Was there any moment which made you proudly say, "Thats my Kid!!'' ??

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:32 am
there must be times that make you feel nice about your kids, proud about having a child may be because he just loves you a lot, may be because he is good at studies or good at sports or something like that.

Just go ahead and express your love towards him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 959 • Replies: 11
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 07:59 am
@versatile,
Eek. I have a whole thread on this, pretty much.

What about you, though?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:44 pm
Hi versatile,

Last September I saw my kid win at the L.A. County Fair. It was only in the petting zoo section, but I was so proud to see him standing there with his ribbon.

Do you have any successes to share?

BTW: Does anyone know what a female goat is called?
0 Replies

versatile

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 01:32 am
@sozobe:
opps... sorry didnt know even you had a similar thread..but now that even i have a thread can you share any of your latest experiences?

@sozobe and @tryagain:
I have a kid of 8years and i am proud of him because he is good at painting and is very creative with it. He has also won First prize in 'Amchi Mumbai painting competition' that is held for kids all over Mumbai.
wayne

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 01:37 am
When I attended my daughters' high school graduation, I thought that I was there for Her, but when they shouted out her name WITH HONORS, I realized I was there for me.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 02:23 am
@wayne,
You let them SHOUT at your precious ?
wayne

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 02:32 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
They were shouting at me. Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 07:04 am
@versatile,
Oh, no, I didn't mean that my thread is a duplicate, just that I already talk about my own kid a lot.

Latest: she's on the softball team, second year, doing OK but not a stand-out. She was goofing around at warm-ups before a tournament game and asked a friend of hers, the star pitcher, how to pitch. (She'd never pitched before, ever.) She was shown how. She threw a pitch. Perfect. Star pitcher's eyes got very big... was she sure she'd never done this before? Nope. Pitch two -- perfect. Pitch three -- the coach was called over, then took my kid over to the side to keep practicing.

Evidently she's a natural. Who knew.

When I saw all this happening I was very, very worried that she'd be put in to play in the game (even if she was pitching well for 15 minutes of her entire life, that doesn't mean she'd do well in the game, and it was an important game!) She wasn't, but she's supposed to show up early for the NEXT game and practice with the coach and if that goes well, she may pitch an inning.

So I'm proud of her just in terms of the unexpected prowess but mostly that she went for it (pitching is high-pressure and nobody asked her or told her to try it) and that she's so thrilled with the possibility. Happy about the confidence level. (Though still concerned that she'll find a game situation very different from a practice situation and will tank spectacularly. Ah well, we'll see.)
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 07:44 am
@sozobe,
I do not have children myself, but my mother turned into a daughter to me by Alzheimer. Anyway, she managed to point out the beauty of Nature to me. Till last year... Crying or Very sad
sozobe

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 07:45 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

I do not have children myself, but my mother turned into a daughter to me by Alzheimer.

Aw... I know what you mean by that, nicely put. Sorry you're having to deal with that though, Pepi.
0 Replies

versatile

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:01 pm
@ pepi:
I agree with sozobe..nicely put!! God bless!!
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 12:26 am
@versatile,
It was true, till the end she noticed Live.
0 Replies