Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 07:18 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
So how many believe this?
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 02:08 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54393 wrote:
So how many believe this?

Irreducible complexity? Not many. No scientific merit to it.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 05:26 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
"It's not evidence, it's an argument"

He says it himself, "by definition it is non functioning" It functions as such but that is only one instance, any others?
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 07:24 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54461 wrote:
"It's not evidence, it's an argument"

He says it himself, "by definition it is non functioning" It functions as such but that is only one instance, any others?

Irreducible complexity has no credible evidence to support it. It also tries to lend a hand to another hypothesis that has no credible evidence to support it... the belief of a "designer", "agency", "god", whatever.

The argument need go no further. Unless you have hard scientific evidence to back up the claim, you're gonna get a whole lot o' nowhere.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 07:01 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Doesn't change what "he" said. Shall i quote it again? "by definition it is non functioning" Get it?
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 08:00 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54486 wrote:
Doesn't change what "he" said. Shall i quote it again? "by definition it is non functioning" Get it?

Out. Of. Context.

He says that to show an example of "Irreducible Complexity" and subsequently to refute that example.

Take the flagellum. Yes, if a piece is removed, it no longer functions as a flagellum. However that does NOT mean that such a structure is "irreducibly complex". It can perfectly provide a completely different function. This gives a solid pathway for natural selection and evolution to work. The idea that this structure could not have evolved from a more basic version is therefore completely refuted.

Oh... "he" in your case is a man named Michael Behe.

Get it?

C'mon, can you actually debate this topic?
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 09:34 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Out of context my ass.
Quote:
He says that to show an example of "Irreducible Complexity" and subsequently to refute that example.

In his opinion.
Quote:
Take the flagellum. Yes, if a piece is removed, it no longer functions as a flagellum. However that does NOT mean that such a structure is "irreducibly complex".
By definition, you lose. Take away one and you have nothing. We irreduced and it was less complex?
Quote:
It can perfectly provide a completely different function.
Or not.
Quote:
This gives a solid pathway for natural selection and evolution to work. .
This also give a pathway for nothing.
Quote:
The idea that this structure could not have evolved from a more basic version is therefore completely refuted.
Not by his own admission.
Quote:
Oh... "he" in your case is a man named Michael Behe.

Get it?
Sure do, and who are you?
Quote:
C'mon, can you actually debate this topic?
refuted is as refuted does.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 05:07 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54523 wrote:
Out of context my ass.

Yeah, that's pretty out of context, too.

Quote:
In his opinion.

Default answer to an argument you can't debate? What he showed was scientific evidence. Fact. Not opinion.

Quote:
By definition, you lose. Take away one and you have nothing. We irreduced and it was less complex?

Take away one piece and you have a structure that serves a different purpose. This does not mean that it is non-functional. Not one bit. Irreducible Complexity, as it's name suggests, says that this is not possible. Remove even one piece and you're left with something completely useless and non-functional. This structure has no evolutionary path, it is too complex to have evolved. This has been shown to be false, using scientific evidence, as shown in the video. We have shown the evolutionary path for the bacterial flagellum (if you want a link, I will be happy to point you to numerous papers on this subject.

So... how have I "lost" again?

Quote:
Or not.

See, now you're just grasping for straws. If the structure has *ANY* function with one or more of its pieces missing, it is not irreducibly complex. It is not so complex that it cannot be reduced to something simpler

Quote:
This also give a pathway for nothing.

Sometimes you make absolutely no sense. This above response is one of those times. The evolutionary path of this structure has been shown in DNA evidence and in the video up there. This has also been studied and confirmed in many scientific papers. I'd like you to explain how this "give a pathway for nothing".

Quote:
Not by his own admission.

But by science. I'd like you to also show me an irreducibly complex structure. If you have evidence for this claim, put it out there. I'd love to rip it to shreds.

Quote:
Sure do, and who are you?

Someone who knows a tad bit more about the subject.

Quote:
refuted is as refuted does.

And no attempt from you to actually debate the subject. Hot air and poor grammar are all I've been seeing. That and a lack of research.
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 06:54 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;54535 wrote:

Default answer to an argument you can't debate? What he showed was scientific evidence. Fact. Not opinion.

