Abortion?

Seer Travis Truman

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 09:49 pm
@Seer Travis Truman,
MORE MATERIAL RE ABORTION :
(This thread is for abortion, not the clones argument, not regarding lies. Lets try and keep it on track.)

Another point : If the "fetus" is really a part of a woman's body, how come it is attacked by the women's immune system and has to be protected via the placenta?

QUOTE : "Fetal-Blocking Antibodies work to protect the baby from the mother's immune system".........

Why is it that if the placenta fails, the womans immune system attacks the child.

Some basic information :

Causes

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...i?artid=305337
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 01:10 am
@Seer Travis Truman,

Problems with these arguments:

1. never said it wasn't alive.

2. Even fully grown adults have a lot of inactive DNA.

3. My argument was that it wasn't a "human being", a cell cannot be a human being, because human beings have inter-working systems, whereas the cell is just a cell.

4. This is just silly, if by the arguers point we are human because we have 46 chromosomes then those with downs-syndrome aren't human by this man's logic.

5. I don't see what relevance this has.

6. Interact? Does you suppose DNA communicates with other strands of DNA? How do you determine if the DNA is "interacting"? How does DNA interact? Does it send out little radio signals, or is it just psychic? Nor does something have to be a body part to be part of the body. EX: mucus.

----------------------------------------

there I answered your stupid questions now here is mine:

1. How do we determine our population? If a person is a person at the moment of conception, then we need to seriously re-evaluate how we calculate the number of persons world-wide. How do we track each conception? Have women make daily doctor visits to check? Implement some sort of required daily home test?

2.3.4.5. Should fertilized eggs and embryos get social security numbers? What benefits should they be entitled to?

6.7.8.9. Should women be liable in civil court to the estates of their fetuses or fertilized eggs? Say a woman miscarries, or her egg never implants, and one can make the argument that her actions (drinking a glass of wine or horseback riding or not eating properly or being overweight) contributed to the miscarriage or non-implantation. Should she be liable?

10. What about men? How do we establish the paternity of a fertilized egg? What obligations do men have to the eggs they fertilize?

0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 01:16 am
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;68259 wrote:
Numpty, the Seer of Forbidden Truth is always a liar. It is Superior to deceive, as long as one golden rule is never violated.

I must never lie, delude or ignore a Truth to Myself. As long as I internally know what the Truth is, I a not deluding Myself.

The Superior always approaches a situation in such a way as to see what he or she wants, and how to acheive that goal. He never feels obligated to care or consider the other person.

An example :
A) To make a decision based on the god myth or a christian principal. That is a lie, and a lie to Myself. That is unacceptable. That is a betrayal of Self.

B) To lie to another person "Oh, I believe in the god creature and the christian moral principals" in order to manipulate that person into letting his guard down, in order to steal his wallet is a perfectly Truth-based thing to do. It is NOT a betrayal of Self. As long as you DID lie to the other person, and long as you never beleived in or made action because of the god creature myth then that is not a lie to you.

Another example : The pig thugs ask Me whether I committed a certain crime. I can lie, and still be real to the Truth in Myself. It only if I lied to Me, only if I did not recognise and embrace a Forbidden Truth that matters.

Whatever!!!

You really have become quite boring of late. I used to enjoy your delusions, now it's just the same old tripe day after day.

Got anything new?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 01:20 am
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;68259 wrote:
Numpty, the Seer of Forbidden Truth is always a liar. It is Superior to deceive, as long as one golden rule is never violated.

Then why should we trust anything you say?
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 09:49 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Ok, ff. I will answer this half, then I will rebutt your inferior arguments in the second half. The reason simply is I want to "finish" off what has already started. Expect My reply to the second half no later than 40 hours from now.

1. never said it wasn't alive.
The document does not refer to you, but at least we get that straight.

come on, ff. That is no analogy. Fully grown adults are not skin cells, and those inactive DNA parts are inactive in all the cells, whereas a hair has inactive parts that the organism does not.

You asked "why is a barber not tried for mass murder for cutting my hair". You tried to say that a hair (not human cell) was an anlogy to killing the organism as a whole. Q : Are you saying that a "foetus" is not a whole organism, just a part of one? Yes or no, ff?

