Noah's Ark. Fact or Fiction?

Campbell34

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 12:26 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;49414 wrote:
Thats exactly it, he was a christian theologian, to convince people that the magdalen papyrus was older than it actually was he would be advancing his own agenda, and secondly he is a theologian NOT a historian, and assesing the date/age of an artifact is not part of his expertise, nor is his word more valuable than the consensus of historians!

-so put that in yer pipe and smoke it!

Thiede is a New Testament Scholar and recognized as a pioneer in his field. He was the senior lecturer in comparative literature. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS. If you want to know the age and the time when a certain script was written, you would go to someone who was world renouned in comparative literature. And that person would be Thiede. Assesing the age of the paper it was written on would be someone else, but assesing the age of the actual writing style would be Thiede's job. And according to you I guess, Christian cannot be believed because they have their own agenda, but scientist don't?
Please.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 06:19 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;49422 wrote:
Thiede is a New Testament Scholar and recognized as a pioneer in his field. He was the senior lecturer in comparative literature. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS. If you want to know the age and the time when a certain script was written, you would go to someone who was world renouned in comparative literature. And that person would be Thiede. Assesing the age of the paper it was written on would be someone else, but assesing the age of the actual writing style would be Thiede's job. And according to you I guess, Christian cannot be believed because they have their own agenda, but scientist don't?
Please.

Do I have to spell it out to you?

T-H-E-O-L-O-G-Y

Isn't

H-I-S-T-O-R-Y

I don't care how acredited he is, he isn't a historian that isn't his field, EVEN if it was he still would NOT override the consenseus of ALL Historians, who study historic artifacts which the magdalen papyrus is.
Campbell34

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 10:52 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;49453 wrote:
Do I have to spell it out to you?

T-H-E-O-L-O-G-Y

Isn't

H-I-S-T-O-R-Y

I don't care how acredited he is, he isn't a historian that isn't his field, EVEN if it was he still would NOT override the consenseus of ALL Historians, who study historic artifacts which the magdalen papyrus is.

The fact is it appears you know very little, if anything about Thiede, and its obvious you can't tell the difference between a historian, and a papyrologist. You would not consult a historian if you wanted to read an ancient document written on papyrus.
You would cunsult someone who had a professorship in papyrology. And that person would be Thiede who was a New Testament Scholar, but was also an Archaeologist, and held a professorship in papyrology. I'm sorry to say this, but you really don't seem to know very much. And for me to have to point out these basics to you, is really kind of sad. Thiede is a leading authority on ancient manuscripts (a papyrologist). In addition to lecturing widely he directs the Institute for Basic Epistemological Research. WHY ARE YOU EVEN BRINGING UP THEOLOGY?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:59 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;49465 wrote:
The fact is it appears you know very little, if anything about Thiede, and its obvious you can't tell the difference between a historian, and a papyrologist. You would not consult a historian if you wanted to read an ancient document written on papyrus.
You would cunsult someone who had a professorship in papyrology. And that person would be Thiede who was a New Testament Scholar, but was also an Archaeologist, and held a professorship in papyrology. I'm sorry to say this, but you really don't seem to know very much. And for me to have to point out these basics to you, is really kind of sad. Thiede is a leading authority on ancient manuscripts (a papyrologist). In addition to lecturing widely he directs the Institute for Basic Epistemological Research. WHY ARE YOU EVEN BRINGING UP THEOLOGY?

papyrology is history dumbass, try to call me stupid when you don't even know the difference between an academic and a sub-academic.
0 Replies