Take away one piece and you have a structure that serves a different purpose. This does not mean that it is non-functional. Not one bit. Irreducible Complexity, as it's name suggests, says that this is not possible. Remove even one piece and you're left with something completely useless and non-functional. This structure has no evolutionary path, it is too complex to have evolved. This has been shown to be false, using scientific evidence, as shown in the video. We have shown the evolutionary path for the bacterial flagellum (if you want a link, I will be happy to point you to numerous papers on this subject.

See, now you're just grasping for straws. If the structure has *ANY* function with one or more of its pieces missing, it is not irreducibly complex. It is not so complex that it cannot be reduced to something simpler

Sometimes you make absolutely no sense. This above response is one of those times. The evolutionary path of this structure has been shown in DNA evidence and in the video up there. This has also been studied and confirmed in many scientific papers. I'd like you to explain how this "give a pathway for nothing".

But by science. I'd like you to also show me an irreducibly complex structure. If you have evidence for this claim, put it out there. I'd love to rip it to shreds.

And no attempt from you to actually debate the subject. Hot air and poor grammar are all I've been seeing. That and a lack of research.

Quote:
I bet you believe that your sentence is?
Quote:
Default answer to an argument you can't debate?
And i quote again from your link. "It's not evidence, it's an argument" Not fact but merely someones opinion. How many people believe this? If it's many you might be able to construe fact by consensus? Him and you makes two, any more?
Quote:
What he showed was scientific evidence. Fact. Not opinion.
I'm sure in your mind that is how it works. When does evidence become fact, it's the opinion of an observation that gives way to an idea as to how close it is to being fact. Him believing/faith in what he interprets of his observation does not make it fact. Neither does your faith in his observation. There both Just Opinions. For being anti-religious you sure participate in the practice of faith? Except your faith is in Darwin? I bet you have gobs of faith for his observations?
Quote:
Take away one piece and you have a structure that serves a different purpose.
If this is true then you should be able to name the new purpose?
Quote:
This does not mean that it is non-functional.
By his own definition it is not functioning to begin with? Here is his quote again, "by definition it is non functioning" Did it sink in this time?
Quote:
Complexity, as it's name suggests, says that this is not possible. Remove even one piece and you're left with something completely useless and non-functional.
"by definition it is non functioning"
Quote:
This structure has no evolutionary path, it is too complex to have evolved. This has been shown to be false, using scientific evidence, as shown in the video. We have shown the evolutionary path for the bacterial flagellum (if you want a link, I will be happy to point you to numerous papers on this subject.

Quote:
And it's purpose would be what?
Quote:
No buts. My example would be the human. Take away any vital organ and do you have a less capable entity or a lump of dead flesh? Time to start rippin.
Quote:
I'm still waiting to see your shred.
Quote:
In your opinion that is all.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 08:35 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54540 wrote:
I bet you believe that your sentence is?

Do you have a question mark fetish?

Quote:
And i quote again from your link. "It's not evidence, it's an argument"

MY link?

Quote:
Not fact but merely someones opinion.

That sounds like irreducible complexity and ID to me. No fact, merely opinion. That doesn't stand in a scientific arena.

Quote:
How many people believe this?

What? the whole complexity thing? Like I said, not many.

Quote:
If it's many you might be able to construe fact by consensus?

Again, the complexity thing? And again, not much.

Quote:
Him and you makes two, any more?

99.9998% of the scientific community believes that the whole ID thing is bollocks. They're right.

Quote:
I'm sure in your mind that is how it works.

Please explain to me how it works.

Quote:
When does evidence become fact

Evidence *IS* fact.

In the most basic sense, a scientific fact is an objective and verifiable observation

Quote:
it's the opinion of an observation that gives way to an idea as to how close it is to being fact.

Incorrect. Where do you get this stuff?

An observation does not have an opinion. An observation is fact, see above definition.

Quote:
Him believing/faith in what he interprets of his observation does not make it fact.

Grasping again. I love your lack of scientific knowledge, it's so amusing.

An observation is fact. An interpretation of a fact or group of facts is a theory.

Quote:
Neither does your faith in his observation.

Why the need to call it "faith"? Is it to bring it down to your level, since your beliefs are nothing but faith? You have no observed facts, no evidence, yet the real science is faith?

Quote:
There both Just Opinions.

Fact != opinion. Observed facts have no opinion.