That is a reply, not a rebuttal. You did not know the scientific reason why hair was not a human organism even though it had human DNA. You ARE trying to argue that a skin cell is analogoues with a zygote simply because we rfer to both as cells, where they are 2 different things.

3. My argument was that it wasn't a "human being", a cell cannot be a human being, because human beings have inter-working systems, whereas the cell is just a cell.

A cell is not a human being, ff. But a zygote is not like any other "cell", because it has all 46 choromosomes, and all the DNA active. This can only be if an organism is a whole, not a part.

Again, you are trying to equate "cells" such as skin cells as being analogous to the zygote. They share a label, that is all. That is just a language term, not a scientific fact.

Cells are not genetically human, ff. None of them are. By your reasoning, if we can find something that "does not fit", then it is false. That is what you claim, and yet your analogy does not fit between a zygote and a cell at any practicle level.

You ARE trying to argue that a zygote is not human, dont try and claim you dont.

Failed again.

4. This is just silly, if by the arguers point we are human because we have 46 chromosomes then those with downs-syndrome aren't human by this man's logic.
No, ff. Every human being has 46 chromosomes, where as sperm etc has only 23. That shows us that sperm is not genetically human. It cannot be argued that sperm is a whole organism because some people have down's syndrome.

Yes, there are exceptions to the rule, but there is a REASON to account for these exceptions. Whereas, your agument cannot do same. In downs syndrome, the person has a known genetic defect that causes him or her to have three copies of a chromosome #21, given them an extra chromosome.
That is accounted for, ff.

They dont REALLY have an extra NEW choromome, just 2 extra copies of the same human chromosome. That is a specific and technical exception, that has a specific reason as to why, unlike your attempt to pretend a zygote is not genetically human.

Problem : By your suggested reasoning that chromosomes cannot be used to determine species, you would have to contend that sperm is a whole human organism, because you cannot exclude sperm as a whole organism by account of the number of choromosomes it has. Yet sperm is clearly not the whole organism. Well?

That is not a succint reply, ff. That is a cop-out and we both know it. You are trying to contend that the science od determining species based on chromosomes is false, even though YOU used it against carico about the fossils.

You replied, but failed to answer the point.

5. I don't see what relevance this has.
Some people argue that, you did not, so we can ignore #5.

6. Interact? Does you suppose DNA communicates with other strands of DNA? How do you determine if the DNA is "interacting"? How does DNA interact? Does it send out little radio signals, or is it just psychic?
1) It constantly replicates itself. Mother never replicates a WombTrappedLifeForms DNA.
2) Every scientist and biology journal is the world PROVES that DNA in a single organism interacts with the organism. The fact that all the cells in the WTLF and mother "ignore" each other should tell you something.

Since your pretend to know biology (even though you did not realise that a human hair was not genetically human and not anlogoes to an entire ogranism), here is a nice beginners site for you to learn about DNA interaction with the organism (HINT : The interaction is never BETWEEN organisms) :

NOVA Online | Cracking the Code of Life | Journey into DNA (non-Flash)

Nor does so mething have to be a body part to be part of the body. EX: mucus.
A part of the body and a body part are the same thing to the point in question in that mucus is ALSO not a whole human organism, ff.

What you do is make and endless stream of false claims, ff. The abortion claim is never justified.

PS - After I answer the 2nd half, how bout answering why the mother's own immune sytem identfies and attacks the WTLD as foreign?
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 10:26 am
@Seer Travis Truman,
Reply to ff
there I answered your stupid questions now here is mine:
You only typed a reply, as usual you did not answer the point. You played a word game.

1. How do we determine our population? If a person is a person at the moment of conception, then we need to seriously re-evaluate how we calculate the number of persons world-wide. How do we track each conception? Have women make daily doctor visits to check? Implement some sort of required daily home test?
That logistics of population statistics do not change the obvious and True fact that a WTLD (zygote/foetus) is human, and science also says it is human. To suggest that a difficulty in determining population levels on a week-toweek basis (when the stats are realesed per annum anyway) renders the fact that they WTLF is human is ridiculous and shallow argument.

