Koko Dozo, Polarity/1 & Danny Schechter Present "The Home Sweet Home Project"

bwsmile

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 02:37 am

A call to arms against the predatory financial industry that brought us the housing & credit crisis

Koko Dozo will headline a diverse gang of committed. Focused on the legalized loan-sharking that has fueled the subprime crisis and predatory credit card practices and school loans.

LINE-UP:

* Koko Dozo, w/ special guest & MC, La Bruja
* Brooklyn's Soulchild Theophilus London (norm Rex)
* Joe Bendik
* One Word Song
* William Rottman
* Prez Powerz
* Mammi-ama Ofori

Reality Check by Danny Schechter 'The News Dissector,' journalist, Emmy award-winning filmmaker, author and agitator

WHEN: Wednesday, October 1st, 2008
WHERE: Public Assembly (formerly known as Galapagos)
10 N. 6th Street
between Kent and Wythe Aves.
Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Subway Line: L to Bedford Ave.

The Home Sweet Home Project
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,224 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Numpty

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 03:42 am
@bwsmile,
bwsmile;60388 wrote:

A call to arms against the predatory financial industry that brought us the housing & credit crisis

Koko Dozo will headline a diverse gang of committed, pissed-off musicians out to get YOU pissed. Focused on the legalized loan-sharking that has fueled the subprime crisis and predatory credit card practices and school loans.

LINE-UP:

* Koko Dozo, w/ special guest & MC, La Bruja
* Brooklyn's Soulchild Theophilus London (norm Rex)
* Joe Bendik
* One Word Song
* William Rottman
* Prez Powerz
* Mammi-ama Ofori

Reality Check by Danny Schechter 'The News Dissector,' journalist, Emmy award-winning filmmaker, author and agitator

WHEN: Wednesday, October 1st, 2008
WHERE: Public Assembly (formerly known as Galapagos)
10 N. 6th Street
between Kent and Wythe Aves.
Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Subway Line: L to Bedford Ave.

The Home Sweet Home Project

How about taking resposibility for your own actions. No-one forced these people to get mortgages or go to loan sharks. No your limits and don't exceed them, it called budgeting, they should have tried it.
amybdoogie

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 08:53 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;60392 wrote:
How about taking resposibility for your own actions. No-one forced these people to get mortgages or go to loan sharks. No your limits and don't exceed them, it called budgeting, they should have tried it.

How about learning to spell know, as opposed to No?

Blessed are those who learn to read and write, for they shall inherit the Earth
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 09:51 am
@amybdoogie,
amybdoogie;60403 wrote:
How about learning to spell know, as opposed to No?

Blessed are those who learn to read and write, for they shall inherit the Earth

Grammar Nazi = Red herring
amybdoogie

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 09:56 am
@bwsmile,
Mmmmm......Herring.....

What are you getting at...sir?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:06 am
@amybdoogie,
amybdoogie;60405 wrote:
Mmmmm......Herring.....

What are you getting at...sir?

I'm telling you to stay on topic and not worry about grammar as it does not affect the conversation (when you understand what is said).
amybdoogie

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:16 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Okay on topic we go.

I'm in this concert. If you really believe that the entire problem are the people who shouldn't have gotten the loans, then perhaps you should question the people who sold them to them? Are they not at fault at all?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 11:28 am
@amybdoogie,
amybdoogie;60411 wrote:
Okay on topic we go.

I'm in this concert. If you really believe that the entire problem are the people who shouldn't have gotten the loans, then perhaps you should question the people who sold them to them? Are they not at fault at all?

for irresponsible spending of their customers?
0 Replies

amybdoogie

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 11:30 am
@bwsmile,
Let me guess...you have lots of money, right? Cause only someone with that much cashflow, could be that imperious.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 11:31 am
@amybdoogie,
amybdoogie;60414 wrote:
Let me guess...you have lots of money, right? Cause only someone with that much cashflow, could be that imperious.

and you would be wrong.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 01:05 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;60404 wrote:
Grammar Nazi = Red herring
Like you've never?
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 05:56 am
@amybdoogie,
amybdoogie;60414 wrote:

Far from it, however I did not over stretch to get my mortgage, i don't have a single Credit card, i have one small loan which I used to buy the Family car and try to watch what I spend. I like alot of people have moments of 'weakness' when I 'must' have something. However mine arn't about to cost me my house.

The banking world should indeed hold it's head in shame for being so free with the money they dished out, but the public has to shoulder some of the responsibility for being so damn greedy. When you are at this gig walk around and ask how many people borrowed more than they could afford to pay back, if any lied on their mortgage application to get a few more grand, you may well be supprised to find more people than you would like to admit who are simply blaming the big bankers for their own inability to show restraint and budget effectively.

And please accept my scincere appologies for being schooled in a local Comprehensive School. English was not my strong point, but hey maybe math is, thats why i still got a house huh?Very Happy
0 Replies