Dilema for Numpty as a parent

kynaston

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 10:35 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;68006 wrote:
Nothing, it's just something that bothered me as a parent, who does not believe in any form of deity.

Do you know someone reasonably pleasant who does believe in the stuff? It would seem reasonable to say, 'Well, I don't believe in it at all, but Auntie Jane does, so why not ask her too, then make up your own mind?'
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 11:09 pm
@kynaston,
kynaston;68008 wrote:
Do you know someone reasonably pleasant who does believe in the stuff? It would seem reasonable to say, 'Well, I don't believe in it at all, but Auntie Jane does, so why not ask her too, then make up your own mind?'

1 very good reason. Because the god-myth is a malevolent assault on the minds of children, even if "auntie Jane" has the best of intentions.

The very invention of "auntie Jane" is nothing more than a transparent appeal to the family unit structure in order to try and achieve a spreading of a toxic myth.

Since the god creatures does not exist, it is ridiculous to entertain the notion that a child should be 'taught' the beliefs of mentally-deranged god addict.

It is like saying : "Why not send her to a drug-dealer's house, so she can be "informed" about "both sides"? Why, I am sure the drug-dealer would have some very different beliefs, and the child can make up her own mind."

The fact is there is no legitimacy to the god-myth. To promote the god-myth to a presumably un-affected child who is doing alright without it, is pointless and may result in severe harm to the child.
kynaston

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 02:48 am
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;68009 wrote:
1 very good reason. Because the god-myth is a malevolent assault on the minds of children, even if "auntie Jane" has the best of intentions.

The very invention of "auntie Jane" is nothing more than a transparent appeal to the family unit structure in order to try and achieve a spreading of a toxic myth.

Since the god creatures does not exist, it is ridiculous to entertain the notion that a child should be 'taught' the beliefs of mentally-deranged god addict.

It is like saying : "Why not send her to a drug-dealer's house, so she can be "informed" about "both sides"? Why, I am sure the drug-dealer would have some very different beliefs, and the child can make up her own mind."

The fact is there is no legitimacy to the god-myth. To promote the god-myth to a presumably un-affected child who is doing alright without it, is pointless and may result in severe harm to the child.

Or, Numpty, if you really wanted her to take up religion, you could introduce her to the postings of the Holy Seer: that should put her off atheism for life!Smile
Numpty

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 03:03 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;68017 wrote:
Or, Numpty, if you really wanted her to take up religion, you could introduce her to the postings of the Holy Seer: that should put her off atheism for life!Smile

Very Happy:thumbup:

The Holy Seer takes himself way to serious.

I merely wanted to know if anyone had faced a similar situation as a parent and how they faced it, next thing you know I am getting advice from a person who would not be bothered if their own children, should they have any, died, no tears would be shed. Not only this, the Holy Seer thinks i should tell her her grandad is mentally deranged and has lived a life of lies.

Yup I like this Forbidden truth malarky.
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 08:41 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;68018 wrote:
Very Happy:thumbup:

The Holy Seer takes himself way to serious.

I merely wanted to know if anyone had faced a similar situation as a parent and how they faced it, next thing you know I am getting advice from a person who would not be bothered if their own children, should they have any, died, no tears would be shed. Not only this, the Holy Seer thinks i should tell her her grandad is mentally deranged and has lived a life of lies.

Yup I like this Forbidden truth malarky.

The Truth is a serious matter. Although you may not think so, My post is clearly the best and most informative answer.

I do think your daughter has a Truth-based right to know the Truth, and not be warped by the lies of society. If I really got down to business, I would also add that all children should be taught Forbidden Truth in schools, and there would be a great focus on Seer Charles himself.
Numpty

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 08:48 am
@Seer Travis Truman,
If we are to continue this, can you not refer to my daughter individually but children in general please?

Seer Travis Truman;68024 wrote:
The Truth is a serious matter. Although you may not think so, My post is clearly the best and most informative answer.

No it isn't. You have no experience on the subject. When was the last time you were confronted by this sistuation yourself?
Quote:

I do think your daughter has a Truth-based right to know the Truth, and not be warped by the lies of society. If I really got down to business, I would also add that all children should be taught Forbidden Truth in schools, and there would be a great focus on Seer Charles himself.

Yup teaching 5-11 year olds about serial killers and people being murdered is productive :thumbup:
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 09:24 am
@Numpty,
No it isn't. You have no experience on the subject. When was the last time you were confronted by this sistuation yourself?
Experiance in child raising counts for nothing in this matter. The answer is a Forbidden Truth matter, and that is My expertise.

Yup teaching 5-11 year olds about serial killers and people being murdered is productive
I did not say that. It would be about teaching the Forbidden Truth to children, which Charles clearly represents.

BTW, Charles Manson was never charged with killing anyone, and he was illegally convicted. Not that it really matters.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 09:07 am
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;68081 wrote:

BTW, Charles Manson was never charged with killing anyone, and he was illegally convicted. Not that it really matters.

Charles darwin, did not subscribe to your "forbidden truth" nonsense.
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:29 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;68101 wrote:
Charles darwin, did not subscribe to your "forbidden truth" nonsense.

I was not talking to you, and I never suggested Charles Darwin thought or did anything yet. I have not even mentioned Charles Darwin. I said Manson.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 07:43 am
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;68125 wrote:
I was not talking to you, and I never suggested Charles Darwin thought or did anything yet. I have not even mentioned Charles Darwin. I said Manson.

Oh, sorry I thought you said charles darwin.

my mistake.
0 Replies