Scientists speak out!

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 05:27 am
@g-man,
g-man;57354 wrote:
I'm not trying to paint a picture. The scenario and the question were meant to evoke an answer. What I got from you, more hostility. They say masturbation is a good way to de-frustrate boy. lol

I am extremely hostile towards ignorance. It is the root of all the problems in this country. You make statements, having no idea what they mean. To someone who knows what the hell they're talking about, you come off looking like a gibbering idiot.

Being the nice little whipped liberal doesn't work, time to be a bit more 'direct'.

And your little snide attempts at a personal attack shows who is the "boy" here.

Shall we continue? I think so!
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:03 am
@g-man,
g-man;57353 wrote:
1. Indulge me. What was the option I brought?

Belief in a big bang or any other beginning is as faith based as believing in intelligent design. Actually, more faith based when one considers the complexity of design of any living being. Or, break it down to the complexity of the human hand or the sensitivity of the tounge that can sense a hair mixed in ones food.

That one. You bring forth the option that it takes faith to believe in science. You take one big sweep at both evolutionary theory and big bang theory in calling out BB and then slipping in complexity of human senses.

What does one need to say to get this through to you: Evolution and Big Bang are separate! One does not rely on the other or need the other to function. This is ultimately what reveals your "option". You are trying to make science balance on a single fulcrum just like religion... but it doesn't work that way.

Quote:
2. Firing volleys must take several semesters as that seems to be one of the forte's of supporters.

Or several donations to the offering plate.

Quote:
3. In the sciences of medicine and technology the effects provide most of the funds due to results. Those areas are not dependent on tax payers.

And this has to do what with what, now?

Quote:
4. Of course I would expect a scientist to use his best etymological skills to pass along "his" opinions. I also would expect him to use the term consensus quite often. Reducing his pretty speak to, "cause me un my buddies say it's so".

If you want to get anywhere as a scientist, you're gonna fight your way through it. There is no "consensus" or elite science group. If you want to bring your new idea or theory into the arena, expect it to be ripped to shreds in a second if they find anything wrong with it. You refine, you fix errors, you add new evidence. Re-submit, pick up shredded papers. Later, rinse, repeat.

It's called peer review. It works on the single fact that getting a large group of scientists to agree on anything is akin to herding cats. What science as a whole agrees upon are the theories and ideas that have passed through that labcoat gauntlet and come out on the other end in one piece. Repeatedly.

Quote:
5. I don't disagree with you on this completely. My compromise, leave out all unproven theories that demand an absolute answer. Let parents deliver their beliefs on the issues. Let students interested in Religious theology take up the study when they are paying their way through the college of their choice. The same process made available to students of evolution.

Okay, cool. All "unproven" theories... So we can also pitch:

Gravitation theory
Atomic theory
Germ theory
Relativity
Quantum Physics
Cell theory
Plate Tectonics

Shall I go on? These are all "unproven" in the same form that you consider evolutionary theory to be. They are all theories for the same reason. There are no theories that demand an "absolute" answer.

Your idea would effectively destroy public education. Congratulations.

Quote:
6. Regarding medical and tech based sciences, you are correct.

Guess what! Evolution is a medical and tech based science. Don't believe me? Organ transplants. Diabetes treatment. Vaccinations for smallpox and influenza. The list goes on for miles. You fail to realize just what evolutionary theory has brought us. DNA and paternity testing, evidence that is acceptable in a court of law is based solely upon the theories of genetics and evolution.

Quote:
7. Hogwash. Lying does not add credence to your ranting.
You have hostility issues boy.

Then enlighten us all... is evolutionary theory wrong? If so, then how can you rely on the things I have mentioned above which only function properly when evolutionary theory is taken into consideration.

You have education issues. Boy.
DiversityDriven

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:32 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;57358 wrote:
I am extremely hostile towards ignorance. It is the root of all the problems in this country. You make statements, having no idea what they mean. To someone who knows what the hell they're talking about, you come off looking like a gibbering idiot.

Being the nice little whipped liberal doesn't work, time to be a bit more 'direct'.

And your little snide attempts at a personal attack shows who is the "boy" here.

Openminded and tolerant is there claim. Prove that science boy. After that prove how objective you are, LOL.
DiversityDriven

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:34 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Quote:
Belief in a big bang or any other beginning is as faith based as believing in intelligent design.
Caused or uncaused/cause? So you have faith too! Welcome my son.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 01:04 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57362 wrote:
Openminded and tolerant is there claim. Prove that science boy. After that prove how objective you are, LOL.

I have evidence. You do not. Go back to your trailer.

For the books, tolerance and openminded is YOUR belief's claim. We are open to facts. Nothing else. Since you never provide that (never have and never will), you can kindly go and take your gods with you.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 01:07 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57363 wrote:
Caused or uncaused/cause? So you have faith too! Welcome my son.

