Noah's Ark. Fact or Fiction?

Campbell34

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 11:14 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46679 wrote:
No Historian has ever mentioned anybody by the name jesus, only 2 historian Ever have mentioned "Christeus" or "Cristos" which is Christ, which is a title not a name!

Christ means "the annointed one"...

Well I thought we were talking about the 3 hours of missing sun light? And the fact that historians of the day spoke of that event. And the fact that it happend at the same time that jesus died on the cross according to the Scriptures.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 07:09 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;46777 wrote:
Well I thought we were talking about the 3 hours of missing sun light? And the fact that historians of the day spoke of that event. And the fact that it happend at the same time that jesus died on the cross according to the Scriptures.

you said and i quote "Thaccus circa spoke of Christ death and the day of his death..."

and i was simply refuting your statemnet!
Campbell34

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 02:24 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46839 wrote:
you said and i quote "Thaccus circa spoke of Christ death and the day of his death..."

and i was simply refuting your statemnet!

I see, well Thallus wrote about the crucifixion of Jesus. His writing date to circa 52 A.D. and the passage on Jesus was contained in Thallus work on the Eastern Medierranean world from the Trojan War to 52 A.D. Thallus noted that darkness fell on the land at the time of the crucifixion. He wrote that such a phenomenon was caused by an eclipse.
Another early writer by the name Julius Africanus who researched the topic of this darkness and wrote the following: "Upon the whole world there came a most fearful darkness. Many rocks were split in two by an earthquake, and many places in Judea and other districts were thrown down. It seems very unreasonable to me that Thallus, in the third book of his histories, would try to explain away this darkness as an eclipse of the sun. For the Jews celebrate their Passover on the 14th day according to the moon, and the death of our Saviour falls on the day before the Passover. But an eclipse of the sun can only take place when the moon comes under the sun, how then could an eclipse have occurred when the moon is directly opposite the sun?"
Another first century historian who also mentions this darkness was Phlegon, who wrote a history entitled the "Olympiads." Phlegon records that, in the time of Tiberius Caesar at full moon, there was a full eclipse of the sun from the sixth hour to the ninth.
I might also mention that Tiberius Caesar was in power when Jesus was crucified. These historical occurences were recorded in public records, and were non Biblical records that agree with the Scriptural accounts. Also it was Phlegon who said the eclipse lasted 3 hours, which also agrees with the Biblical account. Julius Africanus also speaks of the earthquake that happened at the time of the crucifiction.
Numpty

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 03:51 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;46931 wrote:
I see, well Thallus wrote about the crucifixion of Jesus. His writing date to circa 52 A.D. and the passage on Jesus was contained in Thallus work on the Eastern Medierranean world from the Trojan War to 52 A.D. Thallus noted that darkness fell on the land at the time of the crucifixion. He wrote that such a phenomenon was caused by an eclipse.
Another early writer by the name Julius Africanus who researched the topic of this darkness and wrote the following: "Upon the whole world there came a most fearful darkness. Many rocks were split in two by an earthquake, and many places in Judea and other districts were thrown down. It seems very unreasonable to me that Thallus, in the third book of his histories, would try to explain away this darkness as an eclipse of the sun. For the Jews celebrate their Passover on the 14th day according to the moon, and the death of our Saviour falls on the day before the Passover. But an eclipse of the sun can only take place when the moon comes under the sun, how then could an eclipse have occurred when the moon is directly opposite the sun?"
Another first century historian who also mentions this darkness was Phlegon, who wrote a history entitled the "Olympiads." Phlegon records that, in the time of Tiberius Caesar at full moon, there was a full eclipse of the sun from the sixth hour to the ninth.
I might also mention that Tiberius Caesar was in power when Jesus was crucified. These historical occurences were recorded in public records, and were non Biblical records that agree with the Scriptural accounts. Also it was Phlegon who said the eclipse lasted 3 hours, which also agrees with the Biblical account. Julius Africanus also speaks of the earthquake that happened at the time of the crucifiction.

Just to clarify, is the darkness refered to byt the historians of the day as an actual eclipse or is it just that it was dark for three hours?
Campbell34

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 04:41 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;46933 wrote:
Just to clarify, is the darkness refered to byt the historians of the day as an actual eclipse or is it just that it was dark for three hours?

Thallus states it was an eclipse at the time of the crucifiction.

Julius Africanus another historian questions how it could of been an eclipse because the crucifiction took place the day before the Passover.
And the Jews celebrate their Passover on the 14th day according to the moon. Which would mean an eclipse would of been impossible.

Phlegon says in his book that the darkening of the sun took place at the time of Tiberius Caesar in who's reign Jesus was crucified. And he to states that the eclipse took place during a full moon and the duration of darkness was 3 hours long.
Numpty

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 05:40 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;46936 wrote:
Thallus states it was an eclipse at the time of the crucifiction.

Julius Africanus another historian questions how it could of been an eclipse because the crucifiction took place the day before the Passover.
And the Jews celebrate their Passover on the 14th day according to the moon. Which would mean an eclipse would of been impossible.

Phlegon says in his book that the darkening of the sun took place at the time of Tiberius Caesar in who's reign Jesus was crucified. And he to states that the eclipse took place during a full moon and the duration of darkness was 3 hours long.

During this event there were earthquakes, correct? Anything else happen during this event that could help shed light on things?
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 10:29 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;46570 wrote:
Well there is (Historical evidence) which is extra Biblical evidence that tells us that at the time of Christ death, the earth became dark, and there is no explanation for this darkness at the given time of His death.

