Should Religious Universities Be Accredited?

Ares cv

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2009 04:32 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47364 wrote:
Again, Judeo-Christian schools -- hell yes. Anything else, hell no. Muslim schools should be closed down NOW. Islam should be outlawed. I personally loathe it.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

If I were to be radical about it then I would do away with all three of the damn religions which spur up so much damn hate. Why is your avatar Pinochet? Do you expect to be taken seriously while projecting yourself to be a dictator?
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 11:50 pm
@thomascrosthwaite,
thomascrosthwaite;47133 wrote:
First, let me express appreciation for religious institutions establishing higher education in the United States. Harvard, the oldest and most prestigious university in America was founded as a religious institution to train ministers. The University of Chicago was founded as a Baptist school, and the co-founder of Vanderbilt was a bishop in the Methodist church. These universities are now secular or mostly so. This is because science has largely replaced religion as an authority in the academic community. Read the book of Genesis in the Bible and you will find out why. It is something that you would read to a four or five year old. Since religious schools go against mainstream universities and exist to indoctrinate rather than to truly educate, to the benefit of power seekers, such as the Rev. Pat Roberson, should they enjoy accreditation? Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author

Jesus said he would hide the truth from those who claim to be wise and learned and reveal it to little children. That's why all children know;

1) the difference between animals and humans
2) That the world works exactly the way it's described in Genesis. Wink
3) Why humans can only breed humans and animals can only reproduce themselves

But unfortunately, since scientists have replaced God as the final authority in the secular world, our children are being taught the delusion that monkeys, apes, or better yet, imaginary animals can turn into people. :rolleyes:

But that's what happens when people worship humans as gods; you get nothing but delusions just like Nazi Germany got, Russia got under Stalin and the Romans got under the emperors that they called gods. :rolleyes:

So Satan wants to make sure that most children are deceived so they can go to hell. And the secular world agrees with Satan. :angryfire: That's also why our children are sexually promiscuous, arrogant and more children are committing mass murder than ever before. But since Satan doesn't care, then neither does the secular world. That's what you get from "higher" education; greed, sexual indscirimination, animal-like behavior and delusions. Sick. :rolleyes:
mimidamnit

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 01:24 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47295 wrote:
So, you want America to make the entire world equal by essentially destroying itself. Nuts. Do that on your time and dime.:no:

a very important historical american document states that all men are created equal.. are we to believe that he only meant "americans".. and if what they say is true.. that our country was founded upon christian beliefs.. why are we not all considered equal.. american or otherwise?
0 Replies

mimidamnit

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 01:29 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;47445 wrote:
anyone against equality is a hypocrite, because they expect respect for themselves yet deny it to others!

absolutely true.. america is quick to stomp on the rights of another nation.. but oh f**k if they stomp on ours.
0 Replies

thomascrosthwaite

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 01:03 am
@Carico,
Carico;66643 wrote:
Jesus said he would hide the truth from those who claim to be wise and learned and reveal it to little children. That's why all children know;

1) the difference between animals and humans
2) That the world works exactly the way it's described in Genesis. Wink
3) Why humans can only breed humans and animals can only reproduce themselves

But unfortunately, since scientists have replaced God as the final authority in the secular world, our children are being taught the delusion that monkeys, apes, or better yet, imaginary animals can turn into people. :rolleyes:

But that's what happens when people worship humans as gods; you get nothing but delusions just like Nazi Germany got, Russia got under Stalin and the Romans got under the emperors that they called gods. :rolleyes:

So Satan wants to make sure that most children are deceived so they can go to hell. And the secular world agrees with Satan. :angryfire: That's also why our children are sexually promiscuous, arrogant and more children are committing mass murder than ever before. But since Satan doesn't care, then neither does the secular world. That's what you get from "higher" education; greed, sexual indscirimination, animal-like behavior and delusions. Sick. :rolleyes:
What do you think about Lot's daughters getting him drunk and both of them raping him? Genesis 19 verses 30-38 Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author
Carico