Quote:
For being anti-religious you sure participate in the practice of faith? Except your faith is in Darwin? I bet you have gobs of faith for his observations?

Typical creationist/ID jabber. Just like DirtySanchez. You're as transparent as air.

For a so-called seeker of truth, you sure deny a hell of a lot of it. But somehow, magic man is real. Care to prove this?

Quote:
If this is true then you should be able to name the new purpose?

And that purpose was named. Did you actually watch the video? Even the DNA sequences were shown.

Quote:
By his own definition it is not functioning to begin with?

His = Michael Behe. The person in the video is not Behe.

You fail again.

Quote:
Here is his quote again, "by definition it is non functioning" Did it sink in this time?

Quote: Michael Behe. Not video author.

Quote:

Brought to you by: Michael Behe! (Michael Behe is by no means the author of this video)

Quote:

Official sponsor of Michael Behe.

Is this your best?

Quote:
And it's purpose would be what?

To inject material into victim cells in order to cause an infection. Watch the vid, kid.

Quote:
No buts. My example would be the human. Take away any vital organ and do you have a less capable entity or a lump of dead flesh?

Ladies and Gentlemen of ConflictingViews: I will now make a complete ass of DirtySanchez by showing his lack of knowledge of the topic at hand.

AGAIN.

Your example is the human, correct?

Are we watching, guys n gals?

Irreducible complexity (IC) is an argument made by intelligent design proponents that certain biological systems are too complex to have evolved from simpler, or "less complete" predecessors, through natural selection acting upon a series of advantageous naturally occurring chance mutations.

A biological system. A human carries several biological systems. Why are you attempting to call an entire organism "irreducibly complex" when the idea does not cover an entire organism? IC focuses on structures inside of a living organism... flagella, eyes, etc. It does NOT focus on the organism as a whole.

Quote:
Time to start rippin.

And I will continue to do so!

Okay, let's go ahead and work with your example. I'll still kick the field goal, even if the posts are moved!

I can remove a kidney from a human and it will still function. I can remove a lung from a human and it will still function. I can remove the gall bladder, appendix, eyes, inner ears, etc from a human (all of which are quite useful and vital organs) and it will still function.

Quote:
I'm still waiting to see your shred.

Don't worry Sanchez, I wiped the floor with you many times before, this won't be any different (or less painful).

Quote:
In your opinion that is all.

I publicly challenge you to refute my statements.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 05:19 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Quote:
Do you have a question mark fetish?
Do you?
Quote:
That sounds like irreducible complexity and ID to me. No fact, merely opinion. That doesn't stand in a scientific arena.
You would know cause your a scientist right? It's as much opinion as is your arguement.
Quote:
Again, the complexity thing? And again, not much.
Like you say, your arguement is "not much."

Quote:
99.9998% of the scientific community believes that the whole ID thing is bollocks. They're right.
Can you substanciate that claim?
Quote:
Please explain to me how it works.
For you, open mouth, insert foot.
Quote:
Official sponsor of Michael Behe.

Is this your best?
It is untill you prove how a flagelem funtions without one of it's parts?
Quote:
In the most basic sense, a scientific fact is an objective and verifiable observation

Scientific fact can be and are often wrong. That's why you have to be objectionable of which you are not.
Quote:
An observation does not have an opinion.
An observation is nothing but some ones opinion of what was observed. The observation came from a human, humans are fallible. There went your percentage. Observations just don't appear out of knowwhere.
Quote:
An observation does not have an opinion. An observation is fact, see above definition.
I'd like to see a link to your definition? Nothing i've read says "observation is fact"?
Quote:
An observation is fact. An interpretation of a fact or group of facts is a theory.
Oh, now the story changes, so this interpretation wouldn't be some ones opinion of what was observed would it?
Quote:
Why the need to call it "faith"?
Because that is what it is, is it not?
Quote:
Is it to bring it down to your level, since your beliefs are nothing but faith?
Are you trying to insinuate your beliefs are something other then?
Quote:
You have no observed facts, no evidence, yet the real science is faith?