So what "caused" this "intelligent agency"?
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 01:08 pm
@g-man,
g-man;57352 wrote:

3. Science is of course rightly legitimized by the study of medical and technological events and effects. Which have graced the species with many advancements.
Stepping out of those realms into evolution and the dreaded beginning of earth and life where proof is illusive has caused them to resort to using consensus and personal attacks on others who simply do not accept consensus as proof. This skeptic does not discount their theories of evolution as it applies to adaptive evolving. But, when one does not buy into the theories of humans evolving from fish or monkeys they are treated rather rudely. IE: Sabz's post. lol

Didn't Christians kill people who didn't believe in God?

I find that rather rude.

I don't treat people rudely when they don't "believe" in evolution. I *DO* however put a virtual boot to the teeth of people who think they know what they're talking about, but in reality know nothing. This is evident in the "evolve from monkeys" line above. If you had any applicable knowledge of evolution, you would not make such a statement.

So basically you're acting like an idiot and being treated as such.
DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 06:33 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;57366 wrote:
I have evidence. You do not. Go back to your trailer.

For the books, tolerance and openminded is YOUR belief's claim. We are open to facts. Nothing else. Since you never provide that (never have and never will), you can kindly go and take your gods with you.
You have an opinion, nothing more. This post is good evidence of your open mindedness, real tolerant aren't you? If you indeed did have evidence, why would you need repeated personal attacks to fend off your detractors. I have an idea your response won't be very scientific.
Quote:
can kindly go and take your gods with you
Say pretty please.
DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 06:41 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;57367 wrote:
So what "caused" this "intelligent agency"?
Don't you have to prove this "intelligent agency" exists before you ask that mr. science guy? So by this answer i would take it, your answer would be the Big Bang was a caused event? Don't you think that contradicts what i quoted you saying "Belief in a big bang or any other beginning is as faith based as believing in intelligent design. " How is this possible, then you are saying you have faith or are you saying the BB was an uncaused event?
DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 06:46 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;57368 wrote:
Didn't Christians kill people who didn't believe in God?

I find that rather rude.

I don't treat people rudely when they don't "believe" in evolution. I *DO* however put a virtual boot to the teeth of people who think they know what they're talking about, but in reality know nothing. This is evident in the "evolve from monkeys" line above. If you had any applicable knowledge of evolution, you would not make such a statement.

Being objective again i see.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 11:20 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57376 wrote:
You have an opinion, nothing more. This post is good evidence of your open mindedness, real tolerant aren't you? If you indeed did have evidence, why would you need repeated personal attacks to fend off your detractors. I have an idea your response won't be very scientific.

Really? I would like you to post the "opinion" in my evidence. Seriously, I again challenge you. Again I expect you to fail.

Come on little boy, show me what you've got if anything at all.

Quote:
Say pretty please.

Leave.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 11:22 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57377 wrote:
Don't you have to prove this "intelligent agency" exists before you ask that mr. science guy? So by this answer i would take it, your answer would be the Big Bang was a caused event? Don't you think that contradicts what i quoted you saying "Belief in a big bang or any other beginning is as faith based as believing in intelligent design. " How is this possible, then you are saying you have faith or are you saying the BB was an uncaused event?

Twisting the words again, falling back on that old and dead argument.

The big bang was both caused and uncaused Smile Let's see you figure that one out.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 11:25 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57378 wrote:
Being objective again i see.

Where does objectivity come into my reasoning for knocking someone's teeth out? You're grasping for an argument and failing horribly.

Ya know, I'd actually like to see you do something useful. I mean freely giving your address to me was wonderful and everything (so was the response of OH NOES! I will call cops on you, dirty hax0r!), but can you actually post anything supporting your skewed view of the world? Can yo do anything besides the same old song and dance?

Can you prove your point?

Clearly not.

Oh, and Sanchez... we all know how "objective" you are, at least at lying. http://www.conflictingviews.com/t2961/ You saw it here, folks Very Happy
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 02:59 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
If only our mods were around more, we might not have such rampant, petty personal attacks.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 04:09 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57377 wrote:

I don't see where he said that anywhere.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 04:10 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
How come no one responded to my last two posts on page 1?
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:21 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;57349 wrote:

1. Evolution is not a crapshoot. Never was, never will be. You fail to consider both halves of the concept, and focus specifically on the 'random mutaion' half, as to be expected. Yes, that is a purely random mechanism. Natural selection however, is not. It LOVES to play favorites, and if your random mutations aren't its favorite, sucks to be you.

2. How is the heart beating perfect? You've never heard of murmurs or pacemakers, have you? Your heart could sustain blood flow at a much lower rate than it is now. Quite often it sustains a much higher rate. So, where's the fine tuning in that?

3. The eye? That's easy and has been addressed so many times. Old, flawed argument.

4. Anything else to discuss?

5. In scientific usage, a theory does not mean an unsubstantiated guess or hunch, as it can in everyday speech. A theory is a logically self-consistent model or framework for describing the behavior of a related set of natural or social phenomena. It originates from or is supported by experimental evidence (see scientific method). In this sense, a theory is a systematic and formalized expression of all previous observations, and is predictive, logical, and testable.