Take crickets. Are they alive? Yes. Are they all members of the same species? Yes. Can humans keep tabs of thier absolute numbers? NO!

Come on, ff.

Some as above. Death rate statistic logistics are do NOT and CANNOT change the FACT that these ARE deaths.

FF, that does not matter either. See above. There are deaths of adults that are not investigated, ff, such as a person who goes missing and is dead in the sea. Does that mean that they are still alive? Of course not. Even so, the REASON why they are investigated is because they might have been murdered. A used tampon, and an egg CANNOT be murdered, that is why they are not investigated. Just deperate and pathetic argument now, ff.

Life or humanity<>Police investigation. This is worse than I imagined.

No, I do not comment whther it should be illegal or not, just whether it is a unjustifaible and needless murder or not.

That is not an abortion, ff. It DOES die, but it is dying because of human intervention. It died, the abortion kills what would have lived.

The FEpeople are being murdered. It is just not an abortion-form of murder, and that is the topic, not AIDS and FEpeople.

I would certainly argue that the research into any desease or malfuntion of the female's body causing the death of the zygote should be made so as to save its life. I also argue that any tampering with the natural reproductive systems that result in death are murders.

Strawman, job. There is no analogy. The fert. egg is not being willfully killed deliberaltely when it could have lived, and so is not an abortion.

5. Should fertilized eggs and embryos get social security numbers? What benefits should they be entitled to?
Grow up. You can murder and kill something that does not have a social Sec number. What about tribal indians, or mexicans. These often do not have SCN, but they are human and can be murdered. Strawman job.

If it was known to be a danger, then yes, action should be taken.

The legal system;s ability to prosecute abortion murders does NOT change the fact that they ARE abortion murders. Your examples may not be abortion murders, so those are off topic garbage. This argument is WHICH acts are abortions, NOT WHETHER OR NOT ABORTIONS ARE MURDERS. Nice try. I can answer, but that is for another thread.

Legal games do not change scientific facts, ff. In each case, if the woman INTENDED to miscarriage, then she murders the WTLF. Simple. That is not the topic. The topic is : IS abortion murder. Is murder immoral?

I told you, the law has nothing to do with it. Strawman job. IF the woman has an abortion, that is the murder of the WTLF. Society is responsible. What the "justice system" chooses to do with the matter has no impact on whether or not it is MURDER.
Analogy : What about other cases where it is clearly a murder, and the system cannot convict, such as a murder when the evidence was not ruled to be admissible because it is from the spouse (or other reason)? Does a lack of jail time mean that he did not commit the murder? No. Go home.

What is that? A strawman. Abortion is murder. The "feotus" "uses" the woman's body because that is what nature made it do. THAT IS UNAVIODABLE. What you suggest is human and artificial, and ridiculous.
More importantly, that does NOT render the facts that make abortion murder invalid in any way.

Again, these are all CASES WHERE it is disputed (coorectly or otherwise) whether or not the matter IS an abortion or not. This is NOT related to whether or not abortions are murder, fetus is a living human etc. No argument. Moot points.

Abortions are murders, as they kill the child. As I already told you, these FACTS never can be changed. However, a woman could justify murdering her WTLF if HER life was going to be at proven serious risk from a pregnancy. That is just a justifiable abortion-murder, but still and abortion-murder. That would NOT change the facts of what abortion entails. Strawman, that is not the issue at hand and you know it. I already answered that one.

Take them back and get a "refund". Just fo not pass "GO" when you do.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 11:58 am
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;68274 wrote:

Fully grown adults are not skin cells,

Yeah, that's what I've been saying the whole time.

Quote:
and those inactive DNA parts are inactive in all the cells, whereas a hair has inactive parts that the organism does not.

You're begging the question...you're assuming the truth of the very thing being argued and launching an argument based on that assumption.

Quote:
You asked "why is a barber not tried for mass murder for cutting my hair". You tried to say that a hair (not human cell) was an anlogy to killing the organism as a whole. Q : Are you saying that a "foetus" is not a whole organism, just a part of one? Yes or no, ff?

