Where Are My Fellow Refugees?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 02:36 pm
@Arjuna,
Arjuna wrote:
I don't have a right to anything that someone else has a right to take away from me. -- Jefferson

Yea, so Robert made a good point: a philosophy forum isn't a money making opportunity. That suggests that a subscription based arrangement with by-laws would allow a group of people to set their own course.

Obviously the group would never form in the first place if people had to pay for it. So the latter-day emergence of a sense of right comes from what?

These and many other probing philobabble questions could be asked. 'Course it would help if there was an atmosphere of giving a hoot, as opposed to the bar being set at seeing how clever a one-liner I can come up with.

I think Robert meant no more or less than to preserve a philosophy forum and manage it in a way that it would be self perpetuating like a helium balloon as opposed to a led zeppelin. I admire that. But I have to say: this forum lacks something that I believe would be necessary for a community to explore philosophy. In a word: Moderators.

I find A2K to be a more fun forum,
for the addition of the people from Philforum.

David
Arjuna

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 09:21 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I find A2K to be a more fun forum,
for the addition of the people from Philforum.

David
That's cool. I'd appreciate your sharing your philosophy of law and/or thoughts about the Constitution.

If it could be tagged philosophy, I'd find it easily. I'm still half lost around here most of the time. Very Happy
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 10:39 am
Hi!

Where is everyone now?

Kind regards!
Mark...
Reyn

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 11:12 am
@mark noble,
Moved onto greener pastures?
mark noble