Like i said, you practice it well.
Quote:
Fact != opinion. Observed facts have no opinion.
Observed facts are opinion.
Quote:
Typical creationist/ID jabber. Just like DirtySanchez. You're as transparent as air.
What ever, how bout answering the question?
Quote:
For a so-called seeker of truth, you sure deny a hell of a lot of it.
For a non believer you sure have a severe hang up about it don't cha?
Quote:
And that purpose was named. Did you actually watch the video? Even the DNA sequences were shown.
So what was the name?
Quote:
To inject material into victim cells in order to cause an infection. Watch the vid, kid.
I did, didn't see it?
Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen of ConflictingViews: I will now make a complete ass of DirtySanchez by showing his lack of knowledge of the topic at hand.

AGAIN.

Your example is the human, correct?

Are we watching, guys n gals?

Irreducible complexity (IC) is an argument made by intelligent design proponents that certain biological systems are too complex to have evolved from simpler, or "less complete" predecessors, through natural selection acting upon a series of advantageous naturally occurring chance mutations.

A biological system. A human carries several biological systems. Why are you attempting to call an entire organism "irreducibly complex" when the idea does not cover an entire organism? IC focuses on structures inside of a living organism... flagella, eyes, etc. It does NOT focus on the organism as a whole.
You didn't answer the question?
Quote:
I can remove a kidney from a human and it will still function.
What happens when you lose two?
Quote:
I can remove a lung from a human and it will still function.
Both of them gone what happens?
Quote:
I can remove the gall bladder, appendix, eyes, inner ears, etc from a human (all of which are quite useful and vital organs) and it will still function.
None of the above are vital to life, maybe to survival but thats a different thread.
Quote:
Don't worry Sanchez, I wiped the floor with you many times before, this won't be any different (or less painful).
You can't wipe your nose.
Quote:
I publicly challenge you to refute my statements.
Love you long time. My brother of faith, LOL.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 07:40 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Okay....wtf, over? Who is this guy and what's the bottom line? Is he saying his little model refutes intelligent design and supports evolution? What's the executive summary here?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 12:05 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54576 wrote:

Scientific fact can be and are often wrong. That's why you have to be objectionable of which you are not. An observation is nothing but some ones opinion of what was observed.

wtf?

observation = opinion of observation??????? :dunno:

Quote:
The observation came from a human, humans are fallible. There went your percentage. Observations just don't appear out of knowwhere.I'd like to see a link to your definition?

Observation:

n
1. The act or faculty of observing.
2. The fact of being observed.

3. The act of noting and recording something, such as a phenomenon, with instruments.

Quote:
Nothing i've read says "observation is fact"?

You probably haven't read much..

Fact is something you see and know to be true, you see an object fall towards the ground that is fact or if you observe the parts of a flagellum function that can as well be fact.

Quote:

fact is not oppinion! fact is not subjective to oppinion. (or anything else)
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 05:29 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54576 wrote:
Do you?

Not last time I checked. Question marks are a bit too curvy for my tastes.

Quote:
You would know cause your a scientist right? It's as much opinion as is your arguement.

Like you say, your arguement is "not much."

Moreso than you Smile

ID/IC/creationism/whatever it is now has no scientific evidence, and they have admitted this. There's no evidence or validity to the claim of the existence of a God/Agency/Creator/whatever it is now again.

No scientific evidence, no science. No science, get it outta here.

Quote:
Can you substanciate that claim?

Yes. Provide scientific evidence. It's that easy.

Quote:
For you, open mouth, insert foot.

Riiiiiiiiiight. You're the one not even knowing the proper definition of the ideas you support... claiming a human is evidence of irreducible complexity. There's a reason that this doesn't work and I will explain it shortly. Stay tuned.

Quote:
It is untill you prove how a flagelem funtions without one of it's parts?

That's the trick and your vast shortsightedness. The structure does not need to maintain its purpose, rather it must merely serve a function. Removing 4/5 of the flagellum and winding up with a perfectly good weapon is a deadblow to Irreducible Complexity. It shows that, contrary to IC, removing parts from a structure does not render it useless. It shows that the parts developed over time, not instantly as per creator.

Quote:
Scientific fact can be and are often wrong.

Then be my guest and show where this is wrong.

Quote:
That's why you have to be objectionable of which you are not.

Believing something with absolutely noooooooo evidence is "objectionable"? In that case, why no, I am not "objectionable".

Quote:
An observation is nothing but some ones opinion of what was observed.

Fatal already posted the definition to this. Refer to that.

Quote:
The observation came from a human, humans are fallible. There went your percentage.