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 04:10 pm
@thomascrosthwaite,
thomascrosthwaite;66758 wrote:
What do you think about Lot's daughters getting him drunk and both of them raping him? Genesis 19 verses 30-38 Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author

There was no law against incest when Lot was alive. ;)So they weren't breaking the law any more than women today are breaking secular laws when they kill their babies in the womb. Wink

So what Lot's daughters did can't compare with the licentious sexual debauchery endorsed by people of "higher" education of today since we do have God's laws today. That's why Jesus says we're guilty because we know God's law and thus breaking them is deliberate because we're without excuse. And that's why the secular world is anti-Christ because he's convicted the world of sin. Wink
Numpty

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 10:35 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66845 wrote:
There was no law against incest when Lot was alive. ;)So they weren't breaking the law any more than women today are breaking secular laws when they kill their babies in the womb. Wink

So what Lot's daughters did can't compare with the licentious sexual debauchery endorsed by people of "higher" education of today since we do have God's laws today. That's why Jesus says we're guilty because we know God's law and thus breaking them is deliberate because we're without excuse. And that's why the secular world is anti-Christ because he's convicted the world of sin. Wink

What a load of Bollocks!!!

So plying him with drink and raping him was ok as well then.

Weren't these poeple spared from Gomorrah because of their virtue?

If there were no laws then why did God destroy that city?

You truely are deluded, apparently ur dime a dozen in the BIble belt. Am I glad Bigots like you are very few and far between over here.
thomascrosthwaite

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 01:21 am
@thomascrosthwaite,
You said it Numpty. This is just how brainwashed and silly some fundalmentalist really are. They logic is unbelieverable, and they are completly unaware that they have been had, and these are the people who want to do away with public schools and use all the tools of modern society to brainwash everyone. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 11:29 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;66859 wrote:
What a load of Bollocks!!!

So plying him with drink and raping him was ok as well then.

You truely are deluded, apparently ur dime a dozen in the BIble belt. Am I glad Bigots like you are very few and far between over here.

:rollinglaugh: So you were alive before God gave the law so you know when He did. Is that correct? :rollinglaugh: People who make up their own history are delusional. :rolleyes:
Numpty

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 05:52 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66999 wrote:
:rollinglaugh: So you were alive before God gave the law so you know when He did. Is that correct? :rollinglaugh: People who make up their own history are delusional. :rolleyes:

Demonstrate to me where I made up my own history on this subject.

This is your challenge for the day.

You didn't answer the questions, stop dodging them.

Quote:
So plying him with drink and raping him was ok as well then?

Whip

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 02:31 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;67019 wrote:

So plying him with drink and raping him was ok as well then?

Study the topic before debating it. It is very self defaming to attack something one knows little or nothing about.

A. The daughters did not rape their father. They plied him with alcohol and then took advantage of him in an attempt to give to him something he wanted. Read Scriptures and learn.

B. It was a commitment to God that spared Lot, not sexual virtue, as you imply.

C. There have always been laws created by God and followed by the righteous.

D. Caricos Biblical knowledge is lacking. In my opinion, he has read the Bible but never studied it and accepts as gospel the interpretations of others who have accepted the interpretations of others and on-and-on.

E. Atheists like to attack the beliefs of Christians. On the average, they do not attack other religions which believe in God(s). Why is this? Is it because so many of the many Christian religions disagree with each other, thereby making them easy targets for atheists who really don't want a challenge? Why do atheists attack anyone who believes in a God if they are secure, (or are they), in their belief that God(s) do not exist? I am a Christian and I have no desire to convert atheists; why do atheists want to convert Christians? Seems to me that atheists would be happy knowing that they know the truth, (or do they?), and would laugh at the folly of Christians.

Atheists are fun people. One of the last things you will hear from one when a bullet enters their chest is, "Oh, God!" They don't say, "Oh, God, [SIZE="3"]that I don't believe in[/SIZE]". They simply say, "Oh, God", like it's a prayer. And it is. They really don't want to be committed to an afterlife of nothingness - they want continuance.