6. Wow, there it is. The glue that provides solidification. Facts: Can't have a theory without them. You'd do well to read and learn about what science says, why evolution is accepted and exactly what the evidence shows. Then you'll have a good understanding of why things are.

1. So, you've decided to name your god "natural selection" then go on to explain what "it" loves. Sounds oddly like an "intelligent designer".
2. It would seem for the purpose of remaining alive in what would likely be a hostile environment, a properly beating heart would be essential. Especially if our newly first member of life needed to wait for a second being to procreate it's race with. Just minor details of course.
3. So, the eye is easy. Just this week I saw in the news the invention of an eye that will help the totally blind to see vague figures at best.
It seems the eye is merely part of the problem. Communicating signals to be translated by the brain. But, your claim covers the wonders of "natural selection and random mutation. Which one was it that figured out the translation part of the easy eye?
4. Anything you like.
5. Very good definition, perfectly applicable to medical and tech related sciences. Applied to evolutionary science and supported by nothing more than fossil records and consensus and imagination.
5. Thanks.
g-man

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:27 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;57358 wrote:

Go back and read our post. See who made the personal attacks.
"Boy" is as close to a personal attack as I have come and will remain so.
Of course we can continue.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 06:08 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;57359 wrote:

Belief in a big bang or any other beginning is as faith based as believing in intelligent design.

1. That one. You bring forth the option that it takes faith to believe in science. You take one big sweep at both evolutionary theory and big bang theory in calling out BB and then slipping in complexity of human senses.

What does one need to say to get this through to you: Evolution and Big Bang are separate! One does not rely on the other or need the other to function. This is ultimately what reveals your "option". You are trying to make science balance on a single fulcrum just like religion... but it doesn't work that way.

2. Or several donations to the offering plate.

3. And this has to do what with what, now?

4. If you want to get anywhere as a scientist, you're gonna fight your way through it. There is no "consensus" or elite science group. If you want to bring your new idea or theory into the arena, expect it to be ripped to shreds in a second if they find anything wrong with it. You refine, you fix errors, you add new evidence. Re-submit, pick up shredded papers. Later, rinse, repeat.

5. It's called peer review. It works on the single fact that getting a large group of scientists to agree on anything is akin to herding cats. What science as a whole agrees upon are the theories and ideas that have passed through that labcoat gauntlet and come out on the other end in one piece. Repeatedly.

6. Okay, cool. All "unproven" theories... So we can also pitch:
Gravitation theory
Atomic theory
Germ theory
Relativity
Quantum Physics
Cell theory
Plate Tectonics

Shall I go on? These are all "unproven" in the same form that you consider evolutionary theory to be. They are all theories for the same reason. There are no theories that demand an "absolute" answer.

Your idea would effectively destroy public education. Congratulations.

Guess what! Evolution is a medical and tech based science. Don't believe me? Organ transplants. Diabetes treatment. Vaccinations for smallpox and influenza. The list goes on for miles. You fail to realize just what evolutionary theory has brought us. DNA and paternity testing, evidence that is acceptable in a court of law is based solely upon the theories of genetics and evolution.

Then enlighten us all... is evolutionary theory wrong? If so, then how can you rely on the things I have mentioned above which only function properly when evolutionary theory is taken into consideration.

You have education issues. Boy.

1. That is simply "my" opinion as to what belief in these theories amounts to.
Science has the burden of providing a proof that is undeniable to make it anything other than consensus based theory. I am sorry if that fact offends you.
The fact that I did venture into the realm of evolution is quite meaningless.
The evidences provided by fossil record leave much to the imagination and are not proven. I'm sure that will infuriate you too. But, like it or not, science has not adequately proven these issues to deserve the right to dismiss skeptics as morons and idiots.
2. lol
3. Everything. Taxpayers should not be paying for an activity that is judge as a success by the people who conduct the studies. They make all the rules.
And provide no return. They do pat themselves on the back a lot.
4. And expect to be paid for it.
5. Unimpressed. I'm assuming at this point that I've impressed upon you that I consider any science other than medical and technical are pointless and a waste of money.
6. Not true. The list is made up of relevant items.
I have no qualms about doing away with a tax paid education process.
It is proven to be absurd and a failure.
g-man

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 06:32 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;57368 wrote:

1. Didn't Christians kill people who didn't believe in God?

I find that rather rude.

2. I don't treat people rudely when they don't "believe" in evolution. I *DO* however put a virtual boot to the teeth of people who think they know what they're talking about, but in reality know nothing. This is evident in the "evolve from monkeys" line above. If you had any applicable knowledge of evolution, you would not make such a statement.

1. People have killed in the name of God. They were not Christians. They were people who took on the mantel of Christianity for the purpose of agenda. Possessed the powers of persuasion. Used their talents to incite people to harm others as if Christ would have approved.
0 Replies