021 04:06 pm
@Mame,
I once caused a restaurant to remove a record from the jukebox. Every day I came in for coffee and to listen to Roy Orbison's In Dreams. The fourth time I came in it was gone. Moved my coffee business elsewhere.
Mame

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2021 04:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
I loved Roy Orbison - what a voice!

My husband planted 4 rows of beans this year but only 40% have come up. Last year none did. Weird, since my plants are all doing very well.
Mame

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2021 05:23 pm
@Mame,
Holy crap. I was just on my deck (had to put garden crocs on, it was so hot) to water my plants and garden, which I already did twice today, and I see it's 31 deg! At 5: pm! Same for tomorrow. Mon and Tues will be 35 and 37, respectively.

I was out there for 4 minutes and could feel a sunburn starting. Very unusual weather for where I am. Central BC - yes, Here - no.

This morning, before it got too hot, I refilled the bird baths, picked up dog poop and hot-footed it back inside.

I like it at about 18 - 20... this is just way too hot for me.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:11:46