cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 04:29 pm
@JLNobody,
Fungus?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 04:40 pm
@Cyracuz,
Wonderful insight, Cyracuz. "Buddhism"can be abandoned as an expression of ZEN buddhism, indeed--as I see it--as a paradoxical act of the purest Buddhism. Smile
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 04:40 pm
This thread has been hijacked by Buddhists. Does anyone else have anything to say?

Isn't the purpose of life to serve the Lord Jesus Christ?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 04:57 pm
@maxdancona,
No, religion is not the purpose of human life. Human life is to survive, be honest, treat all humans with equality, and share any good fortune you may have with others.
Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 05:13 pm
@JLNobody,
I've already gotten it that you are full of **** when it comes to Buddhism--your attitude toward mushrooms is of no interest to me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 05:14 pm
We haven't heard from the Pastafarians, either.
0 Replies

Procrustes

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Human life is to survive

Recently I watched a program on euthanasia. When I think about it, I'd like to die if I had something that completely diminished my way of life. So I guess, there are exceptions to that statment and therefore not the be all and end all purpose to human life.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:29 pm
@Procrustes,
Survival means survival as a species. After you have successfully produced offspring you no longer have to survive as an individual.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:48 pm
@Procrustes,
There are always exceptions, but the survival of the species will go on regardless of individual self-destruction or giving up the will to live.
Procrustes

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:50 pm
@maxdancona,
Sorry, I wasn't at the "produce offspring and you can die" life class. Honestly, what about those who can't produce offspring? Or those who don't even survive brith? What was their purpose? (By the way, that's not even a question in my mind)

If it is about survival of the species then I would understand why people are so caught up in reproducing an already overpopulated planet... The more the merrier, right?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:53 pm
@Procrustes,
It's not a matter of "more the merrier." Sex is a natural driving force for most animal species regardless of ability to feed the offspring or not.
Procrustes

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Has it ever occured to you that the idea of a species surviving at any cost, is what might cause the destruction of a species to survive? Just a thought...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:55 pm
@Procrustes,
Nature will take care of it.
Procrustes

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
But we humans have a faculty in our brain to actually plan things. But it's obvious most like sex to reproduce. I would also say it's culturally ingrained in some places. Before the one child policy, China for instance, considered having a big family as being equal to being wealthy and rich.
Procrustes

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, nature will take care of all the turds being flushed away into the ocean...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:31 pm
@Procrustes,
There was a period when many countries went through the same phenomenon of big families. When China implemented the one child law, many Chinese practiced infanticide when a girl was born. India still practices infanticide when girls are born, because the mother feels too much of a burden to save for a dowry.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:43 pm
@Procrustes,
Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't at the "produce offspring and you can die" life class. Honestly, what about those who can't produce offspring? Or those who don't even survive brith? What was their purpose? (By the way, that's not even a question in my mind)

I don´t have any answers for your questions, do you? Perhaps there aren´t any. Are you suggesting that every person has to have a purpose?

Quote:

If it is about survival of the species then I would understand why people are so caught up in reproducing an already overpopulated planet... The more the merrier, right?

Overcrowding or not, if humans stop reproducing for even one single generation, that´s it for the species, right?

Procrustes

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 05:02 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Are you suggesting that every person has to have a purpose?

No, I'm pointing out how ludicrous it is that you think producing offspring is the point to human existence.
Quote:
Overcrowding or not, if humans stop reproducing for even one single generation, that´s it for the species, right?

Regardless if a species is overcrowded or if it survives or not, mere survival is not the "purpose" of human life. In fact, the word purpose presupposes a justified reason as to why we are here in the first place, which in my opinion is unanswerable with the "current" knowledge we have of humanity. So unless some "certainties" arise about humanity this question is like going on a wild goose chase.
0 Replies

igm

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 05:03 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You got that right . . .

EDIT: I suspect the irony will blow right by igm . . . whoosh ! ! !

I could put an argument up against all you've said and have done in the past and you've not responded to those past arguments.

You think that your behavior towards others gets you results but we could all act as you act but we choose not to. We refrain from stooping so low. We can control our base instincts to lash out at others. You setanta cannot. All over this website your vitriol stains those who would never express themselves as you do with your uncontrolled hatred. I'm not sure whether some are prone to appeasement or are fascinated by your uncontrolled debasement of others but it makes you believe that your behavior is normal. If you have friends due to your actions on here I feel sorry for them. As I also feel sorry for you.
Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 05:15 am
@igm,
Your nobility is breathtaking. You have completely failed to support your contentions in your opening posts from page one which i have already quoted twice. I haven't debased you--if you are confident of the rectitude of your claims, i can't debase you. Your silly claims, which you can't support debase you. You may feel sorry for me to your heart's content--it's just the useless sentiment of a silly boy who is out of his depth and therefore attempts to condescend to the critic whom he cannot answer. Had you never made those stupid claims, i'd have had nothing to say to you. I've not made a single personally slighting remark to you in this thread until now, when you came up with that bullshit about feeling sorry for me. Basically, you take offense at my remarks about Buddhism and the Dalai Lama, and treat it as personal offense. You badly need to grow up.