Also, why do atheists bother obeying the laws of lands built upon the commandments of a God they do not believe in? Thou shall not kill - not an atheist law - a God law; Thou shalt not steal - not an atheist law - a God law. Why do atheists not steal and kill in the name of their "no god"?

I love atheists - they are some funny people: Hate a god, yet follow His divine commandments.
thomascrosthwaite

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 12:48 am
@thomascrosthwaite,
As Numpty as said we are good people because it pays to be good. We want to be well thought of and have friends just like most other people. Prehaps the one thing that we might disagree on, is that we are likely to have more liberal ideas about sex. I do not believe that sex can always be confined to marriage. While I believe that teenagers should be discourage from having sex before 18, I would make exceptions in some cases. For example, in the case of terminial illness. I did not get married until I was 70 year old. I had sex with legal prostitutes and make no apology for it. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 10:10 pm
@Whip,
Whip;67072 wrote:

Atheists are fun people. One of the last things you will hear from one when a bullet enters their chest is, "Oh, God!" They don't say, "Oh, God, [SIZE="3"]that I don't believe in[/SIZE]". They simply say, "Oh, God", like it's a prayer. And it is. They really don't want to be committed to an afterlife of nothingness - they want continuance.

Christians also have the tendency to say "holy-cow!" when surprised.

I guess that means they believe in the sacredness of cows...

Quote:

Also, why do atheists bother obeying the laws of lands built upon the commandments of a God they do not believe in? Thou shall not kill - not an atheist law - a God law; Thou shalt not steal - not an atheist law - a God law. Why do atheists not steal and kill in the name of their "no god"?

Because of something called morality.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 12:18 am
@Whip,
Whip;67072 wrote:
Study the topic before debating it. It is very self defaming to attack something one knows little or nothing about.

A. The daughters did not rape their father. They plied him with alcohol and then took advantage of him in an attempt to give to him something he wanted. Read Scriptures and learn.

B. It was a commitment to God that spared Lot, not sexual virtue, as you imply. Did I say anything about Sexual Virtue?

C. There have always been laws created by God and followed by the righteous. Mr Carico Stated otherwise, which is why I was calling him out

D. Caricos Biblical knowledge is lacking. In my opinion, he has read the Bible but never studied it and accepts as gospel the interpretations of others who have accepted the interpretations of others and on-and-on.Ah, so basically the Bible is open to interpretation on an idividual basis?

E. Atheists like to attack the beliefs of Christians. On the average, they do not attack other religions which believe in God(s). Why is this? Is it because so many of the many Christian religions disagree with each other, thereby making them easy targets for atheists who really don't want a challenge? Why do atheists attack anyone who believes in a God if they are secure, (or are they), in their belief that God(s) do not exist? I am a Christian and I have no desire to convert atheists; why do atheists want to convert Christians? Seems to me that atheists would be happy knowing that they know the truth, (or do they?), and would laugh at the folly of Christians. You might want to read some of Mr Carico's posts before you start accusing 'athiests' of attacking people. I have not a single issue with a person of private faith, or any that come to the table with evidence of what they are preaching is thruth, ie. peer reviewed evidence. Start spouting off rubbish about the Noah and his Ark as fact with not shread of evidence, then it's time to challenge.

Atheists are fun people. One of the last things you will hear from one when a bullet enters their chest is, "Oh, God!" They don't say, "Oh, God, [SIZE="3"]that I don't believe in[/SIZE]". They simply say, "Oh, God", like it's a prayer. And it is. They really don't want to be committed to an afterlife of nothingness - they want continuance. :dunno: Yeah, what's that got to do with anything?

Also, why do atheists bother obeying the laws of lands built upon the commandments of a God they do not believe in? Thou shall not kill - not an atheist law - a God law; Thou shalt not steal - not an atheist law - a God law. Why do atheists not steal and kill in the name of their "no god"? Do some research on the matter. There are courts of law in all cultures before the Christ one, these indicate similarities to the (I would hardly call them divine) commandments.

I love atheists - they are some funny people: Hate a god, yet follow His divine commandments.See above

Amswers inRED

I love Christian Fundamentalists. Truely deluded in all things. Very Happy
0 Replies