Okay, I guess the "observations" in the Bible are flawed too. Same logic, same reason. The whole rising from the grave thing... naah, human observation, flawed. Wow, that kinda thinking makes this EASY!!!

Quote:
Observations just don't appear out of knowwhere.

I'm observing quite a bit right now. The difference is at what level you observe and specifically what you are observing.

Quote:
I'd like to see a link to your definition?

"I'm not gonna do your dirty work!" was it?

Quote:
Nothing i've read says "observation is fact"?

Nothing changes what you actually observe. Nothing. The observation is fact. It happened, it can be tested, it can be measured, it can be a factor in a measurement or test.

One observation can be flawed. That's why you take many observations.

Quote:
Oh, now the story changes, so this interpretation wouldn't be some ones opinion of what was observed would it?

Not when it is based on facts. Opinion is swiftly removed from scientific theory. It's one of the main reasons for peer review.

Quote:
Because that is what it is, is it not?

Not at all. Typical creationist ploy, showing pure ignorance.

Quote:
Are you trying to insinuate your beliefs are something other then?

Are you trying to insinuate they are? I'd like to see you try. Just because your beliefs are on shaky ground does not mean that science is. I'm sorry you can't prove your MagicMan's existence, but go throw your tantrum elsewhere.

Quote:
Like i said, you practice it well.

Oh ye of way too much faith... Denying fact for the lack thereof. It's sad, really.

Quote:

Wow, knocks gravity and atomics outta the game! Guess we gotta go back to energy gods and gnomes that nail things to the ground.

Quote:
What ever, how bout answering the question?

If you'd ask it correctly, you might get an answer. Ask questions that make no sense, and you end up sounding like a creationist trying to play with math.

Quote:
For a non believer you sure have a severe hang up about it don't cha?

When bible bangers try to attack science, I'll come out in full force.

Quote:
So what was the name?

The structure? "Type III secretion system" It is homologous to bacterial flagellar basal body.

Source: Secretion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
I did, didn't see it?

No, you did not. The name is said, the function shown, the genetic code given.

Quote:
You didn't answer the question?

I did, you just missed it. I'll break it down for ya.

The question is invalid because it requests something that cannot be provided. Humans do not fall under "Irreducible complexity" (here's where I make that definition I mentioned) because firstly the IC concept deals with individual biological structures and not with organisms as a whole. Secondly, and this is where you will need to pay real close attention, if you apply the IC concept to entire organisms as per your desire, the whole things 'loses its flavor'. Every living thing becomes irreducibly complex and the definition becomes nothing more than a "duh" in the back pages of a science book. Your question is invalid because that is not how IC works.

Why am I having to educate you in your own arguments?

Quote:
What happens when you lose two?

Goalpost moving?

Quote:
Both of them gone what happens?

STILL goalpost moving.

Quote:
None of the above are vital to life, maybe to survival but thats a different thread.

Why are you putting artificial constraints to this? I did exactly what you asked (remove a vital organ from a human and have it still work).

Quote:
You can't wipe your nose.

Yeah, keep on telling yourself that, ye who needs to be taught his own arguing points.

Quote:
Love you long time. My brother of faith, LOL.

I take that as a backing down. The challenge still holds whenever you're ready Smile
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 06:52 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;54628 wrote:
wtf?

Observation:

n

3. The act of noting and recording something, such as a phenomenon, with instruments.

Fact is something you see and know to be true, you see an object fall towards the ground that is fact or if you observe the parts of a flagellum function that can as well be fact.

Quote:
wtf?

Yup. Two people observing the same thing can have two different observations, correct? Are both fact? Or are they subject to the observers interpretation and understanding of what was observed?
Quote:
Observation:

n

Nothing in there says observations are facts like Sabz likes to imply? The fact that you are observing something does not automatically make how you interpret what you saw a fact.
Quote:

I read your definition, nothing about "observations are fact"?
Quote:
Fact is something you see and know to be true, you see an object fall towards the ground that is fact

Yes it is, but why did it fall? Gravity. You know it's there but can you prove it? No.
Quote:
In your own words, is global warming a fact or merely your opinion? You believe in a book writen by darwin. You consider it fact, i consider it his opinion, not fact. He could of interpreted it wrong as human often do.
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 07:08 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54648 wrote:
Yup. Two people observing the same thing can have two different observations, correct?