Has no one ever witnessed a solar eclipse before?
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 10:37 am
@Numpty,
For those who think the prophecies have been full filled, EXPLAIN THE BLATANT misinterpretation to FIT CHRISTIAN BELIEFS

Isiah 7 for the propecy.... then read the (LMAO) fullfillment in Matthew 1
0 Replies

thomascrosthwaite

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 11:33 am
@Numpty,
As I stated in another post, H.G. Well stated that the story of the flood was a common belief among ancient Mideastern people. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 02:47 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;46931 wrote:

So where exactly is this mention of jesus by historians??? :dunno:
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 04:35 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46970 wrote:

That question ALWAYS has some bull **** answer.

Another question USING THEIR OWN BOOK to **** with their heads is

The resurrection story...

Why was the resurrection story NOT included in the book of John? It did not appear until 75 years later after the book was written... hmmmmm

Makes the bible about is historically accurate as John Smiths Memoirs (Silver Child will get this Mr. Speth Reference)
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 04:39 pm
@thomascrosthwaite,
thomascrosthwaite;46960 wrote:
As I stated in another post, H.G. Well stated that the story of the flood was a common belief among ancient Mideastern people. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author

Actually the story of the flood is known by almost every culture on earth. The early Spanish explorers were even shocked when they discovered that even the Indians spoke of the flood story back in the 1500s.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 05:23 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46970 wrote:

One source came from Tacitus who was a Roman government official and historian with acess to the government archives of Rome, confirmed many of the historical details in the Gospels, as well as the books of Acts and Romans. He confirmed that (JESUS) was executed as a criminal under the authority of Pontius Pilate (who ruled Judea under the reign of Emperor Tiberius). He also declared that the Christians, who began in Judea and were now spreading throughout the empire, derived their worship and religion from the person known as (CHRIST). He verified the explosive growth of this new religion within 32 years of (JESUS) crucifixion despite the fact that its founder suffered the death penalty as a criminal.

This is a very good source because Tacitus hated Christians because they refused to worship the pagan gods, and Emperor Nero himself.
Campbell34

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 06:12 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;46938 wrote:
During this event there were earthquakes, correct? Anything else happen during this event that could help shed light on things?

According to the Bible, the large veil that was in front of the holy of holies in the Temple was ripped from the top to the bottom. And yes, there were eartquakes which were confirmed by both the Bible, and historians of that time.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 06:19 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;46955 wrote:
Has no one ever witnessed a solar eclipse before?

I have seen one, but they don't last for 3 hours. The Bible states the darkness lasted 3 hours after Christ died on the cross. Historians of that time also said the darkness lasted 3 hours. Also at the time of this darkness, the moon was not in the proper position for an eclips to occure.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 06:34 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;46982 wrote:
One source came from Tacitus who was a Roman government official and historian with acess to the government archives of Rome, confirmed many of the historical details in the Gospels, as well as the books of Acts and Romans. He confirmed that (JESUS) was executed as a criminal under the authority of Pontius Pilate (who ruled Judea under the reign of Emperor Tiberius). He also declared that the Christians, who began in Judea and were now spreading throughout the empire, derived their worship and religion from the person known as (CHRIST). He verified the explosive growth of this new religion within 32 years of (JESUS) crucifixion despite the fact that its founder suffered the death penalty as a criminal.

This is a very good source because Tacitus hated Christians because they refused to worship the pagan gods, and Emperor Nero himself.

Why do you write jesus as (JESUS)? I know why! you are indicate that you know who he is speaking of while he never actually says the name. Tacitcus never once mentioned anyone by the name of jesus or yeshua or any equilvenlent for that matter....

"Tacitus does not speak of Jesus but, rather, of a christ (originally the religious title "Messiah,"
Campbell34

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 01:13 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46987 wrote:
Why do you write jesus as (JESUS)? I know why! you are indicate that you know who he is speaking of while he never actually says the name. Tacitcus never once mentioned anyone by the name of jesus or yeshua or any equilvenlent for that matter....

"Tacitus does not speak of Jesus but, rather, of a christ (originally the religious title "Messiah,"

For me Jesus or Christ it's the same person, if you want to follow the letter of the law then Christ is fine with me. He was the one that was crucified and under the authority of Pontius Pilate. And he was crucified as a criminal. Tacitus was not a friend to the Christian faith, in fact he hated Christians. Yet his account only confirms the Biblical account and exposses the Bible as true, and reveals to us that Christ was a real historical person and not just a myth as some would have us believe. Also, his account on the darkness at the time of Christ death on the cross also confirms the biblical account as true.
thomascrosthwaite

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 11:44 am
@Numpty,
To you yes, but was he to Tacitus? As the Christian faith expanded everyone heard about the Christians. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author
RedOct

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 12:08 pm
@Numpty,
No new word on the Ark, but it turns out that there once was a Great Flood, only it wasn't worldwide, but great enough to turn Black Lake into Black Sea, sinking many villages along it's coast in at least 6 countries.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 02:06 pm
@thomascrosthwaite,
thomascrosthwaite;47041 wrote:
To you yes, but was he to Tacitus? As the Christian faith expanded everyone heard about the Christians. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author

Cornelisu Tacitus was a Roman historian and governor of Asia in A.D. 112. He was a personal friend of the historian Pliny the Younger. Tacitus, as a Roman government official and historian with acess to the government archives of Rome, confirmed many of the historical details in the Gospels. He also confirmed that Christ was executed as a criminal under the authority of Pontius Pilate. He also verified the explosive growth of this new religion within 32 years of Christ crucifixion despite the fact that its founder suffered the death penalty as a criminal. Additionally, Tacitus confirms that the Christians were despised, and hated, because they refused to worship the pagan gods, and the Emperor.
Yes, he was Christ to Tacitus, and the historical record points this out clearly.