I see, it must be "bring up questions that were already answered a month ago", day.

Quote:
That is a reply, not a rebuttal. You did not know the scientific reason why hair was not a human organism even though it had human DNA.

It was a rhetorical question! Do you know what a rhetorical question is? Apparently not.

Quote:
You ARE trying to argue that a skin cell is analogoues with a zygote simply because we rfer to both as cells, where they are 2 different things.

I can list a number of reasons why a skin cell or hair cell is not a human being and sadly enough most of those reasons also apply to zygote.

Yes a zygote has human DNA, that's been established, but other than that the zygote is essentially --just a cell! It does not have a soul, it does not have rights, it does not have memory, and it does not feel pain.

Quote:

A cell is not a human being, ff. But a zygote is not like any other "cell", because it has all 46 choromosomes,

Most cells do have 46 chromosomes.

fail!

Quote:
and all the DNA active.

This is incorrect. A zygote does not have all of it's DNA active. No human being or human cell on earth has all of it's DNA active.

Quote:
Again, you are trying to equate "cells" such as skin cells as being analogous to the zygote. They share a label, that is all. That is just a language term, not a scientific fact.

No it's a matter of structure.

> Does a cell have a brain, arms, and legs?

> Does a human being have a membrane or a nucleus?

Besides DNA what does a zygote and a human being have in common?

Quote:
Cells are not genetically human, ff. None of them are.

I think you should tell that to a Crime Scene Investigator and then see how hard they laugh at you.

Quote:
By your reasoning, if we can find something that "does not fit", then it is false.

huh?

Quote:
That is what you claim, and yet your analogy does not fit between a zygote and a cell at any practicle level.

A zygote is a cell.

Quote:
You ARE trying to argue that a zygote is not human, dont try and claim you dont.

I've been constantly saying the exact opposite. Do you listen?

I've been distinguishing between a human and a human being.

Human (Adjective)= something with the likeness of or characterized by human beings

Human being (Noun)= a person.

Quote:
No, ff. Every human being has 46 chromosomes,

WRONG!

many people with downs syndrome have 47 chromosomes

Down syndrome: Definition from Answers.com

Quote:
where as sperm etc has only 23. That shows us that sperm is not genetically human. It cannot be argued that sperm is a whole organism because some people have down's syndrome.

Yes it can, because the number of chromosomes does not determine if someone is a person or not.

Quote:
Yes, there are exceptions to the rule, but there is a REASON to account for these exceptions. Whereas, your agument cannot do same. In downs syndrome, the person has a known genetic defect that causes him or her to have three copies of a chromosome #21, given them an extra chromosome.
That is accounted for, ff.

Yes, we know WHY some people have extra chromosomes, but that doesn't justify your exclusion.

We also know WHY sperm and eggs have 23 chromosomes, so why can't we exclude them as well?

Quote:

They dont REALLY have an extra NEW choromome, just 2 extra copies of the same human chromosome. That is a specific and technical exception, that has a specific reason as to why, unlike your attempt to pretend a zygote is not genetically human.

No, there is only 1 extra, which is why they have 47 and not 48 chromosomes

This is caused by nondisjunction of the sperm or egg.

But whatever the cause I don't see how this justifies it for exclusion.

Quote:
Problem : By your suggested reasoning that chromosomes cannot be used to determine species, you would have to contend that sperm is a whole human organism, because you cannot exclude sperm as a whole organism by account of the number of choromosomes it has. Yet sperm is clearly not the whole organism. Well?

No the sperm is not a human being for other reasons, it does not have have various interworking biological systems, it does not have a heart, or a brain, it does not feel pain, it does not have memory etc... the same reasons why a zygote is not a human being.

Also note that there are other species that do in fact also have 46 chromosomes, should we consider the European hare and Mountain Beaver are as human beings as well?

according to Dana Krempels, Ph.D. at allexperts.com

"It is not the *number* of chromosomes that determines a species' identity, but the *information* encoded therein. Chromosome number is relevant to evolution only in that it may allow us to determine whether closely related species may have differentiated, in part, due to chromosomal mutations that may affect chromosome number."