No. If a drop a bucket of yellow paint off a building, and one person sees a yellow splatter while the other sees a purple one, we got a SERIOUS problem.

Quote:
Are both fact?

Observations are factual measurements of phenomena.

Quote:
Or are they subject to the observers interpretation and understanding of what was observed?

No, however any worries of this are dealt with by multiple observations.

Quote:
Nothing in there says observations are facts like Sabz likes to imply?

What you observe is fact. I observe the background of this webpage to be orange and white. This is a fact. Simple.

Quote:
The fact that you are observing something does not automatically make how you interpret what you saw a fact.

See, now you're just grasping. It is really amusing to see creationists use science. It's like watching a monkey use a chainsaw. Absolutely pointless, yet utterly amusing.

Quote:
I read your definition, nothing about "observations are fact"?

Monkey. Chainsaw.

Quote:
Yes it is, but why did it fall? Gravity. You know it's there but can you prove it?

Objects with mass attract other objects with mass. The Earth has mass, the dropped object has mass. 2 + 2 = 4.

Quote:
No.In your own words, is global warming a fact or merely your opinion?

What is happening is fact. The cause is opinion. Call it what you want.

Quote:
You believe in a book writen by darwin. You consider it fact, i consider it his opinion, not fact. He could of interpreted it wrong as human often do.

You believe in a book written by....

http://waterstone.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/chainsaw-chimp.jpg
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 06:14 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54648 wrote:
Yup. Two people observing the same thing can have two different observations, correct? Are both fact? Or are they subject to the observers interpretation and understanding of what was observed?

You cannot observe reason. Reason is oppinion based. For example I see an apple fall to the ground. The apple did fall to the ground, this is fact and it is also observed by any who saw. Even if i do not know the reason the apple fell, i do know that that apple fell. I cannot observe gravity merely the effects of it (things falling).

Or perhaps I saw a man running around who appears to be killing people. I do not know why he was trying to kill people, in my oppinion he was trying to kill people because he is crazy. I cannot see 'crazy' merely the effects of his craziness (killing people). yet I do know what I saw is true.

Quote:
No.In your own words, is global warming a fact or merely your opinion? You believe in a book writen by darwin. You consider it fact, i consider it his opinion, not fact. He could of interpreted it wrong as human often do.

you are misusing the word 'fact'. Evolution is fact, it has been observed in the lab, it is known to occur.

Global warming however cannot be directly observed yet the effects of global warming can be seen (melting of ice).
DiversityDriven

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 06:32 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;54680 wrote:
You cannot observe reason. Reason is oppinion based. For example I see an apple fall to the ground. The apple did fall to the ground, this is fact and it is also observed by any who saw. Even if i do not know the reason the apple fell, i do know that that apple fell. I cannot observe gravity merely the effects of it (things falling).

Or perhaps I saw a man running around who appears to be killing people. I do not know why he was trying to kill people, in my oppinion he was trying to kill people because he is crazy. I cannot see 'crazy' merely the effects of his craziness (killing people). yet I do know what I saw is true.

you are misusing the word 'fact'. Evolution is fact, it has been observed in the lab, it is known to occur.

Global warming however cannot be directly observed yet the effects of global warming can be seen (melting of ice).
Quote:
Evolution is fact
Please provide a link from a reputable source stating so.
Quote:
it has been observed in the lab, it is known to occur.
Then you should have a lab name, maybe the scientist's name who observed this and was it repeatable?
Quote:
So is it fact or an opinion? By saying "cannot be directly observed yet" the answer would be "opinion"
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:30 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54686 wrote:
Please provide a link from a reputable source stating so.

"Evolution is observed every time bacteria mutates into a new strain that is resistant to antibiotics. This is a very real problem for the future. Bring out new drugs and new strains evolve with resistance to them - they are the "fittest" in an antibiotic environment."

Evolution as algorithm

Quote:
Then you should have a lab name, maybe the scientist's name who observed this and was it repeatable?

Which one? It's happened in many many many labs, in-fact, Anti-biotics is all based on the notion of evolution beig true.

Quote:
So is it fact or an opinion? By saying "cannot be directly observed yet" the answer would be "opinion"

Global Warmng? an oppinion...

Evolution? a fact....
0 Replies