Life Lock

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 04:28 pm
@billcompugeek,
I meant Pino. Pino did not make that statement, unless anyone who leans right must be the same person.

Nor did DiversityDriven, at least as far as you can prove.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 05:20 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;55296 wrote:
I meant Pino. Pino did not make that statement, unless anyone who leans right must be the same person.

Nor did DiversityDriven, at least as far as you can prove.

You must've missed the point by about fifty miles.

Peeny's quote: "Before 911, the military would disclose all sorts of personal stuff on its troops to anyone who wanted it. The excuse was that we were 'government property', and therefore had no right to privacy. Some of that has changed, thankfully. After all, if they now want the troops out, crawling around, killing terrorists, it wouldn't be a good idea to broadcast to the world where everyone is stationed."

It's funny to see someone right leaning lay claim to a "right to privacy". That's one of the most liberal pieces of turf there is! Everything you guys support to "fight the terrorists" such as the PATRIOT Act, warrantless wiretaps and these new "retroactive immunities" goes completely against the idea of a "right to privacy".

When confronted with this, the usual lines are:

DiversityDriven;54040 wrote:

Fatal_Freedoms;53839 wrote:
right to privacy?

Show me that right in the Constitution?

Source: http://www.conflictingviews.com/t2848-2/

And if you want a little HorseMouth, hereya go.

Pinochet73;45680 wrote:
Sabz5150;45618 wrote:
Don't touch my mail. Don't touch my internet. Don't touch my phones. Don't touch my science.

Deal?

I, Son of Franco, can make no such promise.
:AR15firing:
:AR15firing: :rocketwhore:
:AR15firing:

Source: http://www.conflictingviews.com/t2527/

Here's my point: Why is it when I (a liberal) feels that I am losing my "right to privacy", I am basically told to live with it or that this "right" doesn't exist, sometimes followed by an unpatriotic branding and something about terrorists... but when YOU (a conservative) gets shafted the same way, this "right to privacy" suddenly appears and is demanded?

See how it feels, Pino? The ability for someone to go through your personal info. It's not that someone WILL or someone IS, but that someone CAN. And you have no way of knowing or proving any form of access.

It's the same feeling as leaving your car doors unlocked at night.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 10:51 am
@billcompugeek,
Quote:
You must've missed the point by about fifty miles.

Peeny's quote: "Before 911, the military would disclose all sorts of personal stuff on its troops to anyone who wanted it. The excuse was that we were 'government property', and therefore had no right to privacy. Some of that has changed, thankfully. After all, if they now want the troops out, crawling around, killing terrorists, it wouldn't be a good idea to broadcast to the world where everyone is stationed."

It's funny to see someone right leaning lay claim to a "right to privacy". That's one of the most liberal pieces of turf there is! Everything you guys support to "fight the terrorists" such as the PATRIOT Act, warrantless wiretaps and these new "retroactive immunities" goes completely against the idea of a "right to privacy".

No, I got your point. Tell me, does every Asian person look alike to you?

You're saying it's funny that Pino doesn't conform with every right wing philosophy you've ever heard.
Sabz5150

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 11:05 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;55330 wrote:
No, I got your point. Tell me, does every Asian person look alike to you?

You're saying it's funny that Pino doesn't conform with every right wing philosophy you've ever heard.

No, I'm saying it shows who the Right really cares about.

Themselves.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 02:24 pm
@billcompugeek,
That's a stretch. You're using quotes not even made by Pino and what, calling him a hypocrite for them because you percieve them to be the general attitude of the right?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 07:33 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;55343 wrote:
That's a stretch. You're using quotes not even made by Pino and what, calling him a hypocrite for them because you percieve them to be the general attitude of the right?

Do you concede that there is a right of privacy?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 07:58 pm
@billcompugeek,
I am not called upon to concede anything because of what I'm saying, it would be completely irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make. My arguments could apply universally, to anything from right to privacy to abortion to gun control. My personal views on the matter have no bearing.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 03:48 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;55362 wrote:
I am not called upon to concede anything because of what I'm saying, it would be completely irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make. My arguments could apply universally, to anything from right to privacy to abortion to gun control. My personal views on the matter have no bearing.

It would be rather.....ironic...for you to argue that something is not what you said even though it conforms with your views, would it not?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 05:50 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;55291 wrote:
Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa... let me flip through my RightWing(TM) PlayBook... ah, here it is!

Where's the "Right to Privacy" in the Constitution?

(C)DurtyDiversitySanchezDriven 2008, No Rights Reserved (or otherwise)

Ninth Amendment: all common sense rights not mentioned in the Constitution are retained by the individual.:patriot:
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:54 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;55343 wrote:

Again, still missing the target.

General attitude of the Right? Yes.

Accurate? Yes.

I wanted to see how the Right fares when fired upon by... the Right. It's neat. Hell, you didn't even answer the question Smile
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 08:03 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;55393 wrote:
Ninth Amendment: all common sense rights not mentioned in the Constitution are retained by the individual.:patriot:

I will remember that.

the majority opinion of the U.S. Supreme Court in Roe (vs Wade), which stated that a federally enforceable right to privacy, "whether it be founded in the Fourteenth Amendment's concept of personal liberty and restrictions upon state action, as we feel it is, or, as the District Court determined, in the Ninth Amendment's reservation of rights to the people, is broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy.

There it is, in a different form, but the Supreme Court says it's there.

You know that sound that a shotgun makes when you cock it? Yeah... nice sound Smile
Reagaknight

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 02:37 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;55425 wrote:
I will remember that.

the majority opinion of the U.S. Supreme Court in Roe (vs Wade), which stated that a federally enforceable right to privacy, "whether it be founded in the Fourteenth Amendment's concept of personal liberty and restrictions upon state action, as we feel it is, or, as the District Court determined, in the Ninth Amendment's reservation of rights to the people, is broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy.

There it is, in a different form, but the Supreme Court says it's there.

You know that sound that a shotgun makes when you cock it? Yeah... nice sound Smile

Dred Scott.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 07:57 pm
@Reagaknight,
John Brown
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 10:16 am
@billcompugeek,
What, the abolitionist? What does he have to do w/ the SC?
0 Replies