Quote:
That is not a succint reply, ff. That is a cop-out and we both know it. You are trying to contend that the science od determining species based on chromosomes is false, even though YOU used it against carico about the fossils.

We don't determine species by the "number" of chromosomes, read the reply above.

Your understanding of taxonomy is desiring.

Quote:
6. Interact? Does you suppose DNA communicates with other strands of DNA? How do you determine if the DNA is "interacting"? How does DNA interact? Does it send out little radio signals, or is it just psychic?
1) It constantly replicates itself. Mother never replicates a WombTrappedLifeForms DNA.
2) Every scientist and biology journal is the world PROVES that DNA in a single organism interacts with the organism. The fact that all the cells in the WTLF and mother "ignore" each other should tell you something.

You didn't answer my questions.

Quote:
Since your pretend to know biology

I am no expert, but I know a hell of a lot more than you do.

You didn't know that some people have 47 chromosomes.
You didn't know what either mitosis or meiosis was.
You didn't know how asexual organisms reproduced.
You didn't know that body cells have inactive parts of DNA (until you read that website)
You didn't know that fully grown adults also have inactive DNA
You didn't know that clones have identical DNA or how clones are made.
You didn't know what nondisjunction was.
You still don't know how taxonomists determine different species

Quote:

(even though you did not realise that a human hair was not genetically human and not anlogoes to an entire ogranism)

And yet you continually demonstrate that you have no understanding of what a rhetorical question is. Yes, continue to parade your ignorance.

Quote:
, here is a nice beginners site for you to learn about DNA interaction with the organism (HINT : The interaction is never BETWEEN organisms) :

NOVA Online | Cracking the Code of Life | Journey into DNA (non-Flash)

The argument made was that the of the mother should Interact with that of the child.

Quote:
Nor does so mething have to be a body part to be part of the body. EX: mucus.
A part of the body and a body part are the same thing

No they are not.

A body part is an organized structure of the same or similar cells that makeup one of the functions of the body.

EX: eyeballs, fingers, heart, bones etc...

whereas a "part of the body" is something that makes up the body but does not necessarily fall into the category listed above.

Quote:
to the point in question in that mucus is ALSO not a whole human organism, ff.

Mucus is nether a human being nor a body part.

Quote:
What you do is make and endless stream of false claims, ff. The abortion claim is never justified.

Why because you strongly disagree?

Quote:
PS - After I answer the 2nd half, how bout answering why the mother's own immune sytem identfies and attacks the WTLD as foreign?

Yeah, those are called miscarriages. Miscarriages happen much later after the development of the zygote.

Nice try though.

Here is an [SIZE="4"]A+[/SIZE] for your effort.

:rollinglaugh:
0 Replies

kynaston

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:06 am
@JBeukema,
IS anyone in favour of abortion? The choice is between reasonably effective abortion, mother-life-threatening back-street abortion such as was previously normal and absolute female slavery in a total police-state. It's never any good trying to bully people into doing what they KNOW is wrong, like giving birth to an unwanted child.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 08:13 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;68301 wrote:
IS anyone in favour of abortion? The choice is between reasonably effective abortion, mother-life-threatening back-street abortion such as was previously normal and absolute female slavery in a total police-state. It's never any good trying to bully people into doing what they KNOW is wrong, like giving birth to an unwanted child.

True, but this is not a good argument because the pro-life side has argued that abortion is akin to murder, so let us entertain this analogy here for a moment.

You could make this same argument for legalized murder, would it be alright if there was a gov-sponsored program to humanely murder people you don't like, simply because illegal "back-alley" murders are less safe and less humane than gov-sponsored murders?

Because people are gonna murder eachother anyway, right?

Should we allow immoral actions to continue for the purpose of making them safer and more humane? To me it seems that the questions of morality should always take precedence over questions of practicality, wouldn't you agree?

This is why I think your particular line of argumentation is flawed.

--
By the way, I'm just playing DEVIL'S ADVOCATE here! I've straddled both sides in the abortion debate so I can see arguments on both sides.
kynaston

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 09:14 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;68306 wrote:
True, but this is not a good argument because the pro-life side has argued that abortion is akin to murder, so let us entertain this analogy here for a moment.

You could make this same argument for legalized murder, would it be alright if there was a gov-sponsored program to humanely murder people you don't like, simply because illegal "back-alley" murders are less safe and less humane than gov-sponsored murders?

Because people are gonna murder eachother anyway, right?

Should we allow immoral actions to continue for the purpose of making them safer and more humane? To me it seems that the questions of morality should always take precedence over questions of practicality, wouldn't you agree?

This is why I think your particular line of argumentation is flawed.

--
By the way, I'm just playing DEVIL'S ADVOCATE here! I've straddled both sides in the abortion debate so I can see arguments on both sides.

No - it's not equivalent, because the potential 'back-street' murderer hasn't otherwise got to carry the victim around for nine months and be (almost certainly) responsible for him/her for years and years thereafter, nor is the victim likely to without language or any other social skills unless taught by the murderer. What's more (unless you insist on arming nutters to the teeth) murders are not very common in civilised countries, whereas unwanted pregnancies are.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 01:58 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;68313 wrote:
No - it's not equivalent, because the potential 'back-street' murderer hasn't otherwise got to carry the victim around for nine months and be (almost certainly) responsible for him/her for years and years thereafter, nor is the victim likely to without language or any other social skills unless taught by the murderer. What's more (unless you insist on arming nutters to the teeth) murders are not very common in civilised countries, whereas unwanted pregnancies are.

I don't understand what your argument is. Are you saying because the mother has a greater responsibility to the unborn child that she is more entitled to murder it (assuming abortion is murder- for the sake of argument)?

You do realize that mothers often do murder their children (post birth), whom they are responsible for years and years, and this is still considered illegal, right?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but rather I dispute your reasoning.
kynaston

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 07:01 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;68319 wrote:
I don't understand what your argument is. Are you saying because the mother has a greater responsibility to the unborn child that she is more entitled to murder it (assuming abortion is murder- for the sake of argument)?

You do realize that mothers often do murder their children (post birth), whom they are responsible for years and years, and this is still considered illegal, right?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but rather I dispute your reasoning.

I'd call the execution of grown-ups cold-hearted vengeance-killing, which is worse than murder, and the US seems to find that acceptable. The nearer an unborn child gets to being human the more people object to terminating its development, obviously, but an unborn child can hardly be murdered any more than a fish can. The mother has responsibility for a wanted child after it's born. For a country that kills and kills and kills real people I think the US is almost unbelievably hypocritical about this issue.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 12:51 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;68336 wrote:
I'd call the execution of grown-ups cold-hearted vengeance-killing, which is worse than murder, and the US seems to find that acceptable. The nearer an unborn child gets to being human the more people object to terminating its development, obviously, but an unborn child can hardly be murdered any more than a fish can.The mother has responsibility for a wanted child after it's born. For a country that kills and kills and kills real people I think the US is almost unbelievably hypocritical about this issue.

Well, I'm not really gonna argue over whether abortion is murder. Pro-lifers often argue that abortion is murder, and in the face of such statements your particular line of argumentation did not seem to effectively support your position.

I was really just asking for a clarification of your argument with my previous question.
kynaston

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 01:07 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;68341 wrote:
Well, I'm not really gonna argue over whether abortion is murder. Pro-lifers often argue that abortion is murder, and in the face of such statements your particular line of argumentation did not seem to effectively support your position.

I was really just asking for a clarification of your argument with my previous question.

Fine. I'm no fan of abortion, but I think people are entitled to control of their own bodies. More to the point, I think that it is silly of people to rant about what they can't prevent - just makes for unpleasantness. And I don't for a moment suggest you do that, by the way.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 07:28 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;68342 wrote:
Fine. I'm no fan of abortion, but I think people are entitled to control of their own bodies. More to the point, I think that it is silly of people to rant about what they can't prevent - just makes for unpleasantness. And I don't for a moment suggest you do that, by the way.

I understand I'm just playing devil's advocate. My position on abortion is a bit complicated. I am pro-choice up until a certain stage in development, and after this certain point I think abortion should be avoided whenever possible.